Olympus tg-5

deec

Does anyone have comments about this camera, Olympus tg-5 ?

Husband uses Nikon D7100 and I have a point and shoot Panasonic with Leica lense but wondering if this would be a good addition. We are going on a WC and will have some wet type excursions.

Following, I plan to buy one within the next 2-3 months. So far the reviews have been very good. Another new camera to look at is the Nikon Coolpix W300. I'll probably take a drive up to B&H in NYC to check them both out.

I have the TG4 and feel that it is a good addition to your camera gear. Great for any situation where there is a possibility of your camera getting wet. Perfect for the pool or beach. Also the camera is small and lite enough that one can carry it around in a purse or pocket.

I just purchased the TG4 as I felt when compared to the TG5 it actually seemed like the better camera. Given the same size sensor Olympus has chosen to reduce the number of pixels on the TG5. I have a Canon PowerShot underwater also but it does not shoot RAW and I haven't been so happy with the underwater shots. I wanted a faster lens and the TG4 has an F2 which is pretty good for a sports camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone have comments about this camera, Olympus tg-5 ?

Husband uses Nikon D7100 and I have a point and shoot Panasonic with Leica lense but wondering if this would be a good addition. We are going on a WC and will have some wet type excursions.

I also have a TG-4. I am not impressed w the quality of the out-of-the-water pictures but does do OK for the price as an underwater camera. Just remember, it is just a P&S so do not expect too much from it. I also use it as beach / sand camera for obvious reasons. So far it has not leaked.

DON