Luggage tag question

I always log in to my account on the cruise ship's website and print my luggage tags. Then fold them and cover them with clear packing tape. I attach them to my suitcases with more clear packing tape when I am ready to take them to the cruise ship. This secures them and makes them water proof.

Be kind to others and affix the tags BEFORE you get to the port - nothing worse than someone holding up the drop off area by someone wasting time attaching tags by their car. Or drop off the bags and passengers and move on to the parking area.

There is a Porter shed at the port of Baltimore - where you can pick up luggage tags if you don't have them already. There is construction in the port area - so it's in a different location, but still there.

It's better to attach them before you arrive in port. The last time I saw a table for handing out luggage tags, it was so backlogged you couldn't approach it. Very disorganized.

When we took the Royal Caribbean transfer bus to port, they unloaded the bags from bus directly to the luggage dollies, so any w/o tags had to be removed. Just mentioning this because we had put our carry-ons below, and it caused quite a hassle. Camera bag, buried beneath heavier bags, etc.

Edited by knittinggirl

There is a Porter shed at the port of Baltimore - where you can pick up luggage tags if you don't have them already. There is construction in the port area - so it's in a different location, but still there.

They are doing some construction at the pier. While we've always picked up our tags here on 6.1 you picked them up where you drop off luggage. Not sureif or when this might change again.

• 4 weeks later...

We are 6 weeks out from our b2b Oasis cruises. Completed all registration/paperwork on RCCL website but can't get to where we print our bag tags. What am I missing here? Never had this issue in all the cruises we have taken!

We are 6 weeks out from our b2b Oasis cruises. Completed all registration/paperwork on RCCL website but can't get to where we print our bag tags. What am I missing here? Never had this issue in all the cruises we have taken!

There should be a "Print Luggage Tag" button on the same page as your online check-in. If not, and you have not booked an Air2Sea flight (which can delay cruise docs), then I'd call whoever booked your cruise and find out the problem.

There should be a "Print Luggage Tag" button on the same page as your online check-in. If not, and you have not booked an Air2Sea flight (which can delay cruise docs), then I'd call whoever booked your cruise and find out the problem.

OK. The "Print Luggage Tag" button isn't appearing. We booked our own air and transfers as well.

I'll call them.

The "print luggage tags" tab usually doesn't show up until about 45 days out....

I called RCCL Tech Support and they said I needed to wait until I got my edoc's email from them...who knows. We cruise often on RCCL, never has this happened...don't get it!

If you speak Spanish, I would try calling Crown & Anchor. They have been helpful in the past.

We always put ours on before leaving home even when flying. I print them, cut off the folding instructions and then laminate them. Punch a hole at the top and attach with a cable tie.

If you speak Spanish, I would try calling Crown & Anchor. They have been helpful in the past.

Right...did that, was a difficult conversation that ended with no help at all. A waste of my time. Oh well....

I called RCCL Tech Support and they said I needed to wait until I got my edoc's email from them...who knows. We cruise often on RCCL, never has this happened...don't get it!

You need to wait until the 49 day/7 week mark. It's just too early for your luggage tags to be available

Patience, grasshopper.

Poster said they were 6 weeks out.

50 days to be exact...

like I said, we cruise at least 4 times a year (total of 8 weeks a year) on both RCCL and Princess and this is the first time we have ever had this.

Heading for Alaska for July 22 cruise and printed Princess bag tags at about 75 days out.

Not sweating it, we can always get tags at the terminal just takes more time and a little more trouble for us and the people taking our bags.

Like other posters we usually fold, laminate (cost about $3.00), single hole punch laminated tag, and zip tie to bags.

50 days to be exact...

Well, then, you are the one that can't do math - that's 7+ weeks (not 6) and changes the advice given. Then back to what Carol said, be patient - tomorrow, at day 49 (if today is really at day 50), you'll get your cruise docs, which will have the luggage tags.