Port shuttles

Pirouette

We will be boarding our first Azamara cruise in three weeks. i am not certain where the ship docks in each port . I am wondering if there are shuttles in Bordeaux and Leixoes (Porto) ? Any information would be appreciated.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

I’m not sure, but Azamara nearly always provides a shuttle if the ship docks outside a town and/where people are not allowed to walk in the dock area.

There are a few exceptions, such as in Giardini Naxos in Sicily where the local taxi union doesn’t allow it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes there was a shuttle bus operating for us in June for Porto/Leixoes. Drops you off at top of one of the hills by a large park area. Less than 15 minutes from cruise terminal

Easy walk to Palacio Da Bols (timed tickets, so book online or call in as soon as you get there and book for later in the day) . Clerigos Bell Tower worth it for the views.

Edited by combine
Extra information

In Bordeaux thectram stop was at the bottom of the gang way. We took a tram to a small town at the end of the lin through vine yards one day.

In Oporto you were dropped centrally and we wandered around eventually after lunch getting a cab back to the ship so we did not have to retrace our steps.

Durres Albania there was no shuttle and you could walk through a working port area on to the street. You had to be very careful.

If it is anything more than a very easy walking distance a shuttle has been available on all 11 or 12 cruises we have taken.