Earning Free Nights

beachseeker

We moved from Discover to Discover Plus on our last Celebrity cruise and have five cruises on both Celebrity and Azamara. According to all that I have read, we should receive 6 free nights. Should we receive something (cerfiticate, email, etc) from Azamara?

No, you don’t get anything to show it. If you book a cruise in the next year you need to make sure you tell your TA or Azamara that you should get 6 free nights. Note though that you can’t combine the free nights with any other promotion, but you can use it with the booking onboard benefits.

We used our 4 free nights for a North Cape cruise and booked it onboard so we still got the LCV discount, the OBC for booking onboard and the reduced deposit. We chose that cruise because the North Cape cruises are so popular that they are rarely on promotion. At the bottom of this page is the information about free nights https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-benefits

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From memory there is conditions of something about ‘during the last two years 50% of your cruise history must be on Azamara’ to quality for the free nights. We’ve used our six free night last cruise going from discoverer to discoverer plus. We had no email but our emails from Azamara and LCV were hit and miss during that period.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hmmm....seems to be the typical Azamara response. Some people get confirmation and some people don’t. We received 4 free nights 2 years ago but we booked the free nights on the same cruise that we earned them. This time we were on Celebrity and did not already have a cruise plan for redeeming them. Silly me, I thought we would receive an official notice. I’m sure all will work out when we decide on a cruise. Thank you for your replies.

I wouldn’t ever expect Azamara or any cruise line to notify me when I moved up in rank or earned a new perk. They keep track of thousands of people

I wouldn’t ever expect Azamara or any cruise line to notify me when I moved up in rank or earned a new perk. They keep track of thousands of people

Well at least one person did. I would agree that most cruise lines do not acknowledge a move in tier level but when free nights are awarded I would think there might be a paper trail.

I am glad they notified me, or I would have had no idea.

It's a simple enough thing to program an automatic e-mail once a cruiser has met certain criteria--they aren't using paper and pencil.

We did receive and e-mail telling us that we had earned 6 free nights, but unfortunately, the very cruise we booked with this in mind, whilst on board, apparently cannot be used to redeem said nights, despite the future cruise member of staff on the ship assuring us this would work.........we still have the paperwork with all his quotes....so..... we now find that we have to add another future cruise to those we have already booked....mmmmm????

Were you told why you couldn’t use them. We used ours to book a cruise onboard during the cruise on which we earned them, but we knew we couldn’t get any other promotions on the cruise other than the LCV percentage discount. Maybe you should write to Richard Twynam about it at RTwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

We recently booked onboard using the free nights we were due to earn on that cruise, the process was very easy and quick enough to earn the $300 OBC for bookings in the first half of the cruise.

Everything had to be referred to Miami but their response was always received promptly. Booking was confirmed and passed to our travel agent before we left the ship and we were only on an eight day cruise.

We have now been told that only a brand new booking can be used to redeem these free nights.....by Guatemala.. despite assuring the guy that we had been advised on board to book the cruise and then apply the free nights once we had received the e-mail confirmation once we got home. We queried it again with LCV and the response has come back as the same alas.... we MUST book the cruise AFTER we have earned the free nights. None of our current bookings can count. (Two of these made on the cruise which earned the free nights.....so that the free nights could be applied later. )

We recently booked onboard using the free nights we were due to earn on that cruise, the process was very easy and quick enough to earn the $300 OBC for bookings in the first half of the cruise.

Everything had to be referred to Miami but their response was always received promptly. Booking was confirmed and passed to our travel agent before we left the ship and we were only on an eight day cruise.

That was our experience, except the confirmation took a couple of weeks. For us, the process worked just fine.

Bonnie - could you check this out when you get a minute.....doesn't seem quite right that Azamara (via telephone) in Guatemala are giving different advice from the future cruise staff on Quest as recently as March 2018. This advice was then backed up and confirmed by their LCV person apparently.... also at the end of the phone. Thanks.

We have now been told that only a brand new booking can be used to redeem these free nights.....by Guatemala.. despite assuring the guy that we had been advised on board to book the cruise and then apply the free nights once we had received the e-mail confirmation once we got home. We queried it again with LCV and the response has come back as the same alas.... we MUST book the cruise AFTER we have earned the free nights. None of our current bookings can count. (Two of these made on the cruise which earned the free nights.....so that the free nights could be applied later. )

I think Guatemala and LCV are right it’s the advice onboard that was incorrect.

We enquired day 1 about the cruise we wanted to book with the free nights that was then put on hold, a request was made to Miami to apply the points for the current cruise early activating the free nights. Once this was confirmed by Miami which took about 36 hours the booking was made but was again sent to Miami for the free nights to be applied, everything was confirmed and I received a booking confirmation about 2 days later.

This was in May this year but we had previously asked about the process on Quest last September so we knew the right question to ask.

In November 2017 we were onboard Quest and gained the required points to earn the free nights on the last night of this 16 night cruise. Made an appointment at the cruise desk and highlighted this to them & the cruise we wanted to book with our 4 free nights. All came back from Miami all processed & passed on to our TA within 48 hours. We actually booked it at around day 5 of the cruise, but they took into account that the LCV points would be gained.

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

In November 2017 we were onboard Quest and gained the required points to earn the free nights on the last night of this 16 night cruise. Made an appointment at the cruise desk and highlighted this to them & the cruise we wanted to book with our 4 free nights. All came back from Miami all processed & passed on to our TA within 48 hours. We actually booked it at around day 5 of the cruise, but they took into account that the LCV points would be gained.

Karyn

That’s exactly what happened to us last November too.

Karyn

We too booked a new cruise onboard after earning the 4 free nights on the cruise we were sailing on. Had no problem and we had a lovely cruise last October. However, this time we changed levels after sailing on Celebrity so I was hoping for an official paper showing the 6 free nights earned.

• 1 month later...

An update..... we did not receive any notification that we had earned the six days. We found a cruise that we were interested in booking for 2020 and surprisingly there were only a few N1 and N2 cabins still available. I was surprised that it was filling up this far out and thought maybe they were only showing a few available rooms instead of all that are available but I checked a couple of other sites and all showed the same rooms. So, I called and was told the procedure is to book the cruise then in a couple of days we would receive a new invoice showing the new fare with the 6 free nights included. Skeptical, but I proceeded and booked. The representative said I would have a new invoice by last Friday. On Wednesday, still no new invoice so I emailed the rep directly (I asked for his direct contact and he agreed to give it to me). In less than 10 minutes I had a new invoice with the fare reduced by 6 days. The gentleman that helped me on the phone was very friendly, helpful, and knowledable. I am very pleased. We have used the same travel agent for over 10 years and he has gone AWOL on us. Not answering phone or emails so this is the first time that I have booked directly with Azamara and so far a good experience.

In may case, I will move up a level during my cruise in December. My cruises in the last 2yrs have been on Azamara but most of my points were earned on Celebrity over many years. Is the rule specific to a timeframe for needing more on Azamara, or do they take into account which line you earned your total points?

Last time I enquired was told by on board sales team that at least 50% of cruises had to be with Azamara to qualify for free days

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for adding that important information.

Using the link below, scroll down to the heading: To Redeem.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-ca/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-benefits