Status match to NCL- did I get the correct level?

Carolina Girl 99

Hi all-

I recently booked my first MSC cruise and have already received my status match to NCL. I'm still a cruise newbie with only 3 cruises under my belt (number 4 and 5 are already booked), but I have 28 Latitude points on NCL which qualifies me for their silver status tier.

MSC matched me at classic level with 1 point, does this sound right? NCL awards 1 point per day per cruise, with bonus points available for certain conditions. I see that MSC awards points based on cruise length as well as experience. Based on cabin type and experience that I've done on NCL (spa balcony, Haven, etc), I would have had 3200-3500 points if I had taken those comparable cruises on MSC.

Has anyone else who was matched to a level below gold or black had a similar experience? Is it worth calling MSC to inquire about matching at a higher level?

In my experience when I was Gold with NCL (I am now Platinum), I was matched to Silver with MSC. It seemed I got more with NCL than I did MSC. I suspect if I status matched now as Platinum with NCL I'd be put on Gold with MSC, thus missing out on a free specialty meal that I'd get with NCL (x2). To me it's like MSC place you one below what you are with another line. I don't have experience of anyone being matched to MSC Black status from NCL.

I hope it's changed, I was status matched shortly after the programme opened over two years ago. I did feel I didn't get a 'true' match at the time (Gold with NCL for Silver with MSC).

You're at the lowest level with NCL, Bronze, as I was with RCI, Gold, and I received the classic match.

FYI you get the benefits of that level but they don't start you at your comparable level of points. I have one cruise with MSC and I have 800 points. You are at the top of the NCL Bronze level but that doesn't transfer to almost going to the next MSC level with your first cruise.

Dave

Edited by SnorkelBoy
added info

You're at the lowest level with NCL, Bronze, as I was with RCI, Gold, and I received the classic match.

Dave

I'm actually Silver with NCL, and hit that tier before they changed their Latitudes points system. Under their NEW tier levels I would only be bronze, but i sent MSC a screenshot showing I was silver

Hi all-

I recently booked my first MSC cruise and have already received my status match to NCL. I'm still a cruise newbie with only 3 cruises under my belt (number 4 and 5 are already booked), but I have 28 Latitude points on NCL which qualifies me for their silver status tier.

MSC matched me at classic level with 1 point, does this sound right? NCL awards 1 point per day per cruise, with bonus points available for certain conditions. I see that MSC awards points based on cruise length as well as experience. Based on cabin type and experience that I've done on NCL (spa balcony, Haven, etc), I would have had 3200-3500 points if I had taken those comparable cruises on MSC.

Has anyone else who was matched to a level below gold or black had a similar experience? Is it worth calling MSC to inquire about matching at a higher level?

They match you to the equivalent level of perks not the number of nights you have cruised. so you have fallen between the cracks which is unfortunate for you.

When they allocate the points they start you with the allocated minimum points for that level

so for Classic it is indeed 1 point

for silver they give 2200

for gold they give 4300

for black they give 10,000

sorry to disappoint you but that is the way they operate their scheme

Pete

I´m on the same boat. Failry new to cruising. I have 32 points with NCL (Silver) and did the status match which made me Classic.

Didn´t really see the point as they were offering me 100 points just to register to the MSC Voyager club which would also put me on the Classic level anyway. But well.

I have 105 days on Crystal Cruises and received silver!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's not about number of days cruising !!

It's about equivalent benefits. Obviously Crystal aren't as generous as MSC in their benefits.

Anyone have an idea what Platinum on Royal Caribbean would convert to?

Royal Caribbean Status Match as of June 19, 2017:

Royal Caribbean Gold = MSC Classic

Royal Caribbean Platinum = MSC Silver

Royal Caribbean Emerald = MSC Gold

Royal Caribbean Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club = MSC Black

Hope this helps.

Bret

After 5 cruises Crystal give $300 OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've looked up the crystal loyalty benefits and apart from OBC you get a cocktail party and a pin.

that is all MSC have to compare with so it's not surprising that they don't match at a higher level.

Considering that many people are getting the top level on MCS without having cruised with them before is amazingly generous of MSC. I don't see another cruise line rushing to do a similar status match.

Some of us got the black card by earning it through cruising with MSC and now they give them to all and sundry.

It's possible to get a Black card even if you have never ever been on a cruise, purely by staying in hotels and getting status on the hotels loyalty program.

There is a saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth",

Crystals loyalty club benefits table

crystal%20loyalty.jpg

Pete

They match you to the equivalent level of perks not the number of nights you have cruised. so you have fallen between the cracks which is unfortunate for you.

When they allocate the points they start you with the allocated minimum points for that level

so for Classic it is indeed 1 point

for silver they give 2200

for gold they give 4300

for black they give 10,000

sorry to disappoint you but that is the way they operate their scheme

Pete

I'm actually not disappointed at all as I did get the 5% discount applied to my booking. Mostly I was just curious as to what levels others in my situation were matched to and hoping that MSC got it right

NCL Status Match as of June 19, 2017:

NCL Bronze & Silver = MSC Classic

NCL Gold = MSC Silver

NCL Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador = MSC Black

Hope this helps.

Bret

So there is no NCL level that qualifies for Gold level on MSC?

I'm actually not disappointed at all as I did get the 5% discount applied to my booking. Mostly I was just curious as to what levels others in my situation were matched to and hoping that MSC got it right

So there is no NCL level that qualifies for Gold level on MSC?

Some people were given MSC Gold for NCL Silver

as per this post

Posted June 3rd, 2016, 06:29PM

Last edited by AEckhardt; June3rd, 2016 at 06:31 PM

I'm veryhappy that I just got matched Gold for my NCL Silver. I was 7 points away from NCLGold and was actually researching squeezing in another NCL cruise before our Divina cruise just to upour MSC status. Looks like I don't have to now! ( but might anyway png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAAEAAAABAQMAAAAl21bKAAAAA1BMVEUAAACnej3aAAAAAXRSTlMAQObYZgAAAApJREFUCNdjYAAAAAIAAeIhvDMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=) Pretty excited about it!

but since then NCL have revamped their program and added new tiers so now there is some uncertainty as to what would match with gold

as per this quote

.Platinum on NCL used to be Black on MSC but NCL now added Platinum Plus and Ambassador sonow you have to be Ambassador to get MSC Black, NCL Platinum Plus is MSC Gold and NCL Platinum is MSC Silver

Originallyposted by tallyho8 Not any more. Platinum on NCLused to be Black on MSC but NCLnow added Platinum Plus and Ambassador so now you have to be Ambassador to getMSC Black, NCL Platinum Plusis MSC Gold and NCLPlatinum is MSC Silver.

They have reportedlyadjusted the lower levels on NCL downwards for Status Match, but I would be very surprisedif Platinum Plus only matches to Gold. That would be really laughable.

• 8 months later...
I applied for a MSC match last week with NCL platinum and was given black status.

I matched from NCL Platinum to MSC Black.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When did you apply relative to when you made booking and when you sail?

We booked with MSC in May for a sailing in November but have been holding off on the status match as we attain Platinum on NCL in October

When did you apply relative to when you made booking and when you sail?

We booked with MSC in May for a sailing in November but have been holding off on the status match as we attain Platinum on NCL in October

I think your question basically boils down to how fast will MSC match your application. Typically it is a couple weeks from most reports with a range of within hours to people having to re-submit.

I'd wait for NCL Platinum (usually within 48 hours of end of trip), do screenshot, send app to MSC if you have a couple weeks. If you don't hear, contact them.

NCL Plat/ Plus= Black

Submitted status match in April before points from 40 day NCL cruise posted. Sent in screen shot of Platinum card from NCL. Did not see the need to wait as both Plat and Plat Plus got Black.

Booked MSC cruise in May and asked for 5% discount even though status had not been confirmed.

Took 4 weeks to get reply that we were matched to Black

Black Card status added to reservation and re-priced. Do not cruise until next March. Final Payment December.