New To Oceania - Review of Marina September 2017

ABoatNerd

This reviewis for the Marina Baltic “Viking Homelands” trip commencing in Copenhagen onSeptember 12 and ending in Amsterdam September 24, 2017.

We werefirst time Oceania customers.

Previously on RCL, Cunard and Celebrity from 1992 to 2015.

Overall,9/10 for our first Oceania experience; we are very pleased. We were in aregular veranda # 8075. We will bookagain with Oceania when circumstances permit; what Oceania offered met ourrequirements and our expectations with a few exceptions noted below.

Trust thisreview will be of interest/assistance to those on the Oceania board as well asother Cruise Critic members.

SUMMARY

Our reviewis based on Oceania marketing materials – their statement of their product. The review is based on what we experiencedversus what Oceania stated they would provide, the “O” Life Difference.

Yourassessment may be different.

Please know,we are very skeptical consumers – We believe nothing in writing and wait to seewhat actually happens. We are not loyal to any service provider and monitorexactly what product is received from cruise lines, restaurants, hotelsetc. We are “value for money” consumers –price is only one analysis component.

“The FinestCuisine At Sea” –Hard to evaluate unless you have cruised a lot on most of the lines. Will say mostof the food was very good; high quality, large and varied selection in thetheme restaurants, well prepared, good presentation. As expected of a premiumline, in Tallinn, the chef was able to get fresh sea bream and it was served inToscana. Super excellent. The breads and sweets were of the highest quality –especially the pain au chocolate which was real French pastry not bread doughlike on the mass lines. The example ofthe food that typified the quote above was the dessert lollipop – a small conewrapped in gold foil. It had a sugar cone and inside was a fresh strawberry,raspberry etc. with chocolate ganache on top and icing. This was available most lunches and dinnersin the Terrace buffet; do not see that on a mass line.

Littlethings matter. One of the things that drove us away from Celebrity was theystarted to put a fake coffee creamer on the breakfast tray (vile to say theleast). The breakfast tray on Oceania was exceptional – it was over the top.Real cream in a stainless steel container. WOW. Could not be more pleased.

Please see below under negatives regardingfood.

“A VarietyOf Distinctive Open-Seating Restaurants, all at no additional charge” – That statement is somewhatmisleading. All cruise ships have a minimum of one (1) open seating, includedin the fare, the pool deck food venue. What was different from the mass cruiselines was the open-seating Grand Dining Room with no charge. This venue wasexcellent from size, location, tables, service, fit and finish.

“Gourmetcruise created by world-renowned Master Chef Jacques Pepin” – His “every day favorites” in theGrand Dining Room were not so special frankly. The plated products we were served were mass cruise line quality. Apiece of naked salmon and green beans supplemented with your choice of sides inseparate dishes. His food in Jacques was a slightly better quality than we havehad on Celebrity. You need to try harder Oceania in this regard.

“Epicureanenrichment programs”– Yes, very well patronized on sea days. Seemed high end with very engagedchefs and enthused guests.

“Awardwinning itineraries”– Tried to find out who gave Oceania an award – nothing. Will say theiritineraries are well beyond the mass lines – Oceania does not repeat anitinerary, and they usually leave and arrive at different ports. You definitelyget more value on Oceania voyages versus the mass cruise lines when you factorin the effort and cost to fly these days. The “Viking Homelands” itinerary wasthe best of the Baltic season across all cruise lines.

“Intimate,luxurious ships catering to just 684 to 1,250 guests” – This is a big difference versusmass cruise lines. A huge advantage and worth paying for.

“Exceptionalpersonalize service”– received all that. We were in a regular veranda stateroom. Our dearstewardess put a white towel down by either side of our bed every night. Ourslippers were put there. When you undress at night, you are on this specialtowel, not the carpet. It was worth so much to have this – the little thingsmake a huge difference.

“Countryclub casual ambiance”– Delivered. I would say that with a few exceptions, guests dressed countryclub style, with significant high end golf wear.

AcclaimedCanyon Ranch Spa Club”- Did not patronize

NEGATIVES

As istypical of life, there is usually a few items that are at variance withexpectations/advertisement.

