Beverage Packages not available on upcoming Princess Australian cruise

It appears that beverage packages (i.e., bottled water, canned soda, beer and coffee) are not available on my upcoming October Princess cruise to Australia and New Zealand.

From the Princess website: "Package is not currently offered on Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.".

Does anyone know why?

It appears that beverage packages (i.e., bottled water, canned soda, beer and coffee) are not available on my upcoming October Princess cruise to Australia and New Zealand.

From the Princess website: "Package is not currently offered on Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.".

Does anyone know why?

They don’t offer the bottled water or canned Soda package on Australian cruises, never have.

There has been a problem with pricing on the Soda and More and All Inclusive since time immemorial so they stopped pre selling those but are available once you board.

Does anyone know why?

UPDATE: According to a Princess Cruises rep with whom I spoke on the phone, beverage packages will be available to order once on board. Maybe Princess should indicate this on their website so as to not leave passengers wondering?

Apparently, beverage packages are not available for pre-cruise purchase because Australian cruises deal in Australian currency.

Thanks - Happy to find this out now. We were looking at putting a bunch of B2Bs together for a south pacific adventure. Princess are now off the list and we'll concentrate on Solstice.

They may actually have them for US /Canadian citizens just not for Aussies (through Aussie TAs). However, I do like the Solstice, it is my fav ship so perhaps that would be best anyway.:D

• 2 weeks later...
They may actually have them for US /Canadian citizens just not for Aussies (through Aussie TAs).:D

I'm in Canada. Booked Majestic Princess for Feb/2020. There are no drink packages offered on-line, but wine-750ml and liquor-375ml can be ordered now. There was a Sip n Sail promo that ended 2 weeks ago and replaced with 3 for free - $200 per person OBC, paid gratuities (booked in North America) and minor upgrade within category to category. The price dropped approximately $1,500 Can. from one promo to the next on the balcony.

MicCanberra I think maybe you just have to book way out. In August2017 I booked February 2019 Oz-NZ 12-day under Sip n Sail. Summer 2018 Sip n Sail - No. so I guess a lot to be said for booking so far out. First time I've done this very early booking. In the interim cabin cost and EZ Air prices have escalated. Got lucky this time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They don’t offer the bottled water or canned Soda package on Australian cruises, never have.

There has been a problem with pricing on the Soda and More and All Inclusive since time immemorial so they stopped pre selling those but are available once you board.

When I sailed the Golden Princess in 2016, I found IIRC, 6 cans for the price of 5 were available from Room Service, think AUD$11.50 from memory. I'm planning to get this on the Ruby in 2020, the 3-night round trip out of Sydney. HTH.