7-5-18 Thursday Weigh-In..Fireworks Are Over And July Is Here!

Belle

Bright colors in the July sky

Summer going by fast..why

Did everyone enjoy their July Holiday

Waiting to weigh..hope it goes your way

Hamburgers, hot dogs, corn, s'mores and beer

Can make it hard for a loss to be near

Know everyone try's but Holiday's can give us trouble

If didn't do to well...then drink your water then double

Hats off to you all who have a loss

You told your body (brain,mouth) who's boss

Still have months to go this summer to stay home or travel and have fun

Can still lose weight and still enjoy ..................

Just Eat Less And Walk and Run

Edited by Belle

Hi.

I hope everyone had a nice 4th. I had an assignment due for class yesterday so I spent part of the day working on that. I did manage to get a walk in though to so that was nice. Down .2 this week. At this rate, I'm afraid it is going to take me years to lose these last 12 lbs.:(

Hi Everyone,

I weighed myself Wednesday. I lost 1 lb. That's 6 of the 7 lbs. I gained on our 6 week trip in March/April. Must lose more! Of course my loss was before we went on our overnight wine tasting trip. Hopefully next week I am not up.

Katmu, small gain but in the right direction.

Jan, sorry for the gain but it is small.

Belle, great poem. We had fun wine tasting but no fireworks.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Diana

Hello Everyone!

I didn't do as well as you three. Up a pound. Hope it's water weight.

Will see.

Katmu at least you had a loss. What classes are you taking? Sorry had

to work on the 4th.

Jan sorry for a stressful week. I forgot what your job is. Your gain was

so small. Hoping you have swoosh soon.

Diana glad you had fun on your wine trip. Hope your loss will stick.

Don't know why it's so hard to lose weight but it is! (n)

Hello Everyone!

I didn't do as well as you three. Up a pound. Hope it's water weight.

Will see.

Katmu at least you had a loss. What classes are you taking? Sorry had

to work on the 4th.

Jan sorry for a stressful week. I forgot what your job is. Your gain was

so small. Hoping you have swoosh soon.

Diana glad you had fun on your wine trip. Hope your loss will stick.

Don't know why it's so hard to lose weight but it is! (n)

Diana- a wine trip sounds like fun. Good job with the weight loss this week.

Jan- I can relate to the stressful week. On top of the people that were scheduled to be on vacation this week, we had another person who lost her dad on Wednesday and two other people who are sick with the same bug several others had last week. I'm hoping your week improves.

Belle- I'm sure it's water weight. We all have those weeks unfortunately.

My class is a liberal arts capstone class as I'm finally finishing my bachelors. Everyone at the university has to take this course, although they offer several variations of it including some that are held abroad. My version has an environmental justice focus. It's averaging around 400 pages of reading a week plus it's writing intensive so on top of work I don't have much free time right now.

Congrats to those who lost!

Must be "something in the air". I also so was up 0.2 this week. Wasn't "bad" but I wasn't "perfectly on plan" either. Same this week....no eating "bad" but not "on plan" either.

Belle....always a great poem!

Jan...sorry for the stressful week. Just trying to eat "on plan" is stressful enough but trying to do it along with "life stress" is really hard.

Hang in there everyone!!!!

Hi all!

Sounds like a mixed week of results!

Add me to the gainers, I'm up 0.4 lbs. Maybe I shouldn't have had that 2nd piece of pie at the fish dinner! I didn't eat the crust of either piece tho'.

Hope the coming week is less stressful & more rewarding than last!

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi everyone. Totally missed the fact yesterday was Thursday. I’m down another 2 this week, so the cruise weight is about gone. Time to set sail for a new December goal. I’d love to see 20 more, but that is a long shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I don't remember where everyone lives but hope your not in the very hot weather.

Cruise42 at least started the 3rd without a gain so if gained on the 4th maybe get some off

by Thursday.

Ski small gain bet you'll get it off Thursday.

Jo you did good eating just the fillings. I've been eating not much food but to many "carbs".

Mike great loss! No matter how much you lose my December (hope your 20 but if not) you'll be

less than you are today. So that's a win.

So katmu, Jan, Diana, Cruise42, Ski, Jo and Mike have a good Sunday and the rest of the week.

We have a small group this week. Where did everyone go? Is it because of summer? Or there

not doing well eating?

