Le club voyage points

procter

Bonnie,

We have combined points on Celebrity /Azamara going back to March 2007.

Can you confirm that all these would count to Le Club Voyage membership points.

I seem to remember some discussion a couple of years ago concerning this issue

THANKS

Another question along these lines... we are Elite with Celebrity so I know we get benefits with Azamara but do we earn Celebrity points or Azamara points on our Azamara cruise in Januray 2019? Do we need to join Azamara's club separately?

Another question along these lines... we are Elite with Celebrity so I know we get benefits with Azamara but do we earn Celebrity points or Azamara points on our Azamara cruise in Januray 2019? Do we need to join Azamara's club separately?

Cruise points—whether earned while sailing Celebrity or Azamara—cross-accumulate; there is no differentiation.

Your Captain’s Club membership # is your Le Club Voyage membership # and should be associated with your Azamara reservation. Once you have completed your Azamara cruise, it will be included in your cruise history on “My Celebrity”.

An Elite Captain’s Club member will be recognized as a Discoverer (equivalent level with equivalent point requirement) member of Le Club Voyage. Benefits can differ between the two programs at equivalent tier levels (see LCV website via link provided above).

They do but remember there was a change in how points were calculated in 2012 for both lines

Actually, one “former” Cruise Credit was converted to thirty Cruise Points as of 23 November 2013. The conversion was handled identically by Celebrity and Azamara with your Cruise Point total—points still cross-acculate—the same in both loyalty programs.

Thanks Xport. I appreciate the concise clarification. I already have my Captains Club number listed on my Azamara reservation. Now if we could just get Royal to do the same thing....

A balcony cabin earns 3 points per night with Celebrity, but 5 with Azamara.

Thanks Bonnie,

Further to uktog's comment re changes in 2012 can you confirm points value for celebrity cruises from 2007 to 2010 all in balconies.

Additionally we had a cruise with RCI which does not appear on our list ex LCV reply to my query.

How easy would that be to find?

It probably goes back to 2007 so not that easy but it would be nice to see if i can get those points credited.

Thanks for your reply on a Saturday.

Above and Beyond I say!!!

Thanks Bonnie,

Further to uktog's comment re changes in 2012 can you confirm points value for celebrity cruises from 2007 to 2010 all in balconies.

Additionally we had a cruise with RCI which does not appear on our list ex LCV reply to my query.

How easy would that be to find?

It probably goes back to 2007 so not that easy but it would be nice to see if i can get those points credited.

Thanks for your reply on a Saturday.

Above and Beyond I say!!!

Do you know you can look at all the individual points for each cruise you’ve taken yourself from your Captain's Club log in? I’m presuming you are registered on the Celebrity site? Just log in and click on your welcome name top right and select Captain's Club from the drop down. Page down and all your cruises and points will be listed. Your RCI cruise won’t be there as it doesn’t count toward them.

Phil

Thanks for this,Phil.

For some reason Celebrity does not want to allow me to log in with what I thought was my own name and email address.

I have received from LCV a print out of my 17 voyages taken from 2007 but points do not appear to tally.

Trying to ascertain what value balconies had prior to changes in 2012 and whether Celebrity balconies were "more" than Azamara.

At the moment there appears to be a discrepancy of 393 points.

Good to know RCI does not count although this was not in my calculations.

As you can appreciate these may well tip me towards further level or "free" nights.

Thanks for this,Phil.

For some reason Celebrity does not want to allow me to log in with what I thought was my own name and email address.

I have received from LCV a print out of my 17 voyages taken from 2007 but points do not appear to tally.

Trying to ascertain what value balconies had prior to changes in 2012 and whether Celebrity balconies were "more" than Azamara.

At the moment there appears to be a discsrepancy of 393 points.

As you can appreciate these may well tip me towards further level or "free" nights.

Just remember to get some of the Azamara benefits 50% or more of your cruises, I think have to have been on Azamara.

Thanks for this,Phil.

At the moment there appears to be a discrepancy of 393 points.

Have you tried registering on the Celebrity site again? You don’t use your email address to log in. You should have chosen a user name and password. Otherwise you’ll need to follow the “forgotten user name” link.

If you don't think your points tally then you should contact Le Club Voyage. It’s not something Bonnie should be getting involved with IMHO. There have been changes and conversions at certain times (outlined in posts above) which make it complicated. Even the points value for balconies changed at one point, but I can’t remember when that was. It might have been when the LCV benefits were changed.

Phil

A balcony cabin earns 3 points per night with Celebrity, but 5 with Azamara.

Without knowing the stateroom categories that Mr. Click has sailed on Celebrity and the stateroom category that he has booked on Azamara, your observation may or may not make a difference in cruise point accrual for his upcoming Azamara cruise... If he has sailed Concierge Class or AquaClass on Celebrity, he will see no difference... If he has sailed in standard veranda cabins on Celebrity and is sailing in a standard veranda cabin on Azamara, current Azamara practice--it wasn't always more favorable--will result in a two point/night improvement in loyalty measurement...

