Maximum times on price adjustment

Alphen

Anybody aware of a maximum times you can adjust the price of a cruise if price is lowered? Had been told today by HAL (Rotterdam office) that you are allowed to adjust price twice on a booking. Although currently not at final payement date, they declined also because cruise was within 90 days of sailing.

Anybody aware of a maximum times you can adjust the price of a cruise if price is lowered? Had been told today by HAL (Rotterdam office) that you are allowed to adjust price twice on a booking. Although currently not at final payement date, they declined also because cruise was within 90 days of sailing.

As I recall, I have done it three times on my upcoming cruise. One time it was within a week of a different adjustment. Not alot on each adjustment, but every bit helps.

It may depend on what country you are booking from and the fare type as well as how close to sailing. EU booking rules are significantly different than those in North America. For those of us booked though HAL in the USA there is no maximum number of changes restriction for bookings outside of the penalty period. That said we now have some fare types with non-refundable deposits/payments that cannot be modified at any time without complete forfeiture of the deposit. Any changes to refundable deposit bookings will reset HAL promotions based on the current fare option you choose at time of change.

Are you based in Holland? I have not heard of European customers having the benefit or refaring! Maybe it is something new.

or did you book using Future Cruise Certificate which maybe has the benefit of a 'change' to the booking?

We have been able to re-fare cruises (Germany, but everything is done from Rotterdam office for us) which we had booked rather far in advance, but lost some perks as a result. As we saved 1500 Euros per person we had no problem in giving up the Explore4 promotion. The second time we re-fared that same cruise we paid a little bit more again but gained paid hotel charges instead.

Since then ( 2017) some rules may have changed after the introduction of non-refundable fares. The last cruise we have just bought was a last-minute offer but had to be paid in full at once and is non-refundable, as well. Got insurance for that, though, otherwise it would be too big a gamble.

Are you based in Holland? I have not heard of European customers having the benefit or refaring! Maybe it is something new.

or did you book using Future Cruise Certificate which maybe has the benefit of a 'change' to the booking?

Yes, we are based in Holland and yes, we always have been able to adjust our fare on most of our cruises (HAL directly). On the cruise I tried to do this again, we had no less than nine prior adjustments, so I was kind of taken by surprise that they mentioned two beiing the maximum :D. I think it may have to do with the 90 day limit, although final payment has not yet passed.

Yes, we are based in Holland and yes, we always have been able to adjust our fare on most of our cruises (HAL directly). On the cruise I tried to do this again, we had no less than nine prior adjustments, so I was kind of taken by surprise that they mentioned two beiing the maximum :D. I think it may have to do with the 90 day limit, although final payment has not yet passed.

In that case I am really looking forward to Brexit! Ireland gets lumped together with UK by many, many companies (logical because of the size of population and language), but we are then stuck with UK marketing rules. No re pricing!

It is easier for me to phone HAL Seattle than it is to phone HAL UK. The UK number does not work from Ireland, as it is a type of premium call line with an additional charge not recognised by Irish networks.

Maybe from April 2019 Ireland will be handled by Rotterdam office.

(The House of Orange will succeed in Ireland again!) ;):D

In that case I am really looking forward to Brexit! Ireland gets lumped together with UK by many, many companies (logical because of the size of population and language), but we are then stuck with UK marketing rules. No re pricing!

It is easier for me to phone HAL Seattle than it is to phone HAL UK. The UK number does not work from Ireland, as it is a type of premium call line with an additional charge not recognised by Irish networks.

Maybe from April 2019 Ireland will be handled by Rotterdam office.

(The House of Orange will succeed in Ireland again!) ;):D

I hope for you that you will benefit from this, maybe some good will come out of it ;)

Just wondering why any cruise line should adjust or give OBC after final payment? Why not just wait until after that time to book your cruise?

We booked our cruise thru an online agency & now the price on the HAL website has gone below what we paid....we have passed Final Payment....any chance of an adjustment or OBC from HAL? TIA.

We booked our cruise thru an online agency & now the price on the HAL website has gone below what we paid....we have passed Final Payment....any chance of an adjustment or OBC from HAL? TIA.

Its strange how many times this question gets asked. Of course the answer is slim to none, I can't say zero, as there have been a few reports of success.

I do like the counter argument to folks who insist they should get more off. "Would you want them coming to you and saying, hey the fares when up after final payment, please give us some more $$$. "

We did not know there was a maximum number of times for North American bookings.

Seems silly though. If we were denied a reprice outside the final payment window we would simply cancel and rebook. That would probably be the last time we booked on that cruise line or with that agent if it was an agent rule.

We have done two re-prices and one cabin upgrade when the categories were re-jigged and we moved to a more desirable cabin (to us) for the same dollar.

Its strange how many times this question gets asked. Of course the answer is slim to none, I can't say zero, as there have been a few reports of success.

I do like the counter argument to folks who insist they should get more off. "Would you want them coming to you and saying, hey the fares when up after final payment, please give us some more $$$. "

Good point.

Thanks for all the input, I think the decline on this request was because of the 90 days limit and not the number of times, I guess they entered this in the reply to indicate that we did get a fair number of price adjustments already (nine), so we should be thankful with what we have, which we are! But, it never hurts to try! :D

Final payment is up next weekend!