Deluxe beverage package BOGO question

My March cruise currently has a promo for the deluxe package- buy one get one 50% off. I'd like to take advantage of that BUT we have two adjoining rooms as we are traveling with our three teens. "technically" I am in one room and DH is in the other room. So is there any way to do this?

My March cruise currently has a promo for the deluxe package- buy one get one 50% off. I'd like to take advantage of that BUT we have two adjoining rooms as we are traveling with our three teens. "technically" I am in one room and DH is in the other room. So is there any way to do this?

Move the teens to their own room. This is allowed, but only if you call. Then you can take advantage of the sale.

I booked the BOGO deluxe package, but ended up cancelling. Deluxe is $43 a day on Anthem, so I made the assumption the second package would be half of that. When i called about the price discrepancy from the website and my assumption, they told me that each package was getting 25% off the normal price, so that's how they get 50% off based on the logic that 25% is being applied twice. They did say it's in the terms and conditions and the customer rep was right. During the order, there's red lettering stating what you are paying per person. Another thread mentioned that the promo may not also apply to all cruises, even though it shows up in Cruise Planner.

I booked the BOGO deluxe package, but ended up cancelling. Deluxe is $43 a day on Anthem, so I made the assumption the second package would be half of that. When i called about the price discrepancy from the website and my assumption, they told me that each package was getting 25% off the normal price, so that's how they get 50% off based on the logic that 25% is being applied twice. They did say it's in the terms and conditions and the customer rep was right. During the order, there's red lettering stating what you are paying per person. Another thread mentioned that the promo may not also apply to all cruises, even though it shows up in Cruise Planner.

Ok, that’s good to know. I also assumed it would be half off the $43 therefore the second person would be $21.50. I guess it’s not that great of a deal. I drink so little that it won’t be worth it at all. At 21.50, yes! But at $40.50 each, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really irks me when something is advertised as BOGO, which means buy one, get one free, and it really isn't. RC does this all the time, but they are not the only guilty party by far.

It should be BOGOHO.

Anyway, RC advertises their fare sales the same way. They advertise a 50% off sale, but if you check the fine print, the advertised price reflects price per person with discount applied. Most people wouldn't read it like that, so it seems like misleading advertising to me.

There, I feel better now.

Ok, that’s good to know. I also assumed it would be half off the $43 therefore the second person would be $21.50. I guess it’s not that great of a deal. I drink so little that it won’t be worth it at all. At 21.50, yes! But at $40.50 each, no.

That’s probably my fault. I typed BOGO only because it was easier to type than BOGOHO! The website DOES say buy one get one 50% off. However, when the price is $43, I incorrectly assumed the 2nd person would receive half off $43- or $21.50. But reading this other post, it is really only 25% off regular price on each!!

That’s probably my fault. I typed BOGO only because it was easier to type than BOGOHO! The website DOES say buy one get one 50% off. However, when the price is $43, I incorrectly assumed the 2nd person would receive half off $43- or $21.50. But reading this other post, it is really only 25% off regular price on each!!

Doesn't it work out to pretty much the same total for you and your husband though? What am i missing? 25% off of 43 is 32.25. Two packages at that rate comes to a total of 64.50 per day.

Or 50% off of 43 is 21.50. So one full price package plus one half off comes to 64.50 per day

What am I missing?

Doesn't it work out to pretty much the same total for you and your husband though? What am i missing? 25% off of 43 is 32.25. Two packages at that rate comes to a total of 64.50 per day.

Or 50% off of 43 is 21.50. So one full price package plus one half off comes to 64.50 per day

What am I missing?

Read sikegrad’s post above. It is actually 25% off regular price on each package. The $43 is not regular price if I understand correctly

What am I missing?

That’s what I thought! I thought I was being thick.

Read sikegrad’s post above. It is actually 25% off regular price on each package. The $43 is not regular price if I understand correctly

Thanks---I had read the post but wasn't understanding where the "40.50" figure came from---thanks for clarifying that the 43 is not the regular price from which a discount is then figured. There is what I am missing so far as the price being higher than the OP expected!

Though it would be the same issue then whether it is 25% off of the normal price for each or 50% off of the normal price for one and the full normal price for the other---so why THAT part of the equation is an issue still confuses me. I must be particulary dense tonight.