Roomnoise. Two sourcesof noise. Given the cruise line, we had expectations of acoustical quiet withthe exception of the inevitable door slamming. Not provided on Marina. First, there was constant “banging” from thestaterooms on either side. Why? Because the drawer/closet drawer closers wereso strong they pulled the drawers/closets back into place with a huge “bang”.Repeatedly over and over at all times of the day and night depending upon theschedule of our neighbours. We were awoken every morning early with “bangs”beside our head while lying in bed. We made sure to manually close all ourdrawers so there was no “banging” from our stateroom. We have to say that it was most disturbingbecause it was random and loud. This isobviously a systemic design flaw in the ship creating noise – because never hadthis before on any other ship. Second,the acoustical application in walls/ceilings seemed poor because we constantlyheard foot falls above us and TV sounds from both sides – again, neverexperienced this on other ships. Tosummarize, we were not pleased with the stateroom acoustical privacy and it isa show stopper for us regarding another booking on Marina. We assume that other guests have heard thisso really do not know if this is an issue for other guests.

Concierge. Guest Relations recommended wespeak with Concierge regarding the noise issue. We submitted a form. Received acall and had a short discussion. We were dismissed by both the employee and thesupervisor. No interest or empathy happening with this business unit.

TerraceCafé – Given this isa premium cruise line and the stated “finest cuisine at sea”, we weredisappointed at the limited range of food in this venue. Half the café had thesame food so there was much less choice than you would think. Things like only asingle style of pasta offered (not a pasta bar with multiple inputs), no“ethnic” food bar rather some nights had a theme menu given the day’s port etc.There were more limitations on choice than we thought.

GrandDining Room – Asmentioned earlier, the Jacques selections were not impressive and not incompliance with “finest cuisine at sea”. Further, some entrees like sea basspasta and fried avocado were awful and cheap and should never have beenpresented on Oceania. Other entrees were acceptable but to be frank – not generallyany better than the entrees on our last Celebrity cruise in the MDR. So Oceania,the Grand Dining Room menu was not totally in compliance with “the finestcuisine at sea”.

HIGHLIGHTS

SmallVessels – What atotal joy and privilege to be on a 66,000 ton vessel. It was manageable andsimple to enter and exit. We lacked for nothing but had everything. Were ableto see other guests and staff often. Atotal joy and we are pleased to pay for an intimate experience of a ship thissize.

Inclusiveness – This is big item for ourhousehold. Notwithstanding suites and their lounge; everyone on the shipmingled. Everyone ate in every foodvenue – there were no guests segregated in a separate dining area as is increasinglythe case on the mass cruise lines. Thisis a reason we moved from Celebrity to Oceania. We enjoy meeting everyone onthe ship over drinks and dinners. If Oceania changes this, we will remove ourpatronage. Many guests we spoke with felt the same.

Guests – The class and decorum of the guestssimply outstanding. A significant step up from Celebrity guests over the years.Gracious, knowledgeable, dressed well, not fixated on booze.

Service – No words to describe the excellentservice by the staff (except Concierge noted earlier). Every staff member weinteracted with were classy, gracious, pleasant, enthused, would look you inthe eye and many, many smiles. When aplate was done, it was gone between 10 to 30 seconds. Outstanding. The level of service and personalized servicewas simply amazing. We are more thanpleased to pay for this level and quality of service. Totally spoiled now.Compliments to all those wonderful hard working staff.

ThemedRestaurants – Simplythe best food dining arrangement we have experienced. So much better than assignedto a single dining venue and having to pay extra per the mass lines. Oceaniayou have a winning concept here. This will bring us back to Oceania. Had dinnerat 4 different themed restaurants with outstanding food and service. Were able to book additional nights beyondour base of 4, so that was excellent and efficiently handled. The food andservice was outstanding in each restaurant.

CruiseDirector – NolanDean was excellent. Professional, courteous with humour and energy. Nothingforced here, a genuine professional enjoying his job. Class from beginning toend.

High Tea – Outstanding, oh my. Blows the hightea on QM2 out of the water. Totalquality and care and class. Watching the chefs assemble the servers anddescribe each food item was outstanding. This was well attended by guests and wecan see why.

RoomAttendant – We had adelightful room stewardess and assistant who kept our room perfect. These staffwere not performing their work with the agitation and franticness that we haveexperienced on other cruise lines.

CoffeeBar and Library –Excellent layout with the coffee bar, sandwiches and sweets section thanfollowed by the library then followed by the card room – an excellent layoutwhich was highly patronized.

