Tendering in Kona- POA

Casey2

We will be on the POA in April. I booked MaryLou's Kona tour and have to meet at 8:30 AM.

How does tendering in Kona work? Is it first come first serve or do we obtain tickets in advance and if so how and when do we get them? I understand that ship's tours and suites tender first. I am concerned that we will not be able to make the 8:30 meet up time.

We will be on the POA in April. I booked MaryLou's Kona tour and have to meet at 8:30 AM.

How does tendering in Kona work? Is it first come first serve or do we obtain tickets in advance and if so how and when do we get them? I understand that ship's tours and suites tender first. I am concerned that we will not be able to make the 8:30 meet up time.

We have met Mary Lou's tour from the POA with no difficulty, but I'd make sure they have your cell number. But don't worry, I'm sure they will wait.

You will need a tender ticket, and they get handed out first come. Read your Freestyle Daily the evening before Kona. It will tell you where to line up for tickets the following morning and what time they will start. The location will probably be in the midship area, probably one of the bars.

When we have had an early private tour, we make sure we are within eyeshot of the line up area well before the indicated start of the handout process. When a line starts to form, we get in it. The first xxx number in line gets tender #1 etc. They will announce tender numbers on the overhead speakers one by one. When your number is called, you can proceed to the tender area. They usually start running very soon after 7:00 am.

We have been ashore at 7:30 or before. Several tenders will be running so it's a quick process.

My guess only, but I doubt many ship tours leave the ship on the first few tenders. They will go based on tour time, and of course will go to the front of the line. Likewise, not everyone in a suite wants off the ship at the same time, depending on plans. The Concierge will walk small groups off a few at a time on demand.

I would also ask Mary Lou's if they will wait if your tender will arrive late. Since they do this all the time, if they don't wait they may have a place where you meet up with them. That would really put your mind at ease along with punkincc's suggestions. Have a great time. Cherie

I would also ask Mary Lou's if they will wait if your tender will arrive late. Since they do this all the time, if they don't wait they may have a place where you meet up with them. That would really put your mind at ease along with punkincc's suggestions. Have a great time. Cherie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone had priority tendering that is offered as a suite perk? We will be in the DOS suite. If so, can you explain how it works?

You meet the concierge outside of Carney’s when you want to go ashore. He will walk you down and take you to the front of the line where they are boarding, you will then board that tender. That is how it worked for us in August.

You don’t need any tickets or anything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You meet the concierge outside of Carney’s when you want to go ashore. He will walk you down and take you to the front of the line where they are boarding, you will then board that tender. That is how it worked for us in August.

You don’t need any tickets or anything.

Fat fingers, meant Cagney’s. In the Napa Wine Bar area.