I need 2 Points!

Richjoxyz

After my upcoming cruise I will have 78 points. Is there anything I can do (or buy) on my cruise to give me 2 additional points? I would like to be Diamond for my Europe cruise next year.

Sail solo or sail in a suite.

We are already in a suite...and I don't think my wife will be to happy about staying home so I can sail solo!

Put your wife in the least expensive inside. You get 3 points per night. She still stays in the suite with you, but on the books she is in the inside.

Edited by Host Clarea

If you turn diamond on your European cruise the loyalty ambassador on board will give you the diamond status and perk for that sailing, unless they have changed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe this is policy. Might happen on an individual basis. Here is the official policy from Royal Caribbean's Website:

"Points are not recorded or applied until after you complete your sailing. For example, if you are graduating from Gold to Platinum tier level on your current sailing, you will not receive Platinum level benefits until your next sailing."

If you turn diamond on your European cruise the loyalty ambassador on board will give you the diamond status and perk for that sailing, unless they have changed that.

That would be very unusual.

The only tier change that is recognized mid-cruise is when one attains Pinnacle. The rest are effective with the next cruise, which has always been the case in our experience.

After my upcoming cruise I will have 78 points. Is there anything I can do (or buy) on my cruise to give me 2 additional points? I would like to be Diamond for my Europe cruise next year.

Sounds frustrating, being so close. Wish we were 2 points away.

I am in a similar situation. Next cruise will put me 3 points shy of Emerald. One (booked) after that, will put me 3 points shy of Diamond.

I need a 11 night cruise solo, CHEAP. :D

Come and join us on Serenade on the 4th of December! :D

That one will put us 3 points shy of Diamond... I feel a 3-day Indy coming on in May! :evilsmile:

Sail solo or sail in a suite.

Question: If you book a suite, sailing solo, do you get 2 points per night or 4, seeing that a suite is already double points? I am confused on this. Also, will the wife only get the points (2 per night, what they would get anyway without changing a thing) from the solo inside, being that she is not booked in the suite? It doesn't seem like she will personally make Diamond this way, but he will. I just need clarification. We are looking at something similar.

Question: If you book a suite, sailing solo, do you get 2 points per night or 4, seeing that a suite is already double points? I am confused on this. Also, will the wife only get the points (2 per night, what they would get anyway without changing a thing) from the solo inside, being that she is not booked in the suite? It doesn't seem like she will personally make Diamond this way, but he will. I just need clarification.

3 points per night solo in a suite. Yes, the wife will only get two points for the inside solo but have the partner status.

We tried that but it did not work for us when we "earned" Diamond the 2nd night of a cruise. We had to wait until we finished that cruise and were on the next one in order to enjoy the diamond perks. That is the standard policy.

Probably does not affect your situation ,but something to think about. My wife and I were 2 points from Diamond, she had cruised on Royal about 1980 before we were married. We called Royal and they would award the points if we could prove she cruised. All we could find was a picture of her standing in front of the ship. They said that was acceptable so we scanned the photo and sent it in. After a couple of calls they back tracked a bit, finally a supervisor said he could award us 3 points immediately if we would find that acceptable.

Just food for thought.