Castaway question

cruisin1982

Can we bring our own floats. We have brought our own floats in other ports and just threw them away at the end of day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No. From the DCL website:

Items prohibited on board ship and on Castaway Cay.

• Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats, pool noodles, inflatable pools and wagons

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/

No. From the DCL website:

Items prohibited on board ship and on Castaway Cay.

•  
  • Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats, pool noodles, inflatable pools and wagons

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/

Thanks for the information. Guess we will rent them. If you rent them do you have to drag it around with you all day or do you turn it in and when you need it again you pick on up

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i've never rented anything, but i would think you can rent them and then leave them by your chair when you go to eat...

but since i've never rented anything, clearly i have no clue..

here's some info on CC, including rentals ("castaway cay rentals")

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/ports/castaway-cay.cfm

You can rent them on the island or in advance. You pick them up and then store them by your chair during the day. If it disappears, take your receipt to the rental place and they will give you another.

Technically, you are supposed to turn it in at the end of the day, but there are a lot of people who just leave them on the beach for the CMs to clean up.

You can rent them on the island or in advance. You pick them up and then store them by your chair during the day. If it disappears' date=' take your receipt to the rental place and they will give you another.

Technically, you are supposed to turn it in at the end of the day, but there are a lot of people who just leave them on the beach for the CMs to clean up.[/quote']

that's interesting about people just leaving them and not turning them in..

we rent bicycles for a ride around the bike path and over to lunch at serenity bay...

supposedly the rental is for an hour, but no one checks you when you bring them back and the guy made it clear that he didn't care how long we had them for..

we probably only had them for about an hour and a half - since we kept them while we were eating and then rode them back....

but no one seemed to care and they certainly didn't check the bikes in when we brought them back..

They don't check in the floats or mats at all' date=' They basically ask you to "stack it over there."[/quote']

that's what they did with the bikes...

put them over there...

my husband made a point of walking over to the check in area and they looked at him like he was from planet mars..

he was afraid we'd be charged for more, so i made a point of checking our bill...nope...just the charge for one hour..

The joke with the bikes is that they are on "island time." Early on, we were denied bikes despite having reserved them because there were none left. They suggested we come back in an hour or so, but that made it too late in the day. They quickly got the idea that they needed to add a lot more and we haven't seen that situation since.

Since float and mat rentals are for "all day," there is no worry about returns, but it does make a lot more work for the island crew when people just leave them on the beach. On the other hand, if you want one in the afternoon, you can frequently get one from someone who is returning it or just leaving it.