4-12-18 Thursday Weigh-In...

Belle

Good morning. Down 1 today. That'll do I guess.

I've really enjoyed writing some old friends this week. Its a shame that seems to be such a thing of the past. Its all texts and tweets these days. I miss writing letters/emails and thats probably why I get wordier here than I need to. ;) Anyway, I'm at spridlewv at gmail if anyone wants to chat. :)

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Mike

Last week was a down week for me. No need to put a number next to the loss since I figure a lot of it was water weight which is nice.

Afternoon times is the hardest. Work responsibilities seem to cascade through lunch time to the end of the day which I use as an excuse to neglect my focus. I plan on focusing on this behavior this week since it feels like my largest obstacle in keeping the momentum from last week going.

The art of writing a letter feels almost lost. It is a true joy to get one in the mail from a friend/loved one that took the time and thought to write to you. Belle thank you for the short sweet motivation on this Thursday morning.

Here’s to a successful week ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Down 1.2# - happy dance :D but still a long way to go. At least it's in the right direction now

I also tend to be a wordy writer. I struggle feeling I express myself in brief texts. Last week our daughter sent thank-you cards to those who supported her on her mission trip. She included a typed summary but also had a hand-written note in each card and I was impressed with the time and care she put in each one.

Congrats....Your all winners and have a win.

I stayed the same which is a win to me, yesterday was food and drinks.

Mike yes no one writes anymore or send cards. I don't mind e-mails or

cards through the internet but I won't do texts or tweets. So impersonal.

I want phone calls not texts. I like talking to people if not in person at least

on the phone-

That's just me. I know it's the way of the world. Do most young people

know how to write letters or talk on the phone?:D Or really talk to each

other. So funny..you see a group of young people and no one is talking.

Saw a couple on a date. Both on phone not talking. Food came talked a

little between food and phone. Why bother going out if not talking to each other.

Their all on their phones, texting or playing games!:eek: Ok rant over!

ncovert..It was nice to get letters in the mail. I sent a few cards to a few friends this

week and they were so happy to get them.

It's nice you found a time that staying on track is hard and going to try and fix it.

Good job.

pacruise..Congrats to your daughter for doing that. You taught her well. I to am a

wordier person, as you can tell by this post. Sure I could say same thing in less words but why?

Kit..Never get discourage, know it's hard to at times. You think you should lose

more weight being good. But our bodies have a mind of their own. Be happy

you had a loss!

Everyone have a good weekend and week. Hope to see you here during the week.

Hi, all. I am back from my cruise. We had an awesome time.

Congrats to all of you. It's great to see that everyone had a loss. Not me!! LOL I am up 2.6 but I am not upset about it. I expected to gain something over 12 days of eating out.

Now, I have to work on losing it before my cruise in July. 10.6 lbs is my final goal.

Rose

Hey Rose! Welcome home. 2.6 in 12 days is pretty good. I’ll be gone 10days in June and I figure I’ll be double that. But I agree with you, no worries, gotta enjoy yourself on a cruise!

Hi, all. I am back from my cruise. We had an awesome time.

Congrats to all of you. It's great to see that everyone had a loss. Not me!! LOL I am up 2.6 but I am not upset about it. I expected to gain something over 12 days of eating out.

Now, I have to work on losing it before my cruise in July. 10.6 lbs is my final goal.

Rose

Welcome home! That's not a bad gain for almost 2 weeks:) If you are like me, much of that is probably water weight and should come off quickly.

Your goal is very doable at less than 1#/week. You've got this!

Hi - I am Elaine from RI and cruising in July. I got out all my old (10yr old) Weight Watcher materials and started counting points the old fashioned way. Last week I dropped 5 pounds, this week 2 pounds. I haven't adjusted any of my food habits up through dinner, but I am just tweaking my meal portions and not snacking while I am cooking dinner. Have also added a little excercise but was out of commission this week due to plantar fascitis which I get whenever I get back to excercising! If I drop another 10 pounds before my cruise, I would be a happy camper.

Hi - I am Elaine from RI and cruising in July. I got out all my old (10yr old) Weight Watcher materials and started counting points the old fashioned way. Last week I dropped 5 pounds, this week 2 pounds. I haven't adjusted any of my food habits up through dinner, but I am just tweaking my meal portions and not snacking while I am cooking dinner. Have also added a little excercise but was out of commission this week due to plantar fascitis which I get whenever I get back to excercising! If I drop another 10 pounds before my cruise, I would be a happy camper.

Welcome Elaine:)

PF is sooo painful! There are some stretches that help, and if you freeze a partially filled soda or water bottle you can roll your foot over it for temporary pain relief. The best thing that helped mine was getting properly fitted for a good running shoe at a running store and having good insoles for them (mine are Aetrex).

Portion control is huge for me. I've often heard that weight loss/weight management is 80% diet and only 20% exercise.

Good for you in taking care of yourself:halo:

Welcome Elaine! Glad to hear you’re making progress.

I’ll second the 80/20 and need for portion control. I walked regularly for a couple years before I started losing weight. That only happened after changing my diet. Together however it works!

Portions are everything too. I don’t deny myself anything, but just keep it reasonable.

Hello All

Rose Welcome Back! Hope you had a good cruise. You'll get the

weight off soon. Bet a pound by next week. Water weight?

Great you have another bto look forward to.

Mike you said being gone ten days in June a cruise or land trip? Always

nice to look forward to something. Mike in losing your weight you ate everything

but just used portion control with exercise. Good job.

pacruise how are you doing this week? Is your foot all well now?

Elaine Welcome! Your off to a great start with seven pounds lost.

Nice you have a cruise planned in July too.

Jo where are you?

Shootr you've been missing awhile.

In my post yesterday, hope I didn't offend anyone talking about text's and tweets.

Know texts are quick way to keep in touch with others, I just like the phone.

Wishing you all nice weather for the weekend and you enjoy yourselves whatever you do.

Good morning folks. Probably should clarify. The bulk of what I eat is good stuff. When I said I don’t deny myself stuff, I just meant that if I want pizza, cheeseburgers, or some other greasy treat I don’t worry about it. Behave 80% of the time and eating reasonable portions of junk doesn’t completely derail you. Sorry.

We’re sailing an 8day on Carnival Horizon in mid June and spending a couple days in NYC prior. Son and I are going to Pittsburgh two days before that so a possibility exists to extend by another 2 days and just head to New York from Pittsburgh. We’d get to see some new territory in central PA that way. The extension is up to my wife. I’m certainly flexible. So yes, 10-12 days of vacation will translate to ugly on the scale, but I trust it’ll be worth it. It always is. [emoji846]

Have a great weekend!

Mike

Hi all!

I'm here & have been following but not responding.

I'm down 0.6 lbs so am happy to be headed in the right direction, slowly but surely.

I am one who likes to email rather than talk on the phone generally speaking, as you can email when you feel like it.

I do send cards especially at Christmas when I write something in all of them & birthday cards for my family members.

I like getting mail & feel that it supports my pension, lol!;)

I did check out one of our former posters from ME & see she is still on CC & cruising, just not popping in here.:(

I'm not so patiently awaiting Spring! It snowed & freezing rained here yesterday & today.:mad:

Have a great week!

~ Jo ~ :)

Jo Good to see you. Please don't stay away. Glad you had a loss.

I e-mail, I just don't texts. My "kids" wish I would but then I would

never hear their voices!:D I like the phone better. As I said ..just me!:)

I know I miss all the people that use to come in. Diana should be back in May.

Don't know where shootr or the rest are.

Rain here again, tired of it but least not snow that some of you are getting.

Being a Ca girl don't think I could live in it.

Have a good week everyone!

Happy Monday all! Hope everyone had a good weekend.

We behaved overall with the diet, splurged a little with calories on some wine:wine-glass: but didn't eat out/order in and kept meal portions reasonable.

Started a running class on Saturday. Doing a C25K approach our group ran just over 2 miles in 30 minutes, so a nice comfortable start. Two more runs planned before this Saturday.

I probably prefer phone calls the most, but also appreciate a letter. Texts have their place too, and are a very convenient way to communicate with people during the day (esp. if they can't take a call). What I mostly dislike are the old chain e-mails or generic FB posts that aren't really a conversation. I want to feel like I connected with the person I guess.

We’re sailing an 8day on Carnival Horizon in mid June and spending a couple days in NYC prior. Son and I are going to Pittsburgh two days before that so a possibility exists to extend by another 2 days and just head to New York from Pittsburgh. We’d get to see some new territory in central PA that way. The extension is up to my wife. I’m certainly flexible. So yes, 10-12 days of vacation will translate to ugly on the scale, but I trust it’ll be worth it. It always is. [emoji846]

Have a great weekend!

Mike

I'm in this area:D. If you want to share some of what you are interested in I can try to offer some suggestions as a local - there's a lot to see and do for such a rural area.

I'm in this area:D. If you want to share some of what you are interested in I can try to offer some suggestions as a local - there's a lot to see and do for such a rural area.

Oh yeah? Cool thanks. If we do that option, I thought we’d work our way over to State College and then 80 from there. I’ve been on 80 in the Clarion area but that’s about it. And we’ve crossed the GW bridge in the other direction, but have never gone into the city that way. Probably wouldn’t want to stray too much from that general path but any tips are appreciated. Is there anything worth seeing in the Poconos near 80 or are those highlights mostly north of there?

Mike

Oh yeah? Cool thanks. If we do that option, I thought we’d work our way over to State College and then 80 from there. I’ve been on 80 in the Clarion area but that’s about it. And we’ve crossed the GW bridge in the other direction, but have never gone into the city that way. Probably wouldn’t want to stray too much from that general path but any tips are appreciated. Is there anything worth seeing in the Poconos near 80 or are those highlights mostly north of there?

Mike

Small world - husband & I graduated from Clarion:)

I'm not very familiar with the Poconos, but it didn't seem like there was much right off 80 that we were interested in in the eastern edge of PA.

There's a great family amusement park - Knoebels in Elysburg - but it might be too much off the path for you. Free parking & admission, reasonably priced rides and food.

State College has lots to offer. If you're coming through near a meal time they have a Chick-fil-a (closed Sunday) as a nice fast food option, and also a great local place Otto's Brew Pub that we found earlier this year if you are looking for sit down. I haven't been myself, but the caves always looked interesting (Penns or Woodward).

South Williamsport is home to the Little League museum. I think it is less than 30 minutes north of 80 from US15.

If you get on 80 at 99/Bellefonte, the next exit (Lamar) usually has decent gas prices. The Buckhorn/Bloomsburg exit is probably your next best pricing without getting into towns. Double check your map for rest areas. One direction has several (I think east bound) and the other has hardly any. There's one near the Jersey Shore exit (around 191?), one around Milton (215) and I think one in the 240's. Might not be another until New Jersey.

Buckhorn exit also has a Quaker Steak & Lube. We used to go to the original in Sharon years ago and the franchises don't seem quite as good to me, but they are wings;)

We stopped at the Tannersville Outlets on the way home last fall from NY. They were ok but not near as nice as Grove City.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Wow, thanks for all the information! I really appreciate it. We’ve been up 81 once as far as Scranton, but other than that the area north of 78 in east central PA is new to us. Probably another month or so we’ll decide. I’ll keep you posted.

Mike