Your logic is exactly right. The problem is just as the previous poster said- it is half off REGULAR price on the drink package. I tried it on a January cruise in my planner. Package is advertised at $41 and half off second package. My assumption would be :

$41- package 1

$20.50 package 2

total =$61.50 X 9 nights =$553.50 (plus grats)

or

$41 less 25% =30.75 X2 =$61.50 X9 nights =$553.50 (plus grats)

HOWEVER, when you actually put it in the cart, it shows $369 per person (plus $132 grats) with a total of $870.84.

Your logic is exactly right. The problem is just as the previous poster said- it is half off REGULAR price on the drink package. I tried it on a January cruise in my planner. Package is advertised at $41 and half off second package. My assumption would be :

$41- package 1

$20.50 package 2

or

HOWEVER, when you actually put it in the cart, it shows $369 per person (plus $132 grats) with a total of $870.84.

That is misleading--so essentially 41$ per night per person IS the sale price.It should be advertisded as $41 per person IF you buy the BOGOHO package----rather than as $41 AND BOGOHO: I can totally understand having read that as you did.

That is misleading--so essentially 41$ per night per person IS the sale price.It should be advertisded as $41 per person IF you buy the BOGOHO package----rather than as $41 AND BOGOHO: I can totally understand having read that as you did.

Exactly!! I’m glad someone pointed this out to me before I called to switch all the rooms around!

What am I missing?

The package is usually somewhere around $55 a day. Here's Royal's math: add $27.50 (50% off second) = $82.50 and divide by 2 (average per person) $41.25 then add gratuities. The actual starting price may vary but this should give you an idea how they do it. They use the same math for their cabins on a BOGOHO.

$41- package 1

$20.50 package 2

or

You beat me to it.

If you dont drink much and your husband would benefit from the drink package, it would be better if he was listed as in a separate room from you as long as none of your children are over 21. Everyone in the room over 21 has to purchase the package but your husband could just get it for himself and you wouldnt have to get it for yourself if you're not in his room. Dont know what it would be for one person but that might be an option for you.

If you dont drink much and your husband would benefit from the drink package, it would be better if he was listed as in a separate room from you as long as none of your children are over 21. Everyone in the room over 21 has to purchase the package but your husband could just get it for himself and you wouldnt have to get it for yourself if you're not in his room. Dont know what it would be for one person but that might be an option for you.

That’s exactly what I did!! Left the rooms the way they were with one of us in each! The good thing is that I was still able to get his at $43/day.

That’s exactly what I did!! Left the rooms the way they were with one of us in each! The good thing is that I was still able to get his at $43/day.

That's great! Just not worth it for us to buy 2 packages even with the sale. I know I would drink more if I had it ;p but we are not real big drinkers either and I am fine with the tea and lemonade they have and just having a drink or two in the evening. I like the being able to bring 2 bottles of wine on board to drink on our balcony a couple of evenings too.

The BOGOHO requires both passengers in the stateroom get the package. I believe on our last trip we just purchased one package, (DW doesn't drink enough to make 2 worthwhile). If we do this again will it be the same price as the offer for 2?

Assuming we can purchase a single package on-board, is the full price single package equal to the offer for 2. (the math is getting confusing!!)

Edited by 5milesfromtheocean
unclear wording

The BOGOHO requires both passengers in the stateroom get the package. I believe on our last trip we just purchased one package, (DW doesn't drink enough to make 2 worthwhile). If we do this again will it be the same price as the offer for 2?

Assuming we can purchase a single package on-board, is the full price single package equal to the offer for 2. (the math is getting confusing!!)

Ok, the full price of the package is around $55 pp. it varies by cruise but mine was advertised at $43/day pp. it also had a banner across it advertising BOGOHO. I incorrectly thought it would be half off the $43. It is actually half off regular price. So, the $43/day pp is actually the sale price. If you are both in the same stateroom, you both must buy it. I was able to buy just one because i have two staterooms with DH in one and myself in another

Must add my 2 cents worth here. On my cruises (B2B) both had drinking packages at $50.74 ( this price appeared after RC announced both people in a stateroom had to take the package if one did). It was not posted as a sale price. The came the BOGO1/2 off...but the price didn't change. Yes I know that it clearly said the price shown reflects the discount.

However!!! IMO this is dishonest, very deceptive, and unacceptable. If they put the price up ( and all the math has been done above) then the statement would be true. But they did not. One day the full price is $50.74 and the next the BOGO 1/2 off is the same price...I am determined not to let this spoil my fun time or positive attitude. But I am seeking further explanation from RC. In a retail store this would be against the law.. thanks for allowing the vent..