Classy way to start a cruise

Go-Bucks!

My friend and I are about 8 weeks away from our first Oceania cruise; just received the Important Documents folder. Both of us were so impressed! This is how cruise lines were doing things 30 yrs ago when we started cruising. We've gotten used to having to print out our boarding info and luggage tags. If the actual cruise is this classy, we may be spoiled forever! :hearteyes:

My friend and I are about 8 weeks away from our first Oceania cruise; just received the Important Documents folder. Both of us were so impressed! This is how cruise lines were doing things 30 yrs ago when we started cruising. We've gotten used to having to print out our boarding info and luggage tags. If the actual cruise is this classy, we may be spoiled forever! :hearteyes:

Prepare yourselves for a wonderful adventure. Enjoy your cruise

Booked a month before the cruise. Leave on Tuesday. Got nothing. Very disappointed

Since I'm a newbie to O, I can't address why you didn't get the folder but we booked last February - 10 months before the cruise. Maybe the more experienced O cruisers might know.

Booked a month before the cruise. Leave on Tuesday. Got nothing. Very disappointed.

Did you use a TA ?

Contact them & see if they got the Blue book some do & do not pass it along to their clients

Or could be those booking close to the sailing do not get it ??? Maybe someone will comment

You should have gotten a FINAL CRUISE SUMMARY via email about 3 wks out with your info

I would take that with you as some ports want to see proof you are on that cruise ... JME

You can get luggage tags at the dock from the porters when you turn your bags over to them

enjoy the cruise

We received a 3 page email with minimal information. Nothing more than info we already had.

One of the shore excursions we booked was missing.

There was nothing about how to contact us in an emergency, something I want to leave for DS.

IMHO, Oceania needs to have a system for people who don't book months in advance .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I think the OP is referring to a fancier version of the blue book. Our friends traveling with us got a fancy version.

Yes, we got a high quality blue folder containing lots of info about our cruise and our luggage tags. Cruise lines used to send similar folders long ago so that's what surprised us. Very classy. So, everyone doesn't get one??

I think the OP is referring to a fancier version of the blue book. Our friends traveling with us got a fancy version.

Just curious

What was the difference?

What cabin cat are you both in ?

I have never booked higher than an A & they have been the same book

Last few years they are different than the early years which included the Captain & top staff that will be on your sailing & a few other thing related to your personal booking

My first thought was you were talking about how your emergency contacts can be reached, which would be in your registry information. If you haven't filled out that form yet you should do so right away -- go to oceaniacruises.com and you will find the form under MY ACCOUNT. And if you haven't registered at the website, you should do that as well.

My second thought was that you wanted information as to how DS could contact Oceania in case of emergency. I don't recall ever seeing that in the blue book, but then I've never looked for it!

If you booked directly with Oceania, then I'd suggest you leave the 800 number with DS. Another option would be through email to Oceania. But this is also a time when a TA comes in handy! That's one reason why we always book through our TA.

Good luck. I'm sure you didn't get the book precisely because you booked so shortly before the cruise.

When you board the ship you should find cards indicating the excursions you have selected as well as any other "bonus" points you may be eligible for. Since you say the email omitted one of your excursions, in your place I would carefully go through the information you find in your room to make sure everything is as it should be.

There was nothing about how to contact us in an emergency, something I want to leave for DS.

IMHO, Oceania needs to have a system for people who don't book months in advance .

Can your TA not get that info for you?

Yes, we got a high quality blue folder containing lots of info about our cruise and our luggage tags. Cruise lines used to send similar folders long ago so that's what surprised us. Very classy. So, everyone doesn't get one??

I've always received one, but I've always booked a few months out or more.

I don't understand why Andee hasn't received their final vacation summary.

I've never seen more than one version of the folder. Is there a non fancy one? Personally I've never felt it was anything super special. But it does beat having to print out your own stuff.

On Jan 20, DH had a cardiac arrest in the gondola at Keystone ski resort and another one on the cardiac cath table later that day.

His course has been extremely difficult and he continues to struggle with multiple complications.

Because of that, I couldn't book far in advance.

Maybe those that book late don't ???

I have not booked last minute so always get one

( I think we did miss one for one leg of of a B2B once)

Some TA's don't forward them on or have them sent directly to their client

My TA has it sent to us from O

JMO

They used to come in a nice leather folder all the documents then it changed to a faux leather brown folder ..then the booklet

some higher cabin Cat got nicer ones

Some people got the booklets but just dismissed it as another brochure & did not see the luggage tags in the back

I am just happy that I do not have to print off my own tags etc & do an art class to figure out how to attach them to the suitcases:halo:

JMO

When I told her about the missing shore excursion, our TA forwarded me an "invoice" from O that listed them all.

I have filled in all the registration forms; I want DS to know how to contact us in an emergency.

not the same as getting it in a blue book but here you go

How can I be reached while on board the ship?

Guests can be contacted while sailing on board by calling 1-866-242-7447 (or 732-335-3277 outside of the US). The caller must have the following ready: Credit Card (AX, Visa, MC, Diner’s Club and Discover/Novus are accepted), ship name, guest name and stateroom number. Calls are charged $6.95/minute. (Additional charges apply outside of the United States)

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

I've always received one, but I've always booked a few months out or more.

I don't understand why Andee hasn't received their final vacation summary.

I've never seen more than one version of the folder. Is there a non fancy one? Personally I've never felt it was anything super special. But it does beat having to print out your own stuff.

Orv only one Blue Book printed..

Jancruz1