Dirty dishes question

CCC3

So...currently on Liberty, and I have a question regarding dirty dishes, cups, beer bottles, etc. (Please don’t flame me!) What do you do with your dirty dishes after eating/drinking in your room? I don’t think I have ever seen so many cups, room service plates, pizza plates, and beer/water bottles lining the hallway! Would we be the only ones who leave ours on the counter for the room steward to clear? Just curious. We’ve seen things in the hallways occasionally, but this time it is 24/7!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We leave ours in the room for the steward. Or you can call room service to come and collect them. There is no need to create a hazard in the hallway.

There appear to be a lot of children on this section of deck, and we’ve seen at least one kid run, and almost knock into glassware. Calling room service to come collect the dirty dishes seems the most logical & reasonable.

We see it on land & on cruises - Not a fan!!

We do too. We just put ours in a pile on the table, and let housekeeping take them. I was just curious, what the majority of people do.

Not sure what you are asking. I only call room service to pick up dirty dishes that are in our stateroom.

I was asking if I called Room Service to collect the dishes in the hallway, would I be charged.

One way to tell who inexperienced travelers are is by whether they know to put their dirty dishes outside their door for others to have to see but hopefully not stumble over.

One way to tell who inexperienced travelers are is by whether they know to put their dirty dishes outside their door for others to have to see but hopefully not stumble over.

And you know that for a fact or an assumption.:rolleyes:

On our last cruise, we were pretty sure the stateroom down the hall was occupied by passengers who never left their room, just ordered room service. Multiple trays per day, stacked with dishes. All lined up in the hallway around the clock.

We keep our tray and dishes in the room and ask the steward to clear, unless we call room service to collect them.

I normally will leave mine in cabin, but there have been occasions when I come back to cabin to find them in hallway, put there by room steward. The cruise lines have different rules, I wouldn't get to upset if you see them in the hall. That may be what they were told to do.

If there is concern, call room service and ask where they should be left. They may say cabin, hallway, or they may send somebody to pick up. I have seen food service group coming down the hallways with carts to pick up. If they are piling up in the hallway, a quick call should get somebody up there to gather them up.