St. Kitts, Antigua, Martinique, Barbados, Trinidad Trinidad and Toabgo?

KJHorton

We will be on the Caribbean Princess and will be diving Curacao and Aruba, but want to add at least one more dive day.

I see Dive St. Kitts gets some nice recommendations. How is the diving there?

Are any of the above ports worth diving? Can anyone recommend an operator or a nice place to shore dive?

Thanks

Dive St Kitts is a great operation! Antigua and Aruba aren't known for the diving and we haven't dived at either of them. We loved Curious2Dive in Curacao; so much that we have booked them for next February.

I wasn't a fan of Martenique so that would be worth checking for dive ops.

I would love to do your itinerary...never been to Trinidad and Tobago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I can strongly recommend Dive St. Kitts (www.divestkitts.com). The one thing I'll say is the port pick-up always seems to be disorganized. They always get you there, but every time it seems a bit mixed up. finitely have their phone number with you. You may have to have a local call them for you.

However, other than that, I think you'll find everything to be fantastic. Very friendly people, reasonable prices, great dive sites, a boat that I really like the design of, and diving that is good for all experience levels.

Barbados is another favorite place of mine. There's a great wreck dive there, the Stavron Ikita. Peter and Heather at West Side Scuba Centre (www.westsidescuba.com) can get you set up and they also offer port pick-up and return.

It sounds like you're set for Aruba. I have a great operator there is you need a recommendation.

Curacao: I can only offer the name of one to avoid. I'm booked with Curious2Dive for November, so I'm glad to hear they're as good as they've sounded so far.

Antigua; I dove there and it was far more hassle than it was worth. All the way down to English Harbor, for diving that was really nothing special.

Harris

Denver, CO

Harris, yours are always recommendations I hold in high regard. You add immeasurably to this board so I hope you like Hans as much as we did.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Robin,

I've been super impressed with his responsiveness to emails, and willingness to customize for me. I'm quite certain they'll be great.

Thanks,

Harris

Denver, CO

I can strongly recommend Dive St. Kitts (www.divestkitts.com). The one thing I'll say is the port pick-up always seems to be disorganized. They always get you there, but every time it seems a bit mixed up. finitely have their phone number with you. You may have to have a local call them for you.

However, other than that, I think you'll find everything to be fantastic. Very friendly people, reasonable prices, great dive sites, a boat that I really like the design of, and diving that is good for all experience levels.

Barbados is another favorite place of mine. There's a great wreck dive there, the Stavron Ikita. Peter and Heather at West Side Scuba Centre (www.westsidescuba.com) can get you set up and they also offer port pick-up and return.

It sounds like you're set for Aruba. I have a great operator there is you need a recommendation.

Curacao: I can only offer the name of one to avoid. I'm booked with Curious2Dive for November, so I'm glad to hear they're as good as they've sounded so far.

Antigua; I dove there and it was far more hassle than it was worth. All the way down to English Harbor, for diving that was really nothing special.

Harris

Denver, CO

Harris, if you had a choice, would you prefer Barbados or St. Kitts? We are very experienced and frequent divers, if that makes any difference.

We have been shore diving with the Dive Bus in Curacao and plan to spend a relaxing day diving there again.

Thank you

Harris, if you had a choice, would you prefer Barbados or St. Kitts? We are very experienced and frequent divers, if that makes any difference

Thank you

It's a very tough call. They are both great places, and both fantastic operators.

If you like wreck diving the Stavron Ikita tips the scale in favor of Barbados. It's 400 + feet long, and makes a great wreck dive for all experience levels. The bow is at about 40 feet, while the prop at the sea floor is at exactly 130 feet. There are varying levels of penetration, including no penetration at all; suitable for all levels of diver.

St. Kitts has fun and interesting smaller wrecks, and I would say more to see as far as reef and sea life.

Of course the conditions on the day your there are the final determining factor.

Harris

• 3 weeks later...

I will also be on the Caribbean Princess in October, and will be diving in St.Kitts, Curacao, Aruba, and possibly one other port.

In St. Kitts, it will be with Pro Divers St. Kitts. Auston will take us to a ledge to hand feed lion fish to the sharks!

In Curacao, I'm doing sunset and night dives with Caribbean Sea Sports on their house reef.

In Aruba, two easy wreck dives on the Antilla and Pedernales with Red Sail Sports.

All three cater to cruise ship divers and make the most of our limited time on their islands.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...
I will also be on the Caribbean Princess in October, and will be diving in St.Kitts, Curacao, Aruba, and possibly one other port.

In St. Kitts, it will be with Pro Divers St. Kitts. Auston will take us to a ledge to hand feed lion fish to the sharks!

In Curacao, I'm doing sunset and night dives with Caribbean Sea Sports on their house reef.

In Aruba, two easy wreck dives on the Antilla and Pedernales with Red Sail Sports.

All three cater to cruise ship divers and make the most of our limited time on their islands.

Ed

Hi, Ed!

So far, we are diving with Clive in Aruba. Doing the Antilla and a reef

In Curacao we are shore diving at Dive Bus

Looking to add a third location, either St. Kitt's or Babados.

Maybe we will see you there!

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

We love both Barbados and St. Kitts equally. My wife doesn.t dive, so we'll spend the day on Barbados as we always do, snorkeling with the turtles off Payne's Bay Beach. On St. Kitts, I'm diving with Pro Divers. Diving during the day, and dancing every night. The only way to vacation !

Hope to see you there. ;)

Ed