Luggage Tags & Final Documents

sabrefan

First Azamara cruise coming up in February. Do luggage tags come to me when final documents are sent out to my travel agent? Or do I have to call them a few weeks before the cruise like I have had to do with Celebrity?

But, to answer your question, you can get luggage tags like you are used to having. I was able to order mine from the website. However, I never got the “ticket booklet” liked I did on Celebrity. It never showed up on my account. I was able to print my Xpress pass, though. Have a great trip! :D

You can print your documents by going to the on-line check-in page. Look for "E-DOCS" about two-thirds of the way down the page and click on the "Print Document" link.

A link to request 'real' luggage tags will appear about six or seven weeks before your cruise on that same on-line check-in page. Just click on the link, fill in your name, address, etc., and the luggage tags will arrive in the mail in a week or so. As others said, they aren't necessary but they're easy to obtain.

You can print your documents by going to the on-line check-in page. Look for "E-DOCS" about two-thirds of the way down the page and click on the "Print Document" link.

A link to request 'real' luggage tags will appear about six or seven weeks before your cruise on that same on-line check-in page. Just click on the link, fill in your name, address, etc., and the luggage tags will arrive in the mail in a week or so. As others said, they aren't necessary but they're easy to obtain.

That's fine if you are in the US but like many Azamara pre cruise issues, it doesn't apply in the UK or I think, many other countries. We do not get luggage tags sent to us. For us it has to be a "Blue Peter" job with scissors and double sided tape. No biggie though as it's easy to get the luggage tags at the pier.

However I do compare this poor Azamara presentation with the lovely Viking folder that has red leather luggage tags and beautifully presented travel documents. Very impressive and a good impression to start your cruise.

That's fine if you are in the US but like many Azamara pre cruise issues, it doesn't apply in the UK or I think, many other countries. We do not get luggage tags sent to us. For us it has to be a "Blue Peter" job with scissors and double sided tape. No biggie though as it's easy to get the luggage tags at the pier.

However I do compare this poor Azamara presentation with the lovely Viking folder that has red leather luggage tags and beautifully presented travel documents. Very impressive and a good impression to start your cruise.

I had to look up "Blue Peter" in a UK context; that is funny thinking of a project with tape and safety scissors.

Not sure if Viking is for us with the inclusions such shorex but maybe a little later in life. I agree with you though that receiving the documents and tags sets the tone for starting the cruise and adds nicely to the anticipation.

We in the UK were able to order our luggage tags in the past but now it is a do it yourself job, cutting them out and inserting them in plastic labels ordered from Amazon. This doesn’t match the premium cruise line experience of everything else Azamara. Seabourn send out luggage tags and smart luggage labels and so do Viking so perhaps it is time for some smarter labels Azamara?

Very funny that someone mentions Viking Ocean cruises. It just so happens that we are going on our first Viking cruise on Monday. We received printed out cruise documents along with leather per ant bag tags and luggage tags for cruise day with our name and cabin number printed on them. Big difference between Azamara and Viking in this area so far.

• 9 months later...

New to Azamara. On the online check-in page there isn't anything saying EDOCS. Cruise is Aug 30. Is there a "new" place to find them.

I’ve only taken two Azamara cruises, but didn’t get the Edocs email for either one. Didn’t really need them. I ordered luggage tags on the website and printed our boarding documents from the website. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks....we plan to. Wanted to see the Edocs for turnaround day in Copenhagen to see what dock we're using. Azamara has changed it a few times and the website isn't clear.

We are on a Sept 5 cruise and, about three weeks ago, we received a 31 page personalized printed booklet from Azamara through our travel agent with our other private transfer vouchers (not Azamara transfers). The Azamara booklet includes detailed printouts of the itinerary, is personalized with our names, and includes our pre-printed self-adhesive luggage tags as the center fold.

We had previously printed our ExpressPass online.

The 31 page document is the e-doc. I’ve always had access to it, usually from an email, and just print off the pages I want. My daughter is my travel agent. She offered to print it all, but I said I only wanted certain pages & was happy to print those myself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The 31 page document is the e-doc. I’ve always had access to it, usually from an email, and just print off the pages I want. My daughter is my travel agent. She offered to print it all, but I said I only wanted certain pages & was happy to print those myself.

The book we received was professionally printed on thick glossy paper stock, bound, and stapled. It appeared to be something sent by regular mail to our travel agent direct from Azamara as opposed to something sent as an e-doc. May be an option for different agents.

My daughter is a travel agent, she wasn’t sent any paper document for us, just the e-doc. Maybe your travel agent printed it & bound it, or had it bound.

I don't think so, because the luggage tags are printed on self-adhesive labels (not just paper) that are also professionally bound into a double-wide center-spread page in the book - not something that would be easy to remotely in a travel agent office or at a local commercial printer (i.e. - they wouldn't have the adhesive luggage tag stock that conforms to Azamara's specs). It also has a mailing address on the back, sent to my name, care of the street address of the travel agent's office. The area where the mailing address is located would be in a spot where it would have appeared through a mailing envelope's address window.

Also, given that it is printed on very heavy glossy paper stock and bound, the base book would almost certainly have to be produced in some volume to be cost effective to produce. If it didn't come in the mail from Azamara, someone went to a lot of expense and effort to create that illusion.

I don't think so, because the luggage tags are printed on self-adhesive labels (not just paper) that are also professionally bound into a double-wide center-spread page in the book - not something that would be easy to remotely in a travel agent office or at a local commercial printer (i.e. - they wouldn't have the adhesive luggage tag stock that conforms to Azamara's specs). It also has a mailing address on the back, sent to my name, care of the street address of the travel agent's office. The area where the mailing address is located would be in a spot where it would have appeared through a mailing envelope's address window.

Also, given that it is printed on very heavy glossy paper stock and bound, the base book would almost certainly have to be produced in some volume to be cost effective to produce. If it didn't come in the mail from Azamara, someone went to a lot of expense and effort to create that illusion.

You may be unique in all the world in getting such a package. I've never received one and have never heard of such a thing. Have fun on your cruise!

Thanks for the photo. I am pretty sure I have received one - not sure if every time. Could country matter? I am in Canada.

Don’t know about the country mattering, but we are in Canada and have never received a booklet.

The sticky luggage tags created by Azamara are available in the North American market.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on a Sept 5 cruise and, about three weeks ago, we received a 31 page personalized printed booklet from Azamara through our travel agent with our other private transfer vouchers (not Azamara transfers). The Azamara booklet includes detailed printouts of the itinerary, is personalized with our names, and includes our pre-printed self-adhesive luggage tags as the center fold.

We had previously printed our ExpressPass online.

I believe your agent printed it. Azamara would not include your private non azamara transfers. Agents can have your luggage tags sent to them instead of you, and would be able to personalize. Azamara doesn’t do that.