Yacht Club for 5

DipBrat

We are booked on the Seaview out of Barcelona next April and are in YC1 − Yacht Club Deluxe Suite 16041, we will have our 3 kids with us, the cabin has a full size sofa bed and a bunk that drops down from the ceiling. I booked this direct with MSC no problem, if you have time and do a little looking on You tube you will come across some great information on these cabins and the Yacht Club.

We are booked on the Seaview out of Barcelona next April and are in YC1 − Yacht Club Deluxe Suite 16041, we will have our 3 kids with us, the cabin has a full size sofa bed and a bunk that drops down from the ceiling. I booked this direct with MSC no problem, if you have time and do a little looking on You tube you will come across some great information on these cabins and the Yacht Club.

Thanks after your message I did call and they do have 5 person rooms despite their poor descriptions describing only 3rd and 4th best. Their famously wonky website just shows availability when there is none. I found another option a few days later so will try again with my TA or just give up the OBC and book direct. With their free kids it is amazing value about the same price as getting split into two inside rooms.

Thanks after your message I did call and they do have 5 person rooms despite their poor descriptions describing only 3rd and 4th best.

Staterooms on MSC Seaview with 5-person capacity are marked on the deck plan with the symbols

double-sofa-bed.png

Double sofa bed

3rd-bed-is-a-bunk-bed.png

• 3rd bed is a pullman bed

Best of luck with your booking, we had to pay for the kids about 330 euro each, but it was much cheaper than booking a Family ocean view room on Royal Caribbean with no perks and we are Diamond plus members with them! We are really looking forward to this Ship I think the design is amazing and we are just off Symphony of the Seas.

Thanks I was able to book. It is very hard to find rooms that fit 5 and really I don't need the fifth berth as 1 year old will just sleep with parents. Two rooms adds no value to us so annoying to have to pay for it.

Do other MSC ships have 5 person berths especially in YC? (not the family rooms which are an interior room joined with a balcony but somehow more than booking the two rooms separately?!)

Sadly Seaview is off to Brazil. I know at busy times they will start charging for kids but still don't mind that much still preferable to most suites on NCL or Royal. Somehow the big suites on the new Royal builds only fit 4 but the overpriced Junior suite fits 5.

Thanks again to you both !

Seaside does have them (YC) for 5 with the 5th being a bunk from ceiling. TA says MSC will only let a group of 5 book those, at least well in advance.

NCL has suites for 6 but their prices have gotten out of hand.

We are booked next May in one of the YC1 that holds 5! I haven’t been able to find any pics or videos that show how the room looks once the sofa and pull down bunk are both open, have you seen any?

We are booked next May in one of the YC1 that holds 5! I haven’t been able to find any pics or videos that show how the room looks once the sofa and pull down bunk are both open, have you seen any?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2648599

Follow this link I hope it works as you will see the room made up for 5.

I really hope that MSC continue to have mostly smaller suites in the Yacht Club.

I have heared of many occations when children have taken over NCLs Haven but very few about children taken over the Yacht Club.

It depends on the ship. Seaview and Seaside seem to have a lot of 4 and even some 5 person rooms. Meraviglia and her siblings hardly any. There is certainly a maximum number of children that would be desirable even for those of us with kids.

It depends on the ship. Seaview and Seaside seem to have a lot of 4 and even some 5 person rooms. Meraviglia and her siblings hardly any. There is certainly a maximum number of children that would be desirable even for those of us with kids.

As an FYI ... Meraviglia doesn't have any 'siblings' just yet - Bellissima being the first (with Grandiosa, next). The other class of ship with YC is the Fantasia class (Fantasia, Splendida, Preziosa and Divina).

Really miss the Divina in the Caribbean. They have YC2 cabins that are VERY large with a separate bedroom.

You could comfortably do 5 people.

On the Seaside I think those cabins are now classified as Aurea suites & have no yacht club access.

We sailed the Seaside earlier this year in a YC1. Youtube these cabins. I found them to be VERY small. The closet space seems to be an after thought.

The ONLY reason we will book one again is the Yacht Club experience. Cannot be beat.

Most of the suites are smaller than most of the Haven suites which have an extra bedroom, perfect for families.