RECENT OCEANIA THREADS

BlandFood - We have noprevious experience with Oceania so can-not say. Will say the food tasted goodoverall considering most of it is probably previously frozen and produced in somewhatmass quantity. Found the food in Red Ginger (ate there twice), a bit bland.Asked for more spice and sure enough it tasted “alive”. We met numerous repeater guests and askedthem this question. Most said the food was of poorer quality and taste a coupleof years ago but has improved since.

COMPARISON TO MASS CRUISE LINES

Been a CC member for over 15 years and have seen and experienced much related tocruising.

Would say that Oceania isnot suitable for every cruise guest.

Oceania is not a high energy, highentertainment experience. We believe the focus is on quiet enjoyment, excellentfood and service, relationship with the sea and guest interaction. Oceania doesnot try to keep you entertained all the time and does not encourage loudactivities and behaviors. There is limited to no upselling. Oceania keeps thescale of their product at the low end with smallish ships which encouragesintimacy between guests and crew and guests. It is a fairly straightforward on boardproduct which is executed very well and with pride.

Since 2010or so, the mass cruise lines focus on product cheapening, booze, nickel anddiming, mega ships, class favoritism, “ship in a ship”, inward ship design,minimizing itinerary in favour of on board revenue generation, shorteritineraries, gimmicks like magic carpets (celebrity) and in many casesabandoning the long-time guest in favor of the millennial. This appeals to someand repels others as to be expected.

Pleased tosay, Oceania appears representative of the golden age of cruising prior to2010.

Celebrity isour previous cruise provider and the Oceania product (and guests) are simplythe previous Celebrity (and well beyond that) before Celebrity changed theirproduct. On Marina, around the pool werestaff offering flavored ices like I enjoyed on Solstice in 2013. The high teawas like I enjoyed on the Zenith in 1992 and Century in 1998. There were petitesandwiches in the Marina coffee bar like on Solstice in 2013. In the MarinaGrand Dining Room, you were able to choose your sides just like I previouslyenjoyed on Celebrity.

Regardingservice; we have considerable empathy for the staff on the mass cruise linesgiven the cutbacks and increasing complexity of the ship experience. This classand that class and that class dining only for lunch but not dinner and on andon in a complex matrix of delivery requirements. Met numerous staff on Marina who were quiteopen about leaving Celebrity, RCL and Princess in particular because it wasimpossible to do a good job given the reduced staff levels combined with increasingcomplexity and having to deal with customers who were constantly demanding moreand more and explanations on differences in class amenities. Oceania seems to have a straightforwardproduct which makes it easier for staff to deliver and guests to understand andevaluate. We appreciate that and it mustbe so much better for the staff considering their circumstance.

Fortunatelythere is considerable choice in cruise service providers, so hopefully eachconsumer can find a good fit. We believe that with the constant change in theindustry and the cruise line chase for increased profit, it is becomingnecessary to reduce brand loyalty. Hence why we moved to Oceania for now. Forthe moment, our decision analysis has been rewarded.

Thank you so much ABoatNerd for your comprehensive and detailed review. I appreciate someone pointing out both pros and cons evenly (vs. hate everything or love everything).

The only thing I will add is it's too bad we can't simply copy and paste a word document here on CC without it merging words every sentence. But, since I knew this from my own experience I knew the typo's were not your fault :)

Cheers,

John

Sorry to all for the spelling format!

Yikes. I did not know cut and paste would do that.

Had a great review and Oceania has a unique product - above the mass and just below the luxury.

Being new to Oceania, we spent a lot of time asking guests why they cruised Oceania. Albeit a small sampling, a common theme emerged; people did not want all inclusive and did not want to be forced to buy a beverage package.

Many were coming down from Crystal who had become inclusive, some coming up from Azamara who had gone inclusive. Some had considered Viking but did not want to be forced to use their excursion and the alcohol cost in.

The excellent product combined with optional choice seemed to be a winning strategy.

We were of the same philosophy. Will not purchase an all inclusive.

Thank you for your exceptional and comprehensive review. You had a lot of excellent information both pro and con. It reminded me of my experience on Oceania in 2014 and why I have three upcoming Oceania cruises after several years on Celebrity.

You have reaffirmed my decision in coming back to Oceania. Again thank you for taking the extensive time required to put together such a comprehensive opinion.

