Any update on cruises scheduled to leave from Puerto Rico?

mixplix

I did a search, but couldnt find anything. Are there cruises scheduled to leave from PR that are still leaving as scheduled? We are on the AOS in April, and I presume by then some order will be restored, but was curious as to cruises leaving now?

thanks.

I doubt anyone could even get as far as the airport. From what I saw on the news last night it is still trying to get travelers out that have been stuck there since the storm. Conditions are primitive. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2017/09/25/air-traffic-slowly-returns-to-puerto-rico-but-dire-conditions-continue-after-maria/?utm_term=.a19f49e7d119

Did you check the website?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/US/en_US/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

There may be an update today.

So it appears that RC is going to look at port changes using a four week method. Not sure how far out Carnival is looking. Not sure why these two lines are waiting so long to change st Maarten as it will be months before they return if not longer. SJ and St Thomas are tougher as they could end up returning there by years end, thinking optimistically. I understand the logistics are not easy. You would think that the future cruises, oct thru Jan feb are going to be hard to sell when they continue to say it's going to st Maarten, etc. wishing them the best of luck during this difficult time of planning switching cruises.

I am so angry at RCI for dragging their feet on decisions for the Cruises in the next few weeks. They wait until days before when it is impossible to rebook. They know the situation. There is no power, cell towers, water, hotels closed and airlines cancelling flights. I have been an ardent supporter of RCI but not any more. This is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am so angry at RCI for dragging their feet on decisions for the Cruises in the next few weeks. They wait until days before when it is impossible to rebook. They know the situation. There is no power, cell towers, water, hotels closed and airlines cancelling flights. I have been an ardent supporter of RCI but not any more. This is ridiculous

I understand your thoughts. However, I believe they are trying to give the islands time to see if they will be able to accept pax. For every person that wants them to go ahead and change now...there is probably another person who would be really upset if they do go ahead and change but then ships from other cruise lines are able to make it there that same week.

So while there are many "everyday" decisions that I think RC messes up, I would not want to be in their position right now making these decisions!

As the old saying goes..." you are never going to please everyone"!

People on the 9/30 roll call have been reporting that their flights have been cancelled and hotels are also canceling. I'm on this ship later in October and had a hotel reservation at Embassy Suites, which was cancelled. They are now closed and not accepting reservations through October 31, 2017. I was able to make another reservation at the Marriott, but we'll see what happens within the next week.

FWIW I think Carnival did the right thing in canceling their cruises through 10/7. It gave people time to make other arrangements.

So it appears that RC is going to look at port changes using a four week method. Not sure how far out Carnival is looking. Not sure why these two lines are waiting so long to change st Maarten as it will be months before they return if not longer. SJ and St Thomas are tougher as they could end up returning there by years end, thinking optimistically. I understand the logistics are not easy. You would think that the future cruises, oct thru Jan feb are going to be hard to sell when they continue to say it's going to st Maarten, etc. wishing them the best of luck during this difficult time of planning switching cruises.

Carnival cancelled 3 weeks worth of cruises out of San Juan and Barbados. They have only updated other itineraries through about 9/30. It seems they are going week by week, although I'm not sure if that will change now that Maria has passed and they have been able to properly access. The thought seems to be they are trying not to change if they don't have to by going week to week but as you said some are going to be out of commission for a lot longer.

I understand your thoughts. However, I believe they are trying to give the islands time to see if they will be able to accept pax. For every person that wants them to go ahead and change now...there is probably another person who would be really upset if they do go ahead and change but then ships from other cruise lines are able to make it there that same week.

So while there are many "everyday" decisions that I think RC messes up, I would not want to be in their position right now making these decisions!

+1. There are no easy answers for the cruise lines. They could cancel everything for the next month: half the customers would be thrilled to get a refund and move on. The other half upset that it was done too soon.

People on the 9/30 roll call have been reporting that their flights have been cancelled and hotels are also canceling. I'm on this ship later in October and had a hotel reservation at Embassy Suites, which was cancelled. They are now closed and not accepting reservations through October 31, 2017. I was able to make another reservation at the Marriott, but we'll see what happens within the next week.

FWIW I think Carnival did the right thing in canceling their cruises through 10/7. It gave people time to make other arrangements.

Carnival had the "easier" out of the two as there terminal sustained damage. It's not been mentioned that the port/terminal that RC uses took on damage but if it did you would have probably heard by now. Carnival really had no choice.

News reports on PR and the St. Thomas are not promising either an early reopening to tourism or a return to anyway near normal conditions on the islands. Still no power or running water, lots of roads blocked by trees or not able to be used. Flights are limited into PR since the storm and primarily being used to bring in aid and fly those who were stranded there during the storm.

Yes, it is true that passengers with reservations will be disappointed but Mother Nature is in control and not the cruise lines. Reality is it will be quite some time before either of these islands are ready for visitors.

MARAPRINCE

News reports on PR and the St. Thomas are not promising either an early reopening to tourism or a return to anyway near normal conditions on the islands. Still no power or running water, lots of roads blocked by trees or not able to be used. Flights are limited into PR since the storm and primarily being used to bring in aid and fly those who were stranded there during the storm.

Yes, it is true that passengers with reservations will be disappointed but Mother Nature is in control and not the cruise lines. Reality is it will be quite some time before either of these islands are ready for visitors.

MARAPRINCE

As it should be. I am more disappointed by RCI NOT making the decision to cancel at least a few of these cruises (of which I am on 10/7 & 10/14). I would like to be able to get on with my life and all the cancellations I need to make. I think by telling those on the 9/30 cruise 4 days before the cruise is to sail is ludicrous.

Couldn't have put it any better myself!!!!!!

+1. There are no easy answers for the cruise lines. They could cancel everything for the next month: half the customers would be thrilled to get a refund and move on. The other half upset that it was done too soon.

I am with the half that would be thrilled to get a refund and move on and my cruise isn't until November 11th - that is how not optimistic I am that cruises are going to leave out of SJ anytime soon :(

They are going to , I imagine, work week to week and make announcements as close to cruise date as possible. People made posts like yours that said Key West won't be available. the rest of this year. While the damage at St Martin is obviously more severe, the local government may make the port area a priority after basic services are at least partially restored to help get the tourist dollars that will fund the needed work. If they can get basic services I'll gladly pay to spend a day sitting on Orient Beach if I can get off the ship and get a cab to there. I'm scheduled to be there around May 1st, I don't expect an update from Royal till maybe April 1st, but we will see.

Royal Caribbean International

2 mins ·

Weather & Itinerary Update

September 25, 2017 @ 11 AM EDT

Our thoughts and prayers are with our neighbors in San Juan and the other affected islands as they rebuild after Hurricanes Irma and Maria.

The following sailing is being cancelled:

Adventure of the Seas: September 30

Given the impact of Hurricane Maria, we are cancelling this cruise to utilize the ship for evacuation and humanitarian efforts. The ship will arrive on Wednesday, September 27 and will operate humanitarian calls in San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Croix to aid in the evacuation and donate critical supplies to each destination. The ship will bring evacuees to Fort Lauderdale before returning to San Juan on October 6 to prepare for the October 7th cruise.

We are very sorry for the impact this storm has had on your vacation. The cruise fare and fees will be 100% refunded to the original form of payment, and we are also offering a 25% future cruise credit, based on the cruise fare, if a new cruise is booked in the next 30 days. Pre-booked shore excursions will also be refunded to your original form of payment.

Future itineraries:

Given Hurricane Irma’s impact to St. Maarten and St. Thomas, as well as Hurricane Maria’s impact to San Juan, we are altering the following ports for future sailings until these islands have fully recovered.

As the recovery effort remains fluid and each island is working diligently to get back to normal operations, we will continue to communicate any port changes approximately four weeks prior to departure.

Adventure of the Seas:

10/7 – St. Croix to Martinique

10/14 – St. Croix to Antigua

Allure of the Seas:

10/1 – St. Thomas & San Juan to Cozumel & Costa Maya

10/15 – St. Maarten & San Juan to Cozumel & Costa Maya

Enchantment of the Seas:

10/2 & 10/9 – Freeport back to Key West

Harmony of the Seas:

10/7 – St. Maarten, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya

10/21 – St. Thomas, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya

Serenade of the Seas:

10/20 – St. Thomas & St. Maarten to St. Kitts & Antigua

Oasis of the Seas:

10/8 – St. Maarten, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya

10/22 – St. Maarten & San Juan to Nassau & Falmouth

I am on the 10/21 cruise out of San Juan and wish they would make a decision as well. Given the news coming from Puerto Rico it's hard to imagine it will be ready for cruises in 3 weeks. They can't get supplies and food to the people who live there. How are they going to supply a ship (or if they can don't --give it to the people of San Juan!) Give me my credit and let me move on to try to salvage some sort of vacation instead of playing this waiting game.

Given the number of hotels closed through Halloween, I find this to be very surprising. RCL will have a fiasco on its hands if people literally can't get to a cruise that is sailing anyway. I thought they'd cancel all the October sailings.

So did I. I am on 10/14 and I am very angry! They give four damn days notice !'they changed our itinerary as if nothing is happenimg

I'm surprised and disappointed that Royal Caribbean is insisting these cruises are a go until just a few days in advance. I think not cancelling at least a couple weeks out is disrespectful not only to the passengers, but to the islanders who are trying to recover from a major storm. Many don't have electricity or running water yet, but RCI is going to home port a ship there? Hundreds of people are camping at the airport trying to get a flight to the mainland, but RCI is going to ask vacationers to fly in and out of San Juan? It just makes no sense to me.

The fastest I've seen a port reopen for cruise business was Cozumel after Wilma in 2005...they welcomed the first ships three weeks after the storm. An important distinction is Cozumel isn't a home port, so hotel rooms, airport capacity, fuel, and provisions weren't required to support the ships. The needs of a ship home porting are going to add time to the cruise recovery period. I know I sound like Debbie-Downer, but I'm not sure what Royal Caribbean is thinking. San Juan needs to recover/rebuild their infrastructure before they will be able to support a home ported ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also on the 10/14 cruise and our update today was switching St. Croix to Antigua, that's it. Honestly, if they'd just let us leave from FL instead of PR I'd be all about that, give me another sea day I don't care. Wonder why they don't do that? Think it'd be easier on their end, too.

We are also on the 10/14 cruise and our update today was switching St. Croix to Antigua, that's it. Honestly, if they'd just let us leave from FL instead of PR I'd be all about that, give me another sea day I don't care. Wonder why they don't do that? Think it'd be easier on their end, too.

I think they are already having trouble accommodating the ships that regularly do Eastern/Western. They cannot get too far into the Southern Caribbean on 7-day cruise from Florida.