Rotational dining question for 4 night cruise

willowvacay

Hello fellow cruisers! We are experienced cruisers but are going on our first Disney Cruise this December. We cannot wait! I have learned about the rotational dining, but my question is: do you reliably go in a specific order? I.e. if it is a 4 night cruise, can one expect to see three different restaurants the first three nights and then a repeat the 4th night? We are trying to schedule an "adults" dinner on a 4 night cruise, but don't want to miss one of the MDRs. Can we schedule for the 4th night and hit all 3 of the MDRs the preceding 3 nights?

Thanks so much for your help!

Hello fellow cruisers! We are experienced cruisers but are going on our first Disney Cruise this December. We cannot wait! I have learned about the rotational dining, but my question is: do you reliably go in a specific order? I.e. if it is a 4 night cruise, can one expect to see three different restaurants the first three nights and then a repeat the 4th night? We are trying to schedule an "adults" dinner on a 4 night cruise, but don't want to miss one of the MDRs. Can we schedule for the 4th night and hit all 3 of the MDRs the preceding 3 nights?

The rotation for a four night cruise would probably look like this, 1223.

As noted the rotation for most 4 night cruises is 1223. The rotational (Signature) menus will be served on nights 1, 2, & 4. The third night is Pirate night. While you are in the same dining room on nights 2 & 3, the menus will be different.

As noted the rotation for most 4 night cruises is 1223. The rotational (Signature) menus will be served on nights 1, 2, & 4. The third night is Pirate night. While you are in the same dining room on nights 2 & 3, the menus will be different.

Thanks! That’s also great information to know! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Regardless of how long the cruise' date=' the menu is different each night.

As noted above, the normal rotation on a 4 night is 1223 with the second "2" being pirate night. Yes, Disney dining is different than any other line I've cruised in terms of theming.[/quote']

Thanks @moki. Do the dining rooms have the same menu as each other nightly? As in, do animators palate and enchanted garden serve the same dinner menu night one? Or does enchanted garden have a different menu than animators palate and it serves the same menu until a repeat night?

Thanks @moki. Do the dining rooms have the same menu as each other nightly? As in, do animators palate and enchanted garden serve the same dinner menu night one? Or does enchanted garden have a different menu than animators palate and it serves the same menu until a repeat night?

No, each dining room has it's own Signature (rotational) menu. So Animator's has the same menu for 3 nights (and one night is the Pirate night menu). Triton's has the same (different) menu for 3 nights and one night Pirate. Tiana's has the same (different) menu plus Pirates.

On cruises longer than 4 nights, each dining room (on all ships) typically serves it's Signature menu for the first 3 nights, then subsequent nights all dining rooms serve the same menu. For example on the Fantasy the menu schedule may look like this:

Night1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP

Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP

Night 3 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP

Night 4 - Pirate menu

Night 5 - Prince & Princess menu / Animation Magic if in AP

Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation Magic if in AP

Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation Magic if in AP

It depends on the cruise. There are "signature" menu nights and "theme" menu nights. If a cruise is 3 nights or fewer, the signature menus will be served each night. On these nights, each restaurant serves its signature menu--so each restaurant is serving a different menu. Since you will rotate thru each of the three restaurants, you will ultimately see each of the menus.

On theme nights, each restaurant serves the same menu. On a 4 night cruise, the only theme night is Pirate Night. On a 14 night cruise, there will be 11 different theme nights. The theme will be listed on the back page of the Navigator...or it will indicate that it is a signature night. The concept of the "theme" normally applies only to the dinner. Pirate night is somewhat unique in that there are activities outside of the dining room related to the theme.

Shmoo and I are obviously typing at the same time!