...people did not want all inclusive...

I would like to try Regent and Crystal, but feel that on an all-inclusive cruise I'd be paying for things I don't use (such as alcohol) but would be paying to supplement that use for other passengers.

Thank you for your review. We will be taking our first Oceania cruise in February and are looking forward to seeing how it differs to other cruises we have taken on RCCL, Princess and Disney. It sounds like it will be a good fit for us.

I would like to try Regent and Crystal, but feel that on an all-inclusive cruise I'd be paying for things I don't use (such as alcohol) but would be paying to supplement that use for other passengers.

I feel the same way about a lot of things on Oceania. I'm supplementing those that;

Use the pool & hot tubs

Go to the shows

Go to Tea

Use the Dance floor

Drink Clamato juice

Eat Onions on a burger

Use the library

and the list could go on and on.

I feel the same way about a lot of things on Oceania. I'm supplementing those that;

Use the pool & hot tubs

Go to the shows

Go to Tea

Use the Dance floor

Drink Clamato juice

Eat Onions on a burger

Use the library

One of the best posts that I have ever seen on this subject!

Greetings from South Beach, ABoatNerd. I loved your review. We sailed Marina in her maiden year, and I remember the banging drawers and doors. We were in PH 10022. I put something in the closet door to prevent it from closing because the light went out when it did. We loved the ship and sailed in the same PH on Riviera, and the issue had been fixed. Great read. I will look for you on threads.Thanks for the amusement.

Mary

Use the pool & hot tubs

Go to the shows

Go to Tea

Use the Dance floor

Drink Clamato juice

Eat Onions on a burger

Use the library

ORV,

I "love" you (your posts, anyway :D) but this one time I have to disagree with you :(. OTOH, I seldom agree with TC2 and this is no exception :D

All those things you mention do NOT add to the cost of the cruise but "free" (included) alcohol and excursions DO add to the cost. You know the cruise line is not giving any of it away for free. Hence, if you cruise on an inclusive line and don't use the "included" extras (like alcohol, etc), you are paying for things that others enjoy but you do not use yourself.

PS Apologies to OP for OT post.

Thank you for your excellent and balanced review.

While we do drink alcohol (although DH does come close to being a teetotaler) we choose not to take the booze packages but they really don't pay for us (especially Howard), and we don't mind presenting a card when it's time to pay the bill. But I do not want to subsidize those who do drink more with inclusive fares.

OTOH, since I do use the internet, I like that! But I get that from my gold status on O or from my TA ...

Thanks for a good review, much of which I can relate to. My wife and I sailed on the "Riviera" this past February and enjoyed it so much we've booked two more cruises---both on the "Marina."

Prior to that, most of our recent cruising had been on Holland America (8 cruises) and Silversea (3 cruises). I like both of those lines, different though they may be, but I think Oceania is, for us, the ideal cruise line. It's considerably less expensive than Silversea (although when you factor in the $60 per person "high level" drink package, which we couldn't live without, the cost difference narrows quite a bit). But it's considerably more upscale in overall ambiance from HAL, and well worth the higher cost.

Thank you for the responses to my post.

Fortunately, there are many cruise providers out there, so with a bit of an open mind, each consumer should be able to find a cruise line that fits.

In speaking with many guests, it did seem there were many who were trying Oceania for the first time - somewhat in protest to the cruise lines they previously sailed with - like my household, former Celebrity.

The backlash against the "all inclusive", "beverage package" imposition and "nickle and diming" also seemed to resonate with the people I spoke to.

It would seem that Oceania's product is unique and can attract consumers down and up from other lines.

While not perfect in delivery of what Oceania said they would provide - Oceania did a very food job.

It is my opinion that cruise lines, like other things in life, have a high rate of successful implementation when the target market has similar attributes (consistency of Oceania guests vs Celebrity guests) and the product is kept relatively simple.

Well done Oceania

ORV,

I "love" you (your posts, anyway :D) but this one time I have to disagree with you :(. OTOH, I seldom agree with TC2 and this is no exception :D

All those things you mention do NOT add to the cost of the cruise but "free" (included) alcohol and excursions DO add to the cost. You know the cruise line is not giving any of it away for free. Hence, if you cruise on an inclusive line and don't use the "included" extras (like alcohol, etc), you are paying for things that others enjoy but you do not use yourself.