Following is an excerpt of a post I made to this forum on 8 March 2018...

-----

Prior to 23 November 2013, Azamara's Le Club Voyage and Celebrity's Captain's Club both featured three loyalty tiers [Adventurer/Classic, Explorer/Select, and Discoverer/Elite], offered identical benefits across both programs, and used a Cruise Credit approach--rather than the current Cruise Point approach--to determine loyalty tier...

Under the Cruise Credit approach, for each completed cruise...

• One Cruise Credit was earned per trip...
  • There was opportunity to earn an additional Cruise Credit based upon level of accommodation...
    • On Azamara, the additional credit was awarded to those sailing in a suite [only]...
    • On Celebrity, the additional credit was awarded to those sailing in an AquaClass Veranda, a Concierge Class Veranda, or a suite...
    • And finally, if applicable, an additional Cruise Credit was awarded--to a maximum of three and regardless of level accommodation--on sailings of twelve nights or longer...

On 23 November 2013, Celebrity revamped Captain's Club to add two new loyalty tiers for established cruisers, Elite Plus and Zenith... Since Azamara used--and continues to use--Celebrity's Loyalty Accounting System, Azamara followed by adding--in terms of qualification--the equivalent Discoverer Plus and Discoverer Platinum membership tiers... At the same time, both cruise lines shifted from the Cruise Credit to a Cruise Point [points per night based upon level of accommodation as is used now] approach to measuring loyalty... Each "former" Cruise Credit was converted to thirty "new" Cruise Points at the same time...

Celebrity coincidently introduced a new array of benefits associated with the two new membership tiers immediately... Azamara did not preview its revamped array of benefits until September 2014 for effect with sailings on/after 1 January 2015... During 2014, those sailing Azamara as Discoverer, Discoverer Plus, or Discoverer Platinum members received the then-unchanged benefits that had long been associated with Discoverer membership...

When Azamara first revealed their proposed benefit changes in September 2014, it suddenly occurred--to the dismay of many--that Azamara had long been accruing Cruise Credits [and during 2014, Cruise Points] for those occupying Club Veranda cabins at a lower rate [no additional Cruise Credits in the past, three Cruise Points per day during 2014] than Celebrity had been accruing Credits/Points for those occupying AquaClass Veranda and Concierge Class Veranda cabins [an additional Cruise Credit in the past, five Cruise Points per day as of November 2013]... Apparently, Azamara got quite a bit of negative reaction--including comments from Cruise Critic members contributing to this forum--that the disparity between the Celebrity accrual rate for those sailing AquaClass and Concierge Class Veranda cabins and those sailing in an Azamara Veranda cabin was unjust given Azamara's [usually] higher pricing for a veranda stateroom relative to Celebrity's usual pricing for Aqua Class and Concierge Class Veranda pricing... After several weeks of feedback and deliberation, Azamara announced that the Cruise Point accrual for veranda cabin occupancy would be increased from 3 Cruise Points per day to 5 Cruise Points per day effective with sailings on/after 1 January 2015; no retroactive adjustments for the long-standing credit/point accrual disparity were made...

-----

In my own case--given the timing of several of my cruises with Azamara [all in veranda cabins] and given that I've always sailed in Concierge Class or above on Celebrity--Azamara's practices prior to January 2015 actually "cost me" nearly 100 cruise points in my total relative to what I'd have earned had I sailed Celebrity vs Azamara and delayed my graduation from Elite+/Discoverer+ to top tier--in both programs--by about a year...

Edited by Xport

• 3 months later...

Hello X-port Cool Cruiser... I have a question about how the Old vs. New point system works, please: We took 2 cruises long ago which weren't listed in our present profile under 'Past Cruises'. We inquired at the Captain's Club desk on one of our recent cruises in Alaska, just how we could get those posted. They told us that WE had to find 'proof' of us taking those old cruises. We did find 2 photos and our Captains Club cards from each cruise. We sent in the proof and they posted those cruises on our profile. However, they only gave us "1 point" for each cruise. I wrote to the company and they said that the old points now are "times 30". So does that mean that instead of showing "1" point for each, it should actually show "30" each? Confused in Ohio...lol! Thank you to you and anyone else that has info. to clear this up for us. :-)

Thank you SO much Grandma Cruising for your response. In the interim, after contacting Celebrity once again, they gave us the 30 points in exchange for the '1' each from the 90's cruises. All is well and they were a BIG help! Thanks to all!

Thank you SO much Grandma Cruising for your response. In the interim, after contacting Celebrity once again, they gave us the 30 points in exchange for the '1' each from the 90's cruises. All is well and they were a BIG help! Thanks to all!

That’s great, glad to hear it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums