Say It Ain’t So! Russ Is Leaving???

CA Oceanfront

That’s lovely!

Just to thread butt a little, we’ve just seen Mamma Mia 2. Can anyone tell me please which part Russ played in the show? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Apart from being the nicest CD at sea Russ has such class.

Crystal are very fortunate to have him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Apart from being the nicest CD at sea Russ has such class.

Crystal are very fortunate to have him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The thread on Crystal been interesting. Many of us jump over there raving about Russ. I am sure several people will be booking Crystal to sail with him.

As far as news leaking out-well, once someone knows more will know. Their CD retired and that ship was shocked. At least Russ got to say goodbye and and the guests could too.

• 2 weeks later...

I am late to posting to this thread. Russ is an amazing man. He always made time to talk to people, accept our feedback gracefully even if it was delivered without any class (not us!!!!). We are sailing on Quest next April and I’m sad that we won’t see him again. We may just have to start stalking him on Crystal and jump on his ship some day. I wish him all the best.

Here's an email from Russ I received late yesterday...

Bonnie...

I am sitting in my office @ 11:10pm and I just opened this email and saw the thread of Cruise Critic. WOW! My eyes are full of tears as I read this. I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has ever sailed with me on the Quest. My heart is full as I write this.

It was not an easy decision for me to leave the Quest. This is my family and has been for the last 8+years. The opportunity came and I could not pass it up. I leave here knowing that it has been an AZAMAZING journey and I am all the better for having bought the ticket and taken the ride.

Please continue to enjoy the Quest as it is a beautiful ship with some of the best crew on the seven seas.

Until next time...eat, drink and be happy! Hugs to all!

Best,

Russ Thomas Grieve | Quest Cruise Director

Russ’ signature quote brings a tear to my eye even though we’ve only sailed with him in 3 sailings. :loudcry:What a fantastic CD. I wish Russ the very best in his new endeavor. Hugs, Russ. :*

• 2 weeks later...
I am late to posting to this thread. Russ is an amazing man. He always made time to talk to people, accept our feedback gracefully even if it was delivered without any class (not us!!!!). We are sailing on Quest next April and I’m sad that we won’t see him again. We may just have to start stalking him on Crystal and jump on his ship some day. I wish him all the best.

LOL - I'm with you on the "stalking" him on Crystal! So much so that I called them to check out their Canada cruises! We booked the Alaska cruise assuming Russ would still be on the Quest. So sad he won't be, but I trust Azamara made the right choice with Earnest (TBD).

I'm including a couple of memories with Russ on a few of our Quest cruises...

The 1st picture is from this past January on a trip from Miami to Cuba, then through the Panama Canal, ending in Costa Rica. The AZamazing Evening was in Panama. Russ was, as always, jovial!

The 2nd picture is from a cruise in December, 2013 (Christmas Caribbean cruise). Our blind/handicapped daughter (seated with the sunglasses) was with us. She just LOVES Russ (behind her) and I don't recall her ever having a smile so big! Even though this picture is from nearly 5 years ago, she STILL talks about Russ and this cruise. It is the highlight of her life!!!

I have to say that Azamara's loss is Crystal Cruises gain - in spades! I know that many of Quest's passengers will miss him dearly. He is one professional person that is difficult to replace!

Fd31W_Ej_igibHwpfrrMrsUwrw-7iz1CGeWsP0uaNN5suNMpvMq85DzLREoJdmfbn_dqoxZWwLFYRVcK96aGlpdxFM5Ax5Fpx7FLgUZmmbCtexw91caDz34jyatxMr0ThtVFdQ8ymDLdHVOA383LCVwGuX-AGBkXViNTQgwYbcS5T26D-NKlGpQfXWoMcASItAjylw1aBzwFl4MiQEqWAAe-tpqf_Gd1Ruz1b-aONcqZx3AxgkMUEQ8zY07YEFmLBvemfomfELudZkBJF0CWuPSa8HdZTIbmQrcQC9o1Gyi_rL-NseD_rx7UhRd9RPiZ_npNJ2rV-O2he1RyUD2alhVdy5ZTHDMFc4BM2dY-I5eB0Sg3qjU6xs7RcOmi_d6pu7SUzfhK78_nRUizJFc4Gx8y_18WhUT8BA1A4XE-pzmz0iweRWJRImdAPK2uIxPnqTZyn1HiC1SMjDDOEI1eJQJV95L2ZwEHXOmWZ08uHs_byQ6LZUMzrHo1gUFRHxMbWzY1nKg9RunPbbTtW_Y3irlZbJS59DvTQZ3-aoBSwfA4053-ITjecnJIcDxL1MqrmVSWIcXSQaMVBNNb38_yeg6QAOZb8quRtYEoP4s=w532-h944-no

abbQgVWoFkLSlpsyAkECToJ9Titb763sTLF6OEGgdnaqZGdiDG9E3fg-z4xOMyH6cH0ijhKjCj7g4N4hqQBcZcRiXlPOcBCUaH8EpCsJMJwy3qmrL67wcDLBKu5p-N0wUZT1oAWOkR8Qf1Y4RGc69yxsx6PHQdiEa3H71Cigt629sOn5tZrRMbJfI8I11loaZknTdibKn8FN-2VjPQ56kmN0k6KwMqknsPQNEtq63MRtwthvsoQCx82ArpvzM029a6q0VzIPQr5acyVx-zCrVfyIeijeQJowzGglAl_SH0R8bGdl99thzSr9NKLAg1skzbo4EoQhT2QkXScYaGyTnYb8LP6BihgZbTMo0u3zS7hzgYSS6SN5fXrxQ0NAsK26Qxl2ecSKU-udYoi8Scfy1xl-SkQ4roHp8qnnwXW3uuj5IIlJtWHBnyaRKeAvr2vHDyV4sRFeeuk59Wee85wUfvQfWpgrGuOwVVeInlnLp6Hs2505JbwjIKUrY6wtDL5MSolcLMxiJiDNKHkDtsXWNu1ins2RfldP3vKqJKV7B_fLLWg3zzmU058QRuE46wp0NjRjIf-cMoFaBQ3PnR4hKuQugbCe8wH48Yn67ow=w1259-h944-no

• 4 weeks later...

quote=ellbon;56653264]easy- got to the Azamara board page. look for a title with Russ's name. think it uses the word AINT in it. Say it Aint So... one of the viseo in it. i saw it on social media but belive it is there too.[/quote

Robin, this was posted on another board. Any chance you can provide a link to the video you saw of Russ' last show for those of us not on social media? Can't find it in this thread.