6/7/2018 Thursday Weigh-in

mdaviswv

Good morning everyone. One more week of my bland welcomes until Belle returns. I'll try to keep it brief. :D

I stayed the same this week. And since this is my last weigh in, here anyway, before my next cruise, I guess that puts me at down 12+/- since our last cruise in November. Not quite the over-ambitious goal I had for myself, but definitely still a good thing! Perhaps my next cruise goal will be a little more reasonable, but I doubt it.

Our vacation begins Saturday morning and if all goes well, we'll board Wednesday and sail down the Hudson, which is still among my most favorite things to do. If you want to follow along I'm sure I'll post some to twitter and instagram throughout at spridlewv. The hope is to write a little each day too. Some cruises I have time for that and some I don't. If it materializes I'll post a link here.

Have a great week guys and I'll check in from time to time whenever I can wrestle the wifi away from my 14yr old.

Thanks for starting the thread, Mike. I hope you and your family have a great vacation! A sustained 2# per month loss is great, too - that will be almost 25# for the year if you continue at that pace.

I forgot to weigh myself this morning, so I'll probably wait until next week. I'm feeling a lot of inflammation in my back and hip, plus some swelling so I'm guessing I'm artificially up a little.

I'm trying something different with the running due to my hip issues. Did a speed walk for my run portions yesterday and today and it was easier on my joints. I covered about as much distance and was still exerting at a level that was difficult to talk, so I think it's a reasonable compromise.

I'm trying not to let the pain get me down. I turned 45 this week and while I can't physically do as much as I'd like, I do have use of my mind and body (by the time my mom was my age she had lost most of the use of both:( ) so my life is good. Plus, I have a husband who loves me, great kids, and good friends - my life is actually pretty great :D

Thanks for letting me vent a little. Hope everyone has a great week and good losses.

Ugh! Up the .8 I had lost last week even though I’ve logged absolutely everything this week and increased the intensity and frequency of my workouts. My clothes are fitting looser so I’m going to keep going and assume in a week or two I’ll start to drop again. This has happened to me before so not totally unexpected.

Great job on the weight loss so far Mike.

I hope Belle is still having a great time.

Hope everyone else had a good week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh! Up the .8 I had lost last week even though I’ve logged absolutely everything this week and increased the intensity and frequency of my workouts. My clothes are fitting looser so I’m going to keep going and assume in a week or two I’ll start to drop again. This has happened to me before so not totally unexpected.

Great job on the weight loss so far Mike.

I hope Belle is still having a great time.

Hope everyone else had a good week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katmu - I wouldn't worry about the gain, loose fitting clothes are a bigger win for me:D You probably will drop again, and remember that muscle is denser than fat so 1# muscle takes up less space than the same amount of fat. Think of a 1# apple vs a 1# bag of marshmallows;)

Hello,

I stayed the same. Bummed, that's 2 weeks in a row. I know, better than a gain but I need to lose.

Mike, great loss since your last cruise, wish I could say the same! You've done well. Have a great vacation.

Pacruise, sorry for the aches. I have 10 years on you and in my mind I can do what I did at 20 but then the next day my body says "oh, why did you do that". A few weeks ago I hurt my shoulder and it's still not great but getting better. Oh the joys of getting older..........

Katmu, small gain, sure you'll do better next week.

I know Jo (retringsoon) is leaving on her cruise too, have a great cruise Jo.

And I hope Belle pops in soon. Know she had a great time.

Can't believe it's June already.

Have a great day everyone. Will check back later.

Diana

Diana- It's hard when the scale doesn't want to move. The last time I did WW I went for a month where it didn't move at all. So frustrating.

PaCruise - I have a few years on you too, and I agree with Diana in my mind I still think I can do the same workouts I did in my 20s and for the most part I can other than running but I notice that it takes me longer to recover. With resistance training especially I need to allow plenty of recovery time and not overdo it.

How comethe scales on Thursday don't always show what we have been striving for? This whole week I was down over 1 pound, I was so excited to day to weigh myself ... I now am down a total of 0.2# this week (think that was the same last week) frustrating, but happy it is a loss today.

Mike - enjoy your cruise.

To everyone - have a wonderful week. Jan

Thanks everyone.

Sorry your hip issues are causing problems Pacruise. But it sounds like you have things in proper perspective. [emoji846]

I loved the Apple vs marshmallows analogy! My favorite SXM DJ posted on IG this week a photo at 135 vs a photo at 140. She may have have been lighter in the former, but all slim and toned up in the second. The point was not to only consider the number! So good job Kat!

