Luxury section of ship or Luxury Cruise ships?

Travelcat2

Yes We were parked alongside 2 or 3 of those mega yachts with helicopters at St Barth when we were on SeaDream on NYE.

We do get some of these in Auckland - a lot of them visit during our summer, the biggest I think was The A - she was quite a site, nothing like anything else !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Travelcat, just found this as I don’t really ever visit this board. The decor of the “Bliss” looks hideous, very cheap looking public areas with the exception of the French restaurant, and awful carpeting. Your suite looks ok though. But there is never a way I would cruise on a ship this large, and George would probably jump overboard.

Travelcat, just found this as I don’t really ever visit this board. The decor of the “Bliss” looks hideous, very cheap looking public areas with the exception of the French restaurant, and awful carpeting. Your suite looks ok though. But there is never a way I would cruise on a ship this large, and George would probably jump overboard.

If you and George experienced the ship the way we did, you both might have enjoyed it ("only" 2,000 passengers on board).

Check back here the week of September 2nd when we board a currently unnamed ship for a 7 night Pacific coastal cruise. The goal is to see how "luxurious" one of the top suites is with the special restaurant and lounge. Then, in a year (also September), we will be on another 7 night local cruise on a cruise line that I've said many times that we are not interested in saying on!

If you and George experienced the ship the way we did, you both might have enjoyed it ("only" 2,000 passengers on board).

Check back here the week of September 2nd when we board a currently unnamed ship for a 7 night Pacific coastal cruise. The goal is to see how "luxurious" one of the top suites is with the special restaurant and lounge. Then, in a year (also September), we will be on another 7 night local cruise on a cruise line that I've said many times that we are not interested in saying on!

I believe your unnamed cruise is on Celebrity? I have cruised in top suites on Celebrity and find the experience quite nice. I saw you posted on the X board about tipping in Michael's Club. I am assuming this is the cruise you are on?

The best butler ever was on X Solstice in the CS. We make our own luxury when cruising with them and actually have a lot of fun.

One thing to note: If you are on a shorter cruise you may have a different demographic in terms of passengers. We found that out by doing a B2B out of Sydney to Fiji Islands. Spring Break Aussie style. :(( Just like the Caribbean and US passenger. :(

However, the 2nd leg from Sydney to Auckland (all of NZ) was wonderful. Lovely demographic of sophisticated and well dressed travelers. Just an FYI.

Hope you are on a similar 2nd leg we experienced. Regardless, have fun.!

Thank you for posting. So sorry for the difficulties that you have gone through but it is good that you were able to take a cruise in a Haven 2 bedroom suite with another cruise booked.

Definitely agree that people that may have money and sail on luxury lines are no better than anyone else. To be honest, this is a main reason why we do not typically cruise on ships with the "class" system. While my British born husband thinks that it is fine to be a bit snobby, it bothers me a lot. Our views are different since we were raised in different countries.

What NCL has done for us is to open our minds a bit to going on a cruise where you can just have fun and do things that you do not typically do (like racing in car on the Bliss). Our next cruise is on a premium cruise line - only for a quick 7 night getaway. Our expectation is that we will have fun and will also learn what a different cruise line offers.

At the end of the day, we will return to Regent ...... not simply because it is a luxury cruise line, but because once you are onboard, everyone is treated the same. No one knows or cares if you are in the largest or smallest suite on the ship (the benefits you receive from being in a higher category suite is not visible to others). We also appreciate the all-inclusiveness and not having to sign for things all of the time. Also, we have sailed on Regent so many times that the crew is like an extended family.

Thank you for your nice response. The world is just turning far too quickly into an uglier place it seems to me and some of the posts just struck me as following that sad lead. I love the Haven and am so thankful we are able to afford to be there, but I do not take it as my due or as an indication that I am superior. I will have another look at the Regent as I know exactly what you mean when you talk about being among peers - while I do not wish to sail with snobs (honestly), some of the river cruises have been appealing because as a 57 yo with a Ph.D. and no taste for either alcohol or partying, I think I might find more of people similar to me there for better or for worse 😁