Civitavecchia Port to Train Station

unicorn46

Sorry if this is repetitive ... I have found a lot of information about the shuttle bus at the Civitavecchia port, but nothing really current.

Can someone tell me if the shuttle bus from the ship stops near the Fort AND at Largo della Pace, or just the one place ?

We want to walk to the train station, and it would be much closer to be able to exit the port near the Fort

Thanks very much

just curious .. do you know which dock you were at ? (OMG, horrible grammar .... but I can't think of another way to say it). I read somewhere that Dock 13 was a mile and a half from the pedestrian entrance, and then it was close to another mile to the train station. Is that wrong ?? I also read that it's difficult walking from the ship ... and I assumed that meant that there weren't sidewalks or pedestrian paths, and that we would be dodging shuttle buses and taxis.

Thanks for your help

Sorry, don't remember where the ship was docked but if you are not physically impaired the walk is really easy and quite enjoyable. There might be no sidewalks in the first 5-10 min (depending on the ship's location) but no heavy traffic either, and then a beautiful boardwalk along the seafront all the way to the train station, I would do it again without any hesitations.

Hi all, it's been a couple of years but the ships are docked along the long pier. If you're unlucky, this will add about 400m to your walk. From ship to Fort gate (not main gate) will be about 10min walk along a pedestrian, paint lined, path. It's straightforward. From Fort gate to train station is about 10 mins walk, all depends on your speed and the luggage you are pulling. All paved and straightforward. DV

Can someone tell me if the shuttle bus from the ship stops near the Fort AND at Largo della Pace, or just the one place ?

We want to walk to the train station, and it would be much closer to be able to exit the port near the Fort

Unfortunately the shuttle bus does not stop at the roundabout. So no matter where the ship docks it is always much faster to walk to the train station than using the shuttle bus in the opposite direction

The internal port shuttles DO NOT stop near the Fort since they opened up the transfer station at the Lago della Pace. But being Italy this could change tomorrow, next week or perhaps in the 22nd Century. As to whether to walk to the old entrance, the best strategy might depend on your actual docking location and the weather :). Personally, DW and I love the walk because of the exercise :).

Hank

We docked here in June 2018; the internal shuttle Now stops at the roundabout by the fort.

This is where they used to drop of passengers a few years ago before moving to the drop off in the opposite direction from the station.

We noticed MSC had a buswaiting by the fort for clients arriving for embarkation.