Well I need to get to work by six. So I gotta run. Hope to check back later.

Happy Friday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I'm researching anti-inflammatory diets (which look like they should promote weight loss as a natural by-product too). I'm feeling quite a bit better today, but recognize that I have to make some lasting changes if I'm to stay physically active.

Hi everyone. Out of time last week unable to weigh-in. I weighed in today. I am down 4lbs. Have a great weekend.

Way to go:cool:

Thanks everyone.

Sorry your hip issues are causing problems Pacruise. But it sounds like you have things in proper perspective. [emoji846]

I loved the Apple vs marshmallows analogy! My favorite SXM DJ posted on IG this week a photo at 135 vs a photo at 140. She may have have been lighter in the former, but all slim and toned up in the second. The point was not to only consider the number! So good job Kat!

Well I need to get to work by six. So I gotta run. Hope to check back later.

Happy Friday!!

It's weird how weight is, but I looked much better (healthy/toned) at 155 three years ago than I did at 135-140 in high school and college.

Jan, any loss in good. Glad you posting each week.

Gold Connection, that's a great loss. Congrats. .

Have a good evening everyone.

Diana

Thanks Diana ... it feels good to have someone acknowledge that I am trying to be healthy!

Home from the sea..other places...free of company and bought a new car!

Now to get new insurance (higher payments:() wash my clothes and clean the house.

Had a good time on the cruise, were lucky, had great weather. Alaska is so pretty.

Enjoyed the company on the cruise and at home. She left yesterday and then I went

out and bought a car.

2017 Fusion Energy (electric) Low miles on it

Is a Platinum..top of the line. All extras I wouldn't pay for if buying new but nice

to have. Got a great deal!

Mike hope I hope you read this before you leave. Thanks for starting theposts. Congrats on your

loss's since Nov. Bon Voyage!

pacruise sorry your having hip problems and in pain. They say walking is the best exercise.

Take it easy.

katmu bet weight gain is from the exercise. Your doing great. Yes had a great time. Thanks.

Diana I'm here at last. Yes staying the same is better than gaining. Can't believe it's June either.

6th month of the year already.

Jan It's so good to see your name on here again. I know it's so madding to have loss's and then it

changes. Or when your doing so good and the scale stays the same.

Jo hope your having a good cruise.

Gold Good loss for two weeks. I hope you had a good weekend.

I will weigh-in next week. I forgot to weigh-in when I got back from cruise then we went

away a few days. Eating out and such will wait till Thursday and hope for a stay the same.

(ate to much today) Why do we do that after a cruise? So really won't know if have a no gainer

cruise like the last two. But it seems me/others gain more on shorter cruises than longer ones.

Hope you all had a good weekend and come and talk on Monday. We're missing people again.

COME IN AGAIN. WE MISS YOU.

That sounds like a beautiful cruise Belle. Happy you had a good time and nice weather. I've heard Alaska is beautiful. My mom and several of her brothers and sisters did a family cruise a number of years ago and all loved it.

Congratulations on the new car!! That is exciting and even better when you get a good deal.

Hey guys. Hope everything is going well. I haven’t checked in since we hit the road. Trip couldn’t be much better really. I logged between 12 and 13 miles walking around Manhattan today. Tomorrow we head uptown to ABC for a Chew taping. Almost got lucky enough to see the last show, but it looks like it will be third from last. Anyway, we sail Wednesday. Have a great week. [emoji846][emoji562][emoji924]

Welcome back, Belle! Enjoy your new car:)

Mike, have a great vacation:cool: How was I-99 to I-80 for you? Better scenery or mostly lots of our state shrub (orange and white striped cones:'))?

My swelling is much better this week, and while I notice the hip the pain is significantly reduced. I had a strong workout last night and will be getting a speed walk in on a local rail trail today. I appreciate the trails since they are usually flat, even surface and no traffic (except at crossings). I think it will be easier for my daughter with her ankle issues too. The only drawback is it's about 30 minutes to the closest one, but we will be traveling that way today for another errand:)

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Mike, nice of you to check-in. Wow, logging those walking miles. Walking is such a great way to see a place, you never know what you find. Continued fun on your venture.

Pacruise, glad you're doing better.

Hope everyone is doing well. Hubby and I went to the gym yesterday then out for a bike ride. Was nice. The next few days though we are to be 100 degrees. Drains my energy.

Have a good day.

Diana