PS Apologies to OP for OT post.

Thank you for your excellent and balanced review.

Thanks Paul, it's okay to not agree with me, a lot of people don't.

My point is more about Regent or any other all inclusive line as opposed to Oceania. If you choose to book them you know what is included, and the fare covers it. Whether you use it or not is immaterial. Just like Baristas on Oceania, I don't drink coffee, should I get a discount because I don't use it? No, just like drinks or excursions on the lines that offer them. If a person doesn't like their product don't buy it. I think that is why Oceania is popular with quite a few people moving downmarket. They can choose what they want.

Hopefully I got that back around to the Op's subject.

Thanks for the review. I agree with quite a bit posted, although I still have enjoyed my Celebrity cruises, and have no problem with the so called "class system". I'm generally in an OV or balcony on Celebrity and what the people in the suites get has never impacted my enjoyment.

ABoatNerd, we too are refugees from Celebrity with 190 nights accumulated on board, in the end we just could not stand the deterioration in service, food and accommodation. Our last and final cruise on Eclipse this year the balcony cabin had a 3 inch blood stain on the bed valance and the room was faded and tired looking overall. The constant sales pitch by crew (not their fault they have to do it) was relentless, photographers obstructing you leaving the ship and Spa staff interrupting your drinks at the bar, music in foyer stopped and dancing interrupted by jewellers and crew modelling some bling, speciality waiters haunting the ship trying to sell drinks and dining packages, we felt like hiding in our cabin and not coming out to avoid the onslaught. We had booked an ultimate dining package as we were unhappy with the standard of food which was going downhill, sadly the presentation from Tuscan grille was, and I dont say this lightly AWFUL, we were presented with meat no better than the main dining room (which is poor) and a pepper sauce was a small ramekin of watery and I mean unthickened in any form artificial stock with no peppers present. Needless to say we did not go back and concentrated on the other two restaurants. Unfortunately for us we had booked this cruise in advance of deciding Celebrity no more and schedule wise had to take the Oceania cruise prior to Celebrity which was extremely painful on our second leg. Needless to say, you make your own enjoyment and the best of a bad deal but unless Celebrity do something to raise their game we will not be back. Luckily Oceania gave us exactly what we looked for in a cruise, maybe not perfect, but we felt we were receiving overall quality product that our hard earned cash was paying for and provided an overall enjoyable experience.

I prefer Oceania likewise because it's not all inclusive.

#1. Being shore tours. We got burned by Viking because of the same issues I've raised with Oceania tours. Difference is, with O I can,and do, schedule my own private group tours while not also paying for tours as part of the Package. I spoken with several people that no longer do Regent because of their displeasure with the included,paid for, Regent shore tours.

Thank you to everyone for the analysis.

There seems to be 2 "themes" as it were:

1) Some long time guests leaving the mass lines due to declining product

2) Refusal to purchase "inclusive"

I am both.

First, oh my goodness tine-tine - your recent experience on the Eclipse sounds sad, really sad for a once proud and high quality cruise line which I patronized from 1992. Similar things happened to us on the Infinity in Feb 2015 and we fired Celebrity then let let alone the deterioration since then. Well consumers have to experience and evaluate on their own - obviously many long term consumers continue to love Celebrity and that is their decision.

Second, the "inclusiveness" item, pinotlover, we agree. We spoke to many guests on Marina who had considered Viking, put did not book them because of the included alcohol and shore excursions for all. We would not book them either. Similar, we will not book Azamara because of the included alcohol. Our household requires choice and when choice is not provided, the service provider is not considered. This is an emerging issue on RCL - apparently RCL would force both persons in a booking to purchase the beverage package - IF one person does. This is the sharing issue. Now it seems that everyone will have to purchase the beverage package.

I believe that Oceania has a unique product offering - that is excellent quality and provides choice on the extra items. That works for me.

Now of course we do not want tooooo many people to know about Oceania, the costs would rise.

I would still patronize Celebrity if they retained a high quality product enjoyed by all at a price just above the mass cruise line fare. Not to be at this time. All I see is deterioration of product, shrilling like at a carnival, new ships with gimmicks like a magic carpet and garden of eden and no forward observation lounge, replaced with suites. Celebrity is moving towards a different client than in the past.

Oceania is there for the consumer that wants something different.

Happy sailings!

As those of us who have fired Celebrity to join the ranks of Oceania, Azamara and other cruise lines, our cabins are being filled by the people who used to cruise Carnival and other mass market lines. Celebrity is just giving their new cruisers what that want. Lots of liquor and mass quantities of cheap cuts of meat cooked for hours in dutch ovens with lots of sauce to make them tender.

ChucktownSteve:

I am a long time admirer. I have noted your bashing on the Celebrity board. Not to worry!

Well said. I have observed many posts on the Celebrity board about "pots" in the oceanview cafe and posts about "mysterious" meat masses being delivered to the MDR and Aqua.

There is something called the "bell curve" - well the masses hundle in there! The "bell curve" explains everything in life and was the essence of my life working in marketing!

The point I am making is that the mass cruise lines USED TO OFFER GOOD PRODUCT - this product is now offered at the minimum Oceania and Azamara level.

The mass cruise line fixation on booze is very scary to be frank, it rather portends the future of the world!

Good information for a newbie. We sail O for the first time in December, upon the recommendations of several well-traveled friends, Looking forward to it!

I am so anxious to see/hear what you think...:) ..and hoping to see you on AZ or O again soon!!! LuAnn

ChucktownSteve:

I am a long time admirer. I have noted your bashing on the Celebrity board. Not to worry!

Well said. I have observed many posts on the Celebrity board about "pots" in the oceanview cafe and posts about "mysterious" meat masses being delivered to the MDR and Aqua.

There is something called the "bell curve" - well the masses hundle in there! The "bell curve" explains everything in life and was the essence of my life working in marketing!

The point I am making is that the mass cruise lines USED TO OFFER GOOD PRODUCT - this product is now offered at the minimum Oceania and Azamara level.

The mass cruise line fixation on booze is very scary to be frank, it rather portends the future of the world!

Thank you. I'm sure I don't have many admirers and even have one very disruptive XXXX. But one thing you've probably noticed about me, I'm not afraid to state my opinion either good or bad.

Having spent over four decades in media and marketing, I saw their shift early. While there are still many things that Celebrity is doing well, it finally came to the point where I needed to move on to receive the quality I enjoy while cruising. Celebrity has shifted their bell curve. I don't have a problem with that. I know they'll sail with high occupancy rates until Celebrity steps over the line and chases too many more away than they are replacing. Everyone has their own tolerance level.

Currently Oceania appears to be offering the better quality/value with Azamara close behind. The problem AZ has is their limit of cabins which keeps their pricing higher. However their bottom line is probably doing very well.

Some day I hope to sail Celebrity again. They just will probably need a new CEO at the helm for the changes to shift in the direction I prefer. Until then O, AZ and maybe a few other more premium lines will benefit.

As a side note, I just bought 2 pound porterhouse steaks for $4.99/pound...custom cut at 1 1/4" each. They grill great!

Edited by ChucktownSteve

[sNIP] This is an emerging issue on RCL - apparently RCL would force both persons in a booking to purchase the beverage package - IF one person does. This is the sharing issue. Now it seems that everyone will have to purchase the beverage package.

We don't purchase the liquor packages either (for various reasons) but I just wanted to say that it's been my perception that most, if not all, lines require BOTH parties to purchase the liquor package. At least O does give people a choice. I never understood why it should be necessary for both parties to opt for a package unless perhaps they are concerned that the person with the more expensive package (or perhaps just the package) will "share" with his or her spouse.

We were last on Viking in early 2012, on a B2B boat cruise. At the time they did give wine at meals, although even as non-expert as I am, the quality varied. There was one choice (red and/or white but the same vineyard) and one night it would be very could considering the cost (!) and the next night almost undrinkable. They were selling a liquor package for cocktails, etc., and wine outside of mealtimes, but both parties had to take the package or neither one did. This WAS before the ocean ships were launched and things may have changed.

Viking has always had the "free" ship's tours on the riverboats and in general we found them worthy of what we paid.:halo: Those free trips were always walking tours through town with (in our experience) excellent guides. On our last trip with them they also had some "fee" trips out of town which we found worth the cost.

But we were unhappy with what we considered a decline in service in general and we haven't been back. More to the point, perhaps, our TA was very unhappy with them on that trip and swore never to represent them again ... as far as I am aware, that is what has happened.

I'm willing to give Viking Ocean a try depending on the itinerary ...