Planning My First Cruise: Packing Cubes Big W vs. Kmart

ChuckL88

Hi guys

I am looking into buying a set of packing cubes for my first cruise, I have seen that both Big W and Kmart stock them at varying price points.

I am wondering if anyone has brought them and if they could give me a little insight into them.

Thanks in advance

Have used packing cubes for years. Just a word of warning....we have Kathmandu cubes, a bit pricey but bought on sale. We also bought kmart ones which were well priced but had to get rid of them because of the smell. Hard to explain but they smelt awful. Not sure about big w. Good luck.

When I used to work at big w last year we had heaps of cruise folk buy the big w cubes. I’ve never use them my self as I just roll my clothes but the must be good...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the vote of confidence Rina, I was leaning towards Big W

Have used packing cubes for years. Just a word of warning....we have Kathmandu cubes, a bit pricey but bought on sale. We also bought kmart ones which were well priced but had to get rid of them because of the smell. Hard to explain but they smelt awful. Not sure about big w. Good luck.

Hey Maxx

The Kathmandu packing cubes do look good, but I am looking a for a cheaper set to start off with see how they work for me. The Kmart ones were more as a back up if I needed more, don't trust that they will be that great quality at such a cheap price.

Ive bought cheap eBay and ikea ones and they’ve all lasted several overseas trips that involve moving from place to place and therefore a lot more packing and unpacking than a cruise. Depends on how much you’re willing to spend but I’ve had no problem with those cheapies. They’ve done 3 Europe trips of about a month each

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ive bought cheap eBay and ikea ones and they’ve all lasted several overseas trips that involve moving from place to place and therefore a lot more packing and unpacking than a cruise. Depends on how much you’re willing to spend but I’ve had no problem with those cheapies. They’ve done 3 Europe trips of about a month each

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Jess, I was considering buying the Kmart set when I was there on Tuesday but talked myself out of it still in my mind to try them and you are making that thought stronger now