Packing Cubes

ChuckL88

Yeah exactly this.

It also helps to keep everyone's clothes organised. I can pull out a packing cell and know - ok this one is Miss 10's shirts and undies, and THIS one is Miss 5's shirts and undies. You don't end up digging in every pocket of every bag looking for one person's socks, or mixing clothes up etc. If you're travelling solo or just with a spouse maybe it's not such a big deal, but I find that travelling with 4 people, it's a real timesaver.

I also use them to pack handy stuff, like chargers, torch, camera memory cards etc will go in one. Then laundry supplies and travel mugs/plates etc go in another.

Thanks again Los

I was also thinking about using some small ones for electronics and also one as a first aid kit

My mum hasn't used them but was asking me questions about mine on the last trip. The big w ones I saw were purple, her favourite colour so I might get her a set to see if she finds them useful.:D

Thanks again Nelie.

I hope your mum likes them, I want the red ones which is my favourite colour. Let me know if she likes them

Ive had mine for years too starting at an Eagle Creek 'fold it' flat type packer and a cube that had zips on each side, one side for clean undies, one for dirty.

Since then Ive done the same as you, Katmandu sales. I also have one just for 'stuff' all those items like adaptors, charges, mini sewing & medical kit, anything small really you dont want floating around in your bag. I pack them on their side in my case not flat in the bottom of the case. I like Katmandu's shoe bags too.

Thanks for the advice reedy

The Kathmandu brand do sound good, what are there shoe bags like?

My cubes I bought on eBay arrived today, 5 for $17. They look ok. Checked prices today for BigW cubes, $25 for 3, then checked Strandbags and they were also $25 for 3.

Hey again Lyn

Yes the Big W ones are a bit pricier then some on eBay and other online retailers but I know the brand so makes me more inclined to purchase them.

Love my packing cubes. Camping stores like anaconda sell them and often have specials.

I can't travel without packing cubes now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the advice Esilef, don't even know where my closest anaconda is to be honest

Hi,

I can only endorse the majority of replies. I’ve done far more flights then cruises but as they say I wouldn’t leave home without them. We:

Fold fat as per commercial laundry and put as many items as possible in each so no wrinkles.

Having experienced airlines losing luggage on 2 different flights use different colours for husband and myself so half my luggage goes in my case and vice versa.

All adapters and spare batteries go into hand luggage in a small cube and medication in another small cube so they can easily be retrieved if airline decides your hand luggage has to go into the hole (not because it’s too big or heavy but other passengers take up too much space)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the reply Mrs. S

We love our packing cubes! We have a mix of brands, our biggest cubes are from Kathmandu and some smaller ones from Aldi (could've sworn that I had another brand too but thinking about it, I dont think so)

We have a cube each for formal, another cube for swimming stuff, another for warm clothes and another for casual/general/undies etc and then an empty one each for dirty laundry. We roll everything. We also have a cube each for Embarkation day that goes into our carry on bags with 1 lot of swimwear, meds, phone chargers/adapters and a change of clothes for first night dinner.

Thanks for the advice reedy

The Kathmandu brand do sound good, what are there shoe bags like?

Sorry, didn't log on for a few days. They are a nylon bag with a drawstring top, they are called stuff sacks on the Katmandu website. They only have one colour on their site at the moment, I have them in 3. No doubt you will be able to find a similar item easily enough online.

Thanks again porky

I'm not the hugest sushi fan but may try some on the ship, I am sorry to admit but I don't understand the fuss with these folders.

The folders are particularly good if you travel on business and have trousers & shirts to pack. I use my for holidays and they just seem to reduce wrinkling quite a bit.