Please don't stay away if not eating right. Least coming that could help you not to gain to

much or maybe stay the same until your ready to lose.

We WELCOME new people to join us for the summer to help you to maintain your weight and

try not to gain the summer months. If you do gain it will be less because you come in here and are

aware of what your eating and will help you to eat less.

It helps to weigh-in each Thursday. Then we hope you'll stay the rest of the year.

Tips for Summer. Here's a few. Do you have some?

Try to drink water instead of surgery drinks or beer.

Try to have a salad prepared or have stuff to make one in fridge for quick eating.

Have SF FF jello made for quick sweet tooth moment.

Belle, sorry you gained.

Heat here is dreadful. I think our extended forecast is at least 100 daily through the end of July.

Jo, small gain.

Katmu, you are so busy. But making life better with education is great.

Skiiergirl, as we say staying the same is always better than a gain.

Mike, good loss for you. I bow to you for wanting to lose 20 by December. It takes me so long to lose. 2 months to lose 6 lbs...........

I have 10 weeks until our next cruise so trying to lose at least another 5 lbs.-8 lbs. We'll see.

Have a good everyone.

Diana

Thanks Diana.

What gets me, can be on a cruise with all the food and not gain.

Then just sitting home I gain.

The WHY'S of losing weight!

I to need to lose for my cruise's coming up. Got to get strict with myself.

It's harder when your alone I fine..which I think should be easier.

(my opinion only for me losing weight) I know people who live alone

lose weight.

We've debated the cruise vs home issues too. I eat whatever I want for days on cruises and gain a few lbs. At home, I eat practically nothing comparatively, and struggle to lose even a little. The only thing we can figure is the activity you get on a cruise. Walking, stairs, swimming, etc.

Diana, I know I'm shooting too high and will be lucky to get 10, but I can dream. :) I was off most of last week, so this will be my first full work week in a month. Hopefully, the routine proves successful again.

Have a good week. Try to stay cool out there.

Your right Mike, so much walking on the ship, especially if

cabin in the front or back of ship. Then the walking in port.

Then a Why again......

Cruise eat more but walk more

Home eat less walking less

Shouldn't we be losing at home with less food?

Or at least stay the same?

Some people lose without ever exercising!

All our bodies are different. Some have an easier time than others but

it's HARD for everyone I know.

Whatever we lose for our cruise before we go is less than we would of been if didn't try.

What we gain on a cruise we just have to lose when we come back. We had a good time

and have to deal with it when we come home.

CRUISE'S ARE FUN! :ship: (y) :champagne-toast:

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late entry - got back home Thursday night and been busy all weekend.

Since I wasn't home Thursday for the weigh-in I'll wait until this Thursday. We ate better than last year (opted for salads most meals, smaller portions at breakfast), but still ate too much. College cafeteria food doesn't easily lend itself to the healthiest eating either;) . Due to the quizzing schedule we didn't snack much and I got a lot of walking in during breaks, but they had small desserts at all meals so I suspect I at best broke even.

My kids placed in the top ten for both styles of quizzing (quick buzzer against others and solo written). There team also made 3rd place, but almost had a 3 way tie which would have given them 1st place with tie breakers. Daughter is interested in visiting the host college again this fall when classes are in session (wish it wasn't 9 hours away:eek:) so the scholarship money will help.

We have our "graduation" race this Saturday for our running class - a 5K to support breast cancer survivors/research. Aiming for a sub 45 time, with sub 40 as my stretch goal.

Hi everybody. Glad I found this thread.

Am reading French Women Don't Get Fat and adjusting my diet from there. I do better some days than others. I lived in Italy for 3 years; trust me, this doesn't work with all that lovely pasta.

Ideally I have a good 100 pounds to lose, but at this point I'll settle for a size.

At the moment I weigh 305 pounds, but I'm also 5'10" and very muscular. In fact 200 pounds is a pretty decent weight for me.

I'm actually one of those freaks of nature who can lose weight on a cruise.

Hi Lady Patriot! Welcome to the group. Living in Italy sounds lovely but I'm lots of temptation there for sure. You will find lots of support here. We are all trying to work on our goals a bit each week. I think it helps to check in, even on the weeks I gain..as much as maybe I might not want to admit that.

Welcome back pacruise! That sounds like a fun weekend, and congratulations on graduating from your running class. Completing the 5K is going to feel great I'm sure. I'm sure you will do great!!