Soft drinks

cruisin1982

I know there are soda stations and if you get one in the bar you have to buy it. What about the dining area do you have to pay for your soft drinks. Can you bring a glass of soda with you into the dining room or shows

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To answer the second question - yes. You may bring your soda with you into the dining room and shows.

but there's no need to bring a soda from the beverage station to dinner.

they serve soda (pop :cool:) at dinner in the MDRs for free.

Free if it's one of the "sodas" on the soda station. My son ordered a Root Beer for dinner the first night, it came in a can with a glass of ice. we were not told by our server that there was a charge for it and didn't realize I had to pay for it until I had to sign the bill at the end of dinner.

Free if it's one of the "sodas" on the soda station. My son ordered a Root Beer for dinner the first night, it came in a can with a glass of ice. we were not told by our server that there was a charge for it and didn't realize I had to pay for it until I had to sign the bill at the end of dinner.

Absolutely correct--anything in a can has a charge. You are able to bring your favorite brand on board--no limit, just put it in your carry on. And you can bring the can into the dining room.

I would also add to bring one of those insulated cups or mugs with a straw for everyone in your group. Lots of people bring those and fