New Internet Packages - Seaside

mSev7n

I guess the most interesting thing so far about MSC, is stuff changes DAILY.

You no longer have the option of Social, Surfer, or Streamer packages.

You now have even larger (GB) options to choose from. Premium or Standard. I kind of wish I would have purchased the surfer package for ~$49 while it was available, but it was for 800 MB I believe. I only needed it for work e-mail and occasionally answering hotel bid requests. But at least for $79 they've pretty much close to doubled what you get for data.

attachment.php?attachmentid=416044&stc=1&d=1520654858

New_Internet_Packages.thumb.PNG.1ffde91259aaedd545189378d230dc19.PNG

Here's the latest prices (in AUD) for the same internet packages.

By my calculations - accounting for conversion rates between AUD and USD (1.27353 AUD to the USD), even adding the 18% surcharge when onboard, it may be cheaper to purchase then.

(USD79.90 * 1.27353) * 1.18 = AUD120. Still AUD30 cheaper than what MSC want when pre-purchasing the Standard Package within the Australian website ... or AUD50 more if we were able to pre-purchase at the AUD equivalent of the US price!

Goes to show you how "premiums" are applied to different markets. Shame MSC. Shame! :mad:

Internet_Packages_AUD_20180310.thumb.jpg.c11c586581b0378efb4d5a0b62b6331b.jpg

Here's the latest prices (in AUD) for the same internet packages.

By my calculations - accounting for conversion rates between AUD and USD (1.27353 AUD to the USD), even adding the 18% surcharge when onboard, it may be cheaper to purchase then.

(USD79.90 * 1.27353) * 1.18 = AUD120. Still AUD30 cheaper than what MSC want when pre-purchasing the Standard Package within the Australian website ... or AUD50 more if we were able to pre-purchase at the AUD equivalent of the US price!

Goes to show you how "premiums" are applied to different markets. Shame MSC. Shame! :mad:

[ATTACH]416046[/ATTACH]

I actually thought it was good value as the "surfer"package I bought for Au$77 was for only 1200mb ...so double would be $154 and you are getting 5GB which is more than 4 x 1200mb...hoping I can upgrade it to the new package for hubby and myself

Just wondering if the US$ 79.90 is for one week and only 2GB?

For the prices the previous poster listed in the picture above in US dollars, it is 6 Gig and 3 Gig packages. This is what is listed for my April 7th sailing.

Thanks Tallthensome.

I just realised where the differences *may* lie here.

I'm on a 14 day B2B - so maybe it's pricing it out for that long vs a 7-day?

How long is your sailing? If shorter - it'd be interesting to understand the USD price (and GB) for the 14-days!

The surcharge on MSC is 15%. I don't think it's added to the internet packages - though I'm open to correction on that. I can't remember paying it the last time I had one. :confused:

Thanks for the clarification Bea. I must be confusing with RCI that I just booked on which definitely is 18% :)

Yep - would much rather not pay a 15% uplift. :cool:

It is for my standard 7 day ......

Thanks for the quick response tallnthensome!

Hopefully someone can let me know the 14-day pricings for me to compare - to decide if to prepurchase or wait until onboard.

Cheers...

Thanks for the quick response tallnthensome!

Hopefully someone can let me know the 14-day pricings for me to compare - to decide if to prepurchase or wait until onboard.

Cheers...

I purchased standard (3.5 GB) for 14 nights on the Meraviglia for $81.50. CRAZY good deal, all things considered.

For the prices the previous poster listed in the picture above in US dollars, it is 6 Gig and 3 Gig packages. This is what is listed for my April 7th sailing.

Correct, my apologies. I did this late at night and didn’t realize I hadn’t included the GB size in the photo. :)

Just off Seaside, had Surfer package included which I thought was 800 or 880 MB, but turned out to be 3,000 MB for 2 devices. Day 4 running low and had two choices to buy.

1,200 MB for $30 (2 devices) or 6,000 for $44.01 (4 devices), this second one purportedly represented a $99 reduction in price. Bought the second one as we had two full sea days to go.

Two items of interest, use up all or most of your time before purchasing a second package, there is NO carryover of time. Second, on day 5 (of 7) another package was offered at a price much higher than $44 and MB’s much lower, I can’t recall the details. It may be a MSC strategy on day 5 if you need internet access, you’ll pay anything. All US pricing.

Just off Seaside, had Surfer package included which I thought was 800 or 880 MB, but turned out to be 3,000 MB for 2 devices. Day 4 running low and had two choices to buy.

1,200 MB for $30 (2 devices) or 6,000 for $44.01 (4 devices), this second one purportedly represented a $99 reduction in price. Bought the second one as we had two full sea days to go.

Two items of interest, use up all or most of your time before purchasing a second package, there is NO carryover of time. Second, on day 5 (of 7) another package was offered at a price much higher than $44 and MB’s much lower, I can’t recall the details. It may be a MSC strategy on day 5 if you need internet access, you’ll pay anything. All US pricing.

I kind of wish I would have gone ahead and purchased the Surfer package. I only need internet for work e-mail and bidding on business. Darn. It looks like according to the new packages available for pre-purchase that I have $79 for 3GB. Nervous to buy now or wait if prices get better or worse with how often things change with MSC.

I kind of wish I would have gone ahead and purchased the Surfer package. I only need internet for work e-mail and bidding on business. Darn. It looks like according to the new packages available for pre-purchase that I have $79 for 3GB. Nervous to buy now or wait if prices get better or worse with how often things change with MSC.

You can always cancel, why not buy now and if there's a better price cancel and re-buy?

Did you remember to keep turning the Wi-fi off after you used it? I had loads left at the end of the week!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can always cancel, why not buy now and if there's a better price cancel and re-buy?

Good point. I'll go ahead and purchase. I didn't think about the option to cancel on pre-purchased items.

Did you remember to keep turning the Wi-fi off after you used it? I had loads left at the end of the week!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't sailed yet. But yes, on NCL I always logged out of the Wi-Fi account to conserve minutes and I'll do the same to conserve data on MSC (NCL does time and not consumption). I really don't need much, just enough to run e-mail, load images and download/upload documents. That's why I was mentioning I should have grabbed the Surfer package while available.

I wanted to mention someone else in another post mentioned that MSC guest service made him re-purchase Wi-Fi as the one that was pre-booked was no longer available and is the reason they couldn't activate their Wi-Fi (I also realize this couldn't be one of those mixed bag customer service help issues... it may have been that they didn't know how to fix their issue other than make them re-purchase and credit them for the original package). They had changed the MB size or something. His package went from ~850MB to 3GB. I'm wondering if the same is going to happen to everyone that's purchased the Social, Surfer or Streamer? Those on this current week's sailing should be able to let us know as the Wi-Fi packages changed this past Friday night/Saturday morning on the US site.

im sailing seaside in april and purchased the surfer $44 package only last week. I do see its now removed from website.

i was speaking with MSC today on something else, and mentioned the internet.

I referenced that ppl are suggesting you now have to purchase the package which is at least basically double the cost. Agent assused me absolutely not.

The old package no longer exists, and when i board it will not work. We will receive the standard package ( which is bigger than the surfer) and will not have to pay any extra for it.

as always, i call back a second time knowing i will likely get a different agent, as often it depends on who you speak to what answers you receive..

second agent gave me exact same explanation. Anyone who prepurchased willl receive the upgraded standard package but no additional cost. Very nice.

Wow. Very nice deal. [emoji108][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As we all know several months ago the MSC prepaid Internet package choices changed. For my upcoming 14-day MSC Seaside cruise, these are the two I can buy in advance and they’re big. Can someone please post the Internet prices that are currently available on MSC Seaside?

$191.90 Premium Internet. Up to 4 devices. Data limit: 10 GB.

$119.90 Standard Internet. Up to 2 devices. Data limit: 5 GB.

Thanks in advance!

Exact same price for our upcoming 14 day cruise on june 30. Has been that price since i started looking about 3 months ago.

As we all know several months ago the MSC prepaid Internet package choices changed. For my upcoming 14-day MSC Seaside cruise, these are the two I can buy in advance and they’re big. Can someone please post the Internet prices that are currently available on MSC Seaside?

$191.90 Premium Internet. Up to 4 devices. Data limit: 10 GB.

$119.90 Standard Internet. Up to 2 devices. Data limit: 5 GB.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Exact same price for our upcoming 14 day cruise on june 30. Has been that price since i started looking about 3 months ago.

When you’re on your cruise, could you please let me know the price of what the Internet packages are (and the per minute pricing is) if you buy them while ON the ship? I cruise in November and I’m not sure that I need to spend this much money on Internet but if they only sell large packages on the ship and they are more expensive than these two, then I will buy one of these in advance. So, if you can take a photo of the pricing on the ship and then post it after you get home, that would be great!