Post your azamara drinks ordering experiences here

uktog

Live update from Quest. Things seem to have settled down wrt this issue. Had no probs ordering drinks of any sort. Bar staff only too willing to help. There is no way of getting around the ‘with included spirits ‘ line though. The expresso martini has been an issue due to Kaluha not being present on the included list. You can have expresso with vodka if you want!! Did manage a lovely iced Irish coffee last night. Might try the real maccoy tonight! Over all everything is as it should be, and sometimes even better. Looking forward to White night tonight here in beautiful Kotor. A local dance group are rumoured to be coming aboard, let’s hope the weather plays ball, very humid today with some serious cloud formations, gulp!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There seems to be some obvious omissions from the included spirits list (e.g. it would have been nice to have one Kahlua/Baileys type liqueur included), but overall if seems quite generous & seems to give a lot more flexibility that if they just said "only these particular drinks included".

I thought someone earlier mentioned they got an expresso martini with the standard drinks.

If you have the premium beverage package you could always get one made with Tia Maria:

http://www.tiamaria.com/coffee-cocktails/tia-espresso-martini

Cheers,

Gary & Mo.

Perth, Australia.

Hi, you have to show your key card, there's a sticker or some other mark on them. You don't have to do that with the complimentary drinks menu. Hope that helps.....

Thank you. I'm a newbie (sailing on the Pursuit Oct 28) and am contemplating upgrading my plan. I like good Whisky and Cutty doesn't make it. I also like good espresso. I just wondered how it would work to upgrade during the voyage.

Thank you. I'm a newbie (sailing on the Pursuit Oct 28) and am contemplating upgrading my plan. I like good Whisky and Cutty doesn't make it. I also like good espresso. I just wondered how it would work to upgrade during the voyage.

It has been my experience that you may upgrade at any time during the voyage, at which time you will be charged the posted daily rate (less any applicable LCV tier discount) times the number of days remaining in the cruise.

I regret to have to report some very bad news, after having had Schweppes Tonic for the first 9 days of our Pursuit cruise the dreaded Royal Club Tonic has made an appearance. We’ve no idea why and it’s extremely disappointing following the assurances that Schweppes Tonic would be used at least when the ships are in Europe.

As it’s Pursuit it can’t be old stock!

Britvic is still the diet tonic so all is not totally lost at the moment.

John, this has happened to me before. Schweppes and then all of a sudden the Royal is back. It’s why I didn’t get my hopes up too much with the reports of Schweppes reappearing. I avoid tonic now in favour of soda. Not the same I know and less sweet, but it suits me fine.

Phil

John, this has happened to me before. Schweppes and then all of a sudden the Royal is back. It’s why I didn’t get my hopes up too much with the reports of Schweppes reappearing. I avoid tonic now in favour of soda. Not the same I know and less sweet, but it suits me fine.

Phil

Phil, I tend to stick with dark rum & diet coke (well I think it helps [emoji56]) these days but C likes Hendricks or Plymouth Gin. It seems to be impossible to get over to some that there’s little point in upgrading if Royal Club is being offered. Apparently even Marella now offer Fever Tree but only if you upgrade your package although this only costs £50pppw. Maybe controversial but this might be the answer if Azamara can’t afford to provide it as standard although at Azamara’s level Schweppes should be the minimum standard of mixer.

It may be a good idea to work out if it’s better value just to buy the individual drinks you want, or whether one of the upgraded drinks packages will be better value for you.

Sounds like a plan. Can you (or anyone) tell me what an individual Balvenie 12 or Rusty Nail or Espresso costs? Thanks.

Sounds like a plan. Can you (or anyone) tell me what an individual Balvenie 12 or Rusty Nail or Espresso costs? Thanks.

Can’t answer this ( except you can have an included espresso), but this link takes you to an old thread which includes photos of the drinks menu, so you can see the range of prices https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2637415

Can’t answer this ( except you can have an included espresso), but this link takes you to an old thread which includes photos of the drinks menu, so you can see the range of prices https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2637415

Everything I needed to know! Thanks!

Can’t answer this ( except you can have an included espresso)......

Hi Host Grandma,

Thanks for the great reposonses in this thread.

Do you know which coffee liqueur they use for the included expresso martini?

Someone above mentioned they couldn't get one because Kahlua wasn't on the list but previously someone said you could get it.

Gary & Mo.

Perth, Australia.

Hi Host Grandma,

Thanks for the great reposonses in this thread.

Do you know which coffee liqueur they use for the included expresso martini?

Someone above mentioned they couldn't get one because Kahlua wasn't on the list but previously someone said you could get it.

Gary & Mo.

Perth, Australia.

Sorry, that’s a question I can’t answer - maybe someone else can.

I am very confused. I will take my first Azamara cruise on the Pursuit On sept. 22, 2018. I do not understand this thread. I knew that certain liquor was included, and certain ones were not, so are you saying there is also a list of "no charge" cocktails? For instance, I cant get a cosmo made with "no charge" liquor? There will have to be a charge? And if this is the case, where do I find the list of "free" cocktails?

Thanks so much for helping me to understand this thread.

I am very confused. I will take my first Azamara cruise on the Pursuit On sept. 22, 2018. I do not understand this thread. I knew that certain liquor was included, and certain ones were not, so are you saying there is also a list of "no charge" cocktails? For instance, I cant get a cosmo made with "no charge" liquor? There will have to be a charge? And if this is the case, where do I find the list of "free" cocktails?

You can get any cocktail so long as it can be made from the included spirits. There is a list of ‘suggested’ included cocktails, but you can ask for others if they can be made from the included spirits.

There is also a list of charged cocktails which specifies the brand of spirits used and where these are not the included brands (e.g. Bombay Sapphire Gin).

This thread was started when Azamara changed the way in which they presented the list of included drinks. It seemed as if they had reduced the available included drinks, but it proved just to be a change in the way they listed them.

I too am taking my first Azamara cruise this year and booked just before the changes so I was very confused. If you go to the Azamara website and ifdo a search for Complimentary Beverages you will find a list of the included spirits, cocktails; beers & wine. As I understand it, if a drink can be made with the included spirits it’s complimentary, you just need to specify, eg “ May I have a lemon drop made with the included spirits”

I too am taking my first Azamara cruise this year and booked just before the changes so I was very confused. If you go to the Azamara website and ifdo a search for Complimentary Beverages you will find a list of the included spirits, cocktails; beers & wine. As I understand it, if a drink can be made with the included spirits it’s complimentary, you just need to specify, eg “ May I have a lemon drop made with the included spirits”

That’s right.

There is still a lot of confusion. Here on the Quest, an acquaintance saw my (Finlandia) martini and expressed surprise that it was available with the basic package (pointing to the cocktail menu of martinis). I had to explain to her how to order. And she had a premium package!

There is still a lot of confusion. Here on the Quest, an acquaintance saw my (Finlandia) martini and expressed surprise that it was available with the basic package (pointing to the cocktail menu of martinis). I had to explain to her how to order. And she had a premium package!

I have been wondering if having the premium package (as opposed to the ultimate package) makes things even harder as it creates 3 tiers of what might be “included” ingredients?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

It is very confusing. Our experience is that you must use the phrase “with the included spirits” when ordering a martini or you will be charged.

You would think that a brief explanation line on the menu is on order starting with a title of “Sample Cocktails” instead of “Complimentary Cocktails” with nothing further.