Post your azamara drinks ordering experiences here

uktog

To help avoid the thread on the drinks menu getting out of hand, it is suggested that we start this new thread for current guests to share their experience. It would be helpful when posting experiences if a common format as used in the post

Date

Ship

Drink being ordered

Outcome

Any variances (e.g. did you get it made with included drinks if it was a cocktail not shown as being included, did the server want to charge you)

The purpose is to get a picture of what is happening re cocktails/martini orders with the new format of the menu. The hope is that this is a short lived thread given the reassurances that Richard Twynham has given, but in the unlikely event there are issues, it may help Azamara know where the problems are.

To help avoid the thread on the drinks menu getting out of hand, it is suggested that we start this new thread for current guests to share their experience. It would be helpful when posting experiences if a common format as used in the post

Date

Ship

Drink being ordered

Outcome

Any variances (e.g. did you get it made with included drinks if it was a cocktail not shown as being included, did the server want to charge you)

The purpose is to get a picture of what is happening re cocktails/martini orders with the new format of the menu. The hope is that this is a short lived thread given the reassurances that Richard Twynham has given, but in the unlikely event there are issues, it may help Azamara know where the problems are.

Did you mean to say (e.g. did you get it made with the included spirits if it was a cocktail not shown as being included.....)

Did you mean to say (e.g. did you get it made with the included spirits if it was a cocktail not shown as being included.....)

Yes I did

Sent from my iPad using Forums

23 May to 1 June, Quest, Cosmopolitan martini, drink made and no charge - the barman at the sunset bar who will be well known to many of you was very happy to make the drink. However, on asking for the drink there was another staff member near by who questioned the decision. As I had a good relationship with the barman he stood his ground and the drink was made. The result of this interaction was that I became a little uncomfortable asking for this drink again as I felt it was asking for a favour. It’s always felt a bit like this anyway, and with some bar staff refusing to make it even in the past. These were the first cruises with the new list and many staff seemed very unsure of what was going on. It didn’t help that many guests on the 4 day cruises had paid for packages and were very much making the most of it!

On the upside I can confirm that the original furniture is still in place in both specialty restaurants, the staff are as friendly and as excellent as ever, and both the white nights were fabulous.

Even 3 years ago I had difficulty getting a Mojito cocktail made with the included spirits, there was only one bartender happy to make it for me. We share a name :)

It will be interesting to see how these requests are handled

For the avoidance of doubt the purpose of this thread is to share experiences of what drinks people have been able to order with the included drinks and what variations to the menu they have been able to enjoy by having charged for drinks made for no charge with included spirits or other slight changes to the original menu. I am trying to be helpful to those who may, understandably, still be confused as to what options they have. Confusion can stem from a range of sources including personal ignorance of the constituents of cocktails and hopefully this will help give comfort and reassurances all round.

It may be that inconsistencies come to light between the two ships. If that happens it will get noted I am sure.

For the avoidance of doubt the purpose of this thread is to share experiences of what drinks people have been able to order with the included drinks and what variations to the menu they have been able to enjoy by having charged for drinks made for no charge with included spirits or other slight changes to the original menu. I am trying to be helpful to those who may, understandably, still be confused as to what options they have. Confusion can stem from a range of sources including personal ignorance of the constituents of cocktails and hopefully this will help give comfort and reassurances all round.

It may be that inconsistencies come to light between the two ships. If that happens it will get noted I am sure.

UK Tog, I appreciate greatly your calm and measured response to a somewhat hysterical post.

I will be onboard with Lottie, Spursgirl etc and have on previous occasions noted their special relationships with the many crew members they have sailed with before. I will as others have said, request a cocktail, with included ingredients and I am sure that I will enjoy the drink that is served. We will smile and be polite and if there are any issues they will be taken up with the Management. I do not anticipate such an action will be necessary. The unanswered question is exactly what will be the experience of the large majority onboard who have no idea about cruise critic and this thread.

As a cruiser new to Azamara (1st cruise in August) I appreciate this thread. Thanks for posting. :)

I know the thread said for current cruisers to post, but here was our experience in April:

Sailing date: 4/20/18

Ship: Quest

Drink requested: Rum Runner

Outcome: told it was no longer included (the ship no longer carried the ingredients)

I also ordered one of the non-alcoholic frozen drinks that was still on the menu and was told they didn't make it anymore.

We were told on Journey that the supplier for the frozen drinks mix has been changed and Frozen Cappuccino is no longer available. Don’t know if it impacts any other drinks but they seemed to have all the normal fruit flavours.

I know the thread said for current cruisers to post, but here was our experience in April:

Sailing date: 4/20/18

Ship: Quest

Drink requested: Rum Runner

Outcome: told it was no longer included (the ship no longer carried the ingredients)

I also ordered one of the non-alcoholic frozen drinks that was still on the menu and was told they didn't make it anymore.

Interesting as it’s on the new list so all the ingredients must still be stocked, obviously it could only include the Mount Gay rum not the dark & light Bacardi.

We were told on Journey that the supplier for the frozen drinks mix has been changed and Frozen Cappuccino is no longer available. Don’t know if it impacts any other drinks but they seemed to have all the normal fruit flavours.

Oh no! I used to love my frozen cappuccino shots. They used to put a bit of vodka in the top for me. Delicious:)

Phil

Oh no! I used to love my frozen cappuccino shots. They used to put a bit of vodka in the top for me. Delicious[emoji4]

Phil

Yes we were disappointed as it was our morning drink of choice, without vodka [emoji56], on a hot sea day.

Maybe we should start a campaign to bring back Frozen Cappuccino!

Interesting as it’s on the new list so all the ingredients must still be stocked, obviously it could only include the Mount Gay rum not the dark & light Bacardi.

Rum Runner is not on the new cocktail menu you posted. It was on the old menu, which was what the bars on Quest all still had in April.

0fd38f1f3609abfa8fc92328a3f49221.jpg

No it’s still on the Frozen Cocktails list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I meant it is no longer on the included list, and that's kind of how this whole thing got started--wondering if the cocktails now not listed as included would still be offered.

I have to say I like the sound of a frozen Spicy Mango Margarita and Frozen Sangria and I won't mind paying for them at all.

I'm not a fan of the sweet cocktails and these sound very different.

Mmmm, often have a standard frozen margarita (included spirit), May have to have added jalapeño in it:D

I meant it is no longer on the included list, and that's kind of how this whole thing got started--wondering if the cocktails now not listed as included would still be offered.

Not to cloud this thread with information from the other but the answer from Bonnie & Richard Twynam was yes, this confirmed information we received on Journey after the initial confusion.

I believe the purpose of this thread is to see if there are any problems or confusions ongoing.

I have to say I like the sound of a frozen Spicy Mango Margarita and Frozen Sangria and I won't mind paying for them at all.

I'm not a fan of the sweet cocktails and these sound very different.

Lottie we can confirm the Frozen Sangria is very nice and not too sweet at all.

Not to cloud this thread with information from the other but the answer from Bonnie & Richard Twynam was yes, this confirmed information we received on Journey after the initial confusion.

I believe the purpose of this thread is to see if there are any problems or confusions ongoing.

I understand that, but my point is if things haven't changed, then my husband should have been able to have received a Rum Runner, as it was previously included (and listed on the "included" cocktail menu).