FULL review of Thomson Spirit cruise

Just back from our 2 weeks in the Adriatic with The Thomson Spirit.

A Taste of the Adriatic and Venetian Vistas cruises back to back.

Great time! Great ship! Wonderful Crew! Great Ports of Call.:D

If anyone would like to read my FULL review (many pages documenting the whole 2 weeks, ports visited, life on-board comments, pros and cons, tips etc with loads and loads of pictures), then please head off to....

http://www.dysongs.net/holiday2017/ThomsonSpiritAdriaticReview2017.pdf

Good to read doing these itineraries from this thursday, was chatting to my friend who works onboard and he said you didn't get the first sail away party as the ship was late leaving and the police wouldn't allow loud noises later on, which is a shame

And Strum Jam on Dream?

Also as musicians I would have thought you would have watched this superb band more than once (only Top Men can do Bohemian Rhapsody better imo)

A fantastic review (I was on Spirit for a week in June) well written and very comprehensive it took great commitment and obviously a lot of time THANKYOU

Thanks Okavango and Vitalsign,

I didn't take any footage of Horizons this time around as we were having a great time elsewhere. So I grabbed one from Google images to suit the purpose of illustration.

We saw Strum Jam several times on the ship. As a guitarist I was blown away by both Strum Jam's guitarist sound and his talent. also they all sang. Bohemian Rhapsody was just about the best cover I've ever heard. The footage I took of them was really naff and couldn't even get a good still, so good ol' Google images provided the pic. I wish I'd been more attentive but was enjoying their music! Also most impressed by the drummer with his electronic pad which he expertly played with his hands! They are a great band! They'd do very well on our circuits in Southern England

And Strum Jam on Dream?

Also as musicians I would have thought you would have watched this superb band more than once (only Top Men can do Bohemian Rhapsody better imo)

A fantastic review (I was on Spirit for a week in June) well written and very comprehensive it took great commitment and obviously a lot of time THANKYOU

I hadn't seen the Strum Jam one.

Dont know if you have aleady heard Strum Jam are back to spirit next year, another good year on the cards.

Agree with you about B/R ,i have them both on disc and top men definately had the edge back in the days of joseph and co.

I hadn't seen the Strum Jam one.

Dont know if you have aleady heard Strum Jam are back to spirit next year, another good year on the cards.

Agree with you about B/R ,i have them both on disc and top men definately had the edge back in the days of joseph and co.

good to hear strum jam are back next year, i know last year they wanted the spirits last season, dysongs the guitarist in raffles is barclay beales he was showteam last year, and was in a band from the x factor show too- stereo kicks

Hi NannyAnnie,

Thank you.

Nothing is impossible! You should do it!

Probably the best way to go about it would be to book Thomson (Marella) excursions. I know they are pretty expensive for what they are, but you would see an awful lot of the countries you visit by using them.

Thomson (sorry old habits are hard to break!) would have the responsibility of a 'duty of care' and I think this was demonstrated on our cruise by the way that people with disabilities were considered eg - on the Venice excursions, although there are many bridges over the canals as you make your way thru the city and most of these have steps, you were asked to contact Destination Services if there was a difficulty and they could provide a route around without steps. A small indication I know, but why don't you ask your travel agent???

Thank you Dysongs for your information. Think we may now consider doing this. My husband does have a small mobility scooter and is also ok with a few steps. Also love Spirit so will try an take the plunge. Do you no if they are doing the same itinery next year.