Captain's Cocktail Party?

GeorgesGal

Can anyone tell me on what night the Captain's cocktail party is usually scheduled? If memory serves me, I believe it is normally held on the first sea day. :confused:

I've put together a dinner at Privee and want to be sure our date won't conflict with the Captain's festivities.

Thanks for your input!

Donna

As far as I know it is the evening after the first evening on the cruise - which depending on the cruise might or might not be a sea day. BUT if your cruise spends the first night in port (our cruise next month does this in Venice) then the Captain' s cocktail should be the day after you sail.

As far as I know it is the evening after the first evening on the cruise - which depending on the cruise might or might not be a sea day. BUT if your cruise spends the first night in port (our cruise next month does this in Venice) then the Captain' s cocktail should be the day after you sail.

Greetings from South Beach. Why not just call your TA or Oceania and ask when the Captain's party will be? It is not a spontaneous event. Enjoy it, whenever it is.

Mary

Not sure which party you're referring to. On our last several cruises we've had 70-86% of the cruisers being repeat customers, and O has held Captain parties on three separate nights to accommodate them all. You are invited to one of them, not all three.

If I had a perceived conflict, I would talk to guest services,upon boarding, and I'm sure your schedule will be accommodated.

Not sure which party you're referring to. On our last several cruises we've had 70-86% of the cruisers being repeat customers, and O has held Captain parties on three separate nights to accommodate them all. You are invited to one of them, not all three.

You might be confusing the Captains party which everyone is invited to with with the Past guest party which is usually by invitation

Your right Lyn got them confused ,thanks. Bad thing about being bib is all the drinks are paid for, so the free coattails parties, and 2 for 1 Happy Hours, lose part of the specialness.

That's why I generally don't get the drink package, or upgrade it until day 3. I can wait till 6 or so for 3 hours of free drinks. Of course I'm usually good with a couple once the Captain's Celebration starts then off to dinner.

Thank you all for your responses. I had spoken with O and was told it would be the night of our second day which is a port day. But just in case things change, I booked Privee for 19 January. And since we have five sea days prior to our second port, Easter Island, we certainly have lots of 'wiggle room' if we want to change the date (I'm the only one so far who has reserved Privee).

But OTOH, that gives us lots of evenings to book specialties!

Thank you all for your responses. I had spoken with O and was told it would be the night of our second day which is a port day. But just in case things change' date=' I booked Privee for 19 January. And since we have five sea days prior to our second port, Easter Island, we certainly have lots of 'wiggle room' if we want to change the date (I'm the only one so far who has reserved Privee).

But OTOH, that gives us lots of evenings to book specialties![/quote']

I think you'll enjoy an evening in Privee a lot more than the cocktail party (just to many people wanting a free drink).

I seem to recall the Captain's Party starts about 5:45 pm

Dining venues usually do not open until 6:30pm

If you want to meet the Captain or get a free drink you still have time

Personal choice

For the event, they likewise have the free drinks at Martinis and the other bars. Fighting the crowd in Horizons is crazy unless meeting the Captain is of huge importance to you. Last cruise, the Captain didn’t show up for the Reception. He sent the second team.

I was thinking of the others for the cocktail party, since M and I don't always attend. But since we have five sea days in a row, it's nice to have something special planned to break things up a bit.

I know we will have a grand time in Privee; on our TA this past April I planned one, and on the next leg of the b2b another cruiser (who was also on the TA) planned one which we were invited to. They were two of the best dinners and most congenial dining partners we have experienced in our 30 years of cruising! The company means everything :D