RCI Labadee Excursions

dividedsky

I’ve done the sandbar. It is not a real sandbar, they take you to a separate part of Amiga Island. That said, it was really fun and it was beautiful. And it’s not a very expensive excursion. I would do it again for sure.

My stop in Labadee for my upcoming cruise got cancelled [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] but I had the jet ski excursion booked. I bought it on sale for $76. It’s originally $91 I believe. Very bummed to be missing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
We did the kayaking recently. It was a great time.

Hi ,

Ive booked the kayaking trip and was wondering if there is anywhere to store your towels,sunscreen etc. whilst on the trip. Also wondering what to wear ,especially footwear.

Any info much appreciated.

Bob.

Hi ,

Ive booked the kayaking trip and was wondering if there is anywhere to store your towels,sunscreen etc. whilst on the trip. Also wondering what to wear ,especially footwear.

Bob.

Have not done Labadee, but on Cococay, they have lockers for your stuff. You pay a fee, and can use one locker at a time, all over the island. So you could switch lockers.

We had Crocs sandals (strap at the back), but took them off for the sea kayak excursion.

I’ve done the sandbar. It is not a real sandbar, they take you to a separate part of Amiga Island. That said, it was really fun and it was beautiful. And it’s not a very expensive excursion. I would do it again for sure.

My stop in Labadee for my upcoming cruise got cancelled [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] but I had the jet ski excursion booked. I bought it on sale for $76. It’s originally $91 I believe. Very bummed to be missing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We jet skied last year in Labadee ,it was great fun !! sorry you'll miss it :(

Hi ,

Bob.

There are lockers on Labadee. We used the ones by the zipline. I can't speak as to whether there are other locations. There was a fee (can't remember how much) that was charged to our shipboard account. Enjoy!

Hi ,

Bob.

Hi Bob, We wore swimsuits with t-shirts and shorts, and scandals. Have to wear a life jacket so t-shirt made it more comfortable. I saw the lockers near the kayak hut, but for towels and sunscreen, we just left them on our lounge chairs. Up to you, but a risk I was willing to take. Hope you enjoy the kayaking.

We did the sandbar excursion in 2013...my hubby and I were mid 50's plus 4 adult kids in mid/late 20's. The adult kids said hands down best excursion besides Stingray City. This was just about 50 minutes or so on the sandbar which we would have liked an additional 30-45 minutes.

This year, we will be at Labadee with just my hubby, myself, and two adult kids. We booked Amiga Island...my question has been is this the same island but they added more time to the excursion And added a bar, hammocks, seating, rustic restrooms, etc? The original excursion in 2013 was around 1 1/2 hrs whereas this time I think it is 3 to 3 1/2 hrs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The zipline is just for one ride, but before you go on the real zip line, there is a "practice" one. I have done the "Dragon's Tail" roller coaster. When I did it, you had a choice for only one ride, or unlimited. I did the unlimited. I liked it.

The one thing I do not like is the "straw market". Way too aggressive. I went through one time with my wife to see what they had to offer. I decided to go back to make purchases, and my wife refused to go with me. She prefers the building that is off to the side with multiple vendors. I haven't been back for a few years now, not by choice, the cruises we have taken have not stopped there.

Regards,

MIke.

There are lockers on Labadee. We used the ones by the zipline. I can't speak as to whether there are other locations. There was a fee (can't remember how much) that was charged to our shipboard account. Enjoy!

I have a photo on my phone from when I was there last year and the lockers are $8

We did Amiga Island last year and we loved it. Its just a small little island that takes about 15 minutes to walk all the way around, but they only allow about 20 people go per visit, so it like having your own private island with 19 of your 'closest friends' that got stranded with you from sailing on the SS Minnow.

Our group liked it so much, that we booked it again for next cruise.

The only issue that we had was, last year it wasn't very 'modern' when it came to bathrooms, there was just an outhouse - not a brand new port-a-potty, but they had just an old wood built shack. I think they were building a new structure when we were there, so I don't know if the bathroom situation has been addressed.

Also has anyone done the Labadie Traditions? I am a little leery of these culture ones for this spot as I was not too impressed with the folks trying to sell their wares aggressively to people the last time we were there.

We did the Discover Haiti Coastal Cruise in May this year (me 35, and my first time cruiser mother --let's say 60+ ;) ) it was a nice, low-key tour. No aggressive marketing, just drinks for purchase aboard. Short enough that we could do beach/lunch after. Crew were fun and informative, even with a slight malfunction. I enjoy the cultural tours vs others and this one was a positive and scenic.

• 1 month later...

How do you access the loading area for the coaster? My nephew is 19 and paraplegic. He is otherwise totally healthy. Our plan is for him to go on the coaster with another rider.

Can you access the loading zone while in a wheelchair? (a few stairs are okay...we can easily get him up those) He's very light so his dad can also sit him in the coaster.