Is Daniel still on the dream.

ellasmomanddad

Hello i am curious if anyone has had Daniel as a beverage server on the dream recently. He was our server last year and he was excellent but looking to move up the chain. He was a young guy had braces last year and from Brazil. I would book my trip depending on his schedule and ship if anybody has any idea. Im sure it wasn't just me he left an impression on.

You sound like a stalker! There are many, many, many great servers on all of the ships. To actually book a cruise solely based on a particular server is a little odd.

Not that i have found, a good one is hard to come by. I havent found that service from anybody else on any other line either. To book a cruise for good service i don't find odd at all especially after bad service, i find my post more desperate for good service which i haven't had since leaving the dream last april. Dcl offers the same things on every ship so i would rather be a stalker with good service then silent without.

My family and I have sailed on Carnival, RCI and Disney a couple of times. All of the servers were at least very good and a few were excellent. I have high expectations for service and have no problem talking to both the server & manger if service is sub-par as my wife can attest to on many occasions. You must have just been unlucky on your cruises which is very unfortunate. Cruises are my favorite way to vacation primary because I have almost always experienced very good service. I will say that Disney service stands out as superior overall compared to the other lines my family has sailed.

Good luck in your hunt for Daniel. My main point is in my experience you are more likely to get a very good server with Disney regardless of his or her name.

We had a favorite server for many years and requested him for each of our cruises. Since he left the world of cruising, we've had others who are excellent and a few who weren't, but our original favorite still holds a special place in our hearts. Likewise, we have a favorite Palo server; again, we always put in a request. No, we don't book our cruises around the availability of our favorites, but we do appreciate the difference between "very good" and "absolutely excellent."

We had a favorite server for many years and requested him for each of our cruises. Since he left the world of cruising' date=' we've had others who are excellent and a few who weren't, but our original favorite still holds a special place in our hearts. Likewise, we have a favorite Palo server; again, we always put in a request. No, [b']we don't book our cruises around the availability of our favorites[/b], but we do appreciate the difference between "very good" and "absolutely excellent."

I think you hit the nail on the head with that and why merely requesting a server is fine, but planning your cruise around one server - who you might not get anyway - does seem stalkerish.

The only server I've had on DCL who I did not feel was excellent was my head server on my most recent trip on the Magic in February (Dan). All the others have been wonderful. (Likewise, I had great servers on my 2 RCCL cruises. The servers I had on HAL, on the other hand, were a large piece of the puzzle as to why I will never cruise that line again.)