What's involved with Bon Appetit Wine package on my booking?

susiesan

My Riviera cruise Oct. 25 booking includes something called Bon Appetit wine package. I am supposed to get a wine tasting , bottle of wine, and $200 ship credit. This shows on the receipt from my TA but not on the ticket or booking summary or on my online account.

Anyone ever had this before? When is the wine tasting held? Our first day at sea is not until day 7. Is this a real thing?

My Riviera cruise Oct. 25 booking includes something called Bon Appetit wine package. I am supposed to get a wine tasting , bottle of wine, and $200 ship credit. This shows on the receipt from my TA but not on the ticket or booking summary or on my online account.

Anyone ever had this before? When is the wine tasting held? Our first day at sea is not until day 7. Is this a real thing?

Sounds like something from your TA or if you used AMEX maybe a perk

Did you ask them?

It is in the receipt from your TA because it is additional amenity from your TA. A little surprised your TA or their documentation did not explain that as they should be taking credit for the benefit they are giving you.

Is the staff on the ship going to have a record of this? Will they know I get a free bottle of wine, $200 OBC, and a wine tasting? Do I have to go to the desk and ask about this amenity or will it be in my record. There is nothing about it on the email ticket for the cruise and I received nothing printed in the mail.

We went on a cruise with O in 2012 that if memory serves was a Bon Appetit wine program cruise *if* you signed up with a particular TA.

Sounds like you may be using a TA who is handling a Bon Appetit program, and you may not have been aware? I would call your TA, they will have the schedule of events and any other details you may be missing.

Yes. That is what I was suggesting yesterday but seems susiesan has not done that.

As LTH28 wrote in your stateroom there will be cards, and acknowledgment of receipt for each of the benefits provided. Your room attendant might bring them to you.

Our package included the wine tasting and then we were able to select a bottle from the tasting list. We received a notice that we would be invited and then later in the cruise received an invitation for a day at sea. The OBC was always on our invoice and was confirmed by guest services upon embarkation.

I don't know but you can certainly try. On the Equinox, the head sommelier ran the tasting so if you find him, you should ask him. They are usually pretty accommodating.

Yes, but the Equinox is Celebrity. Is that the one you did your tasting on?

Perhaps the Cellar Master runs it on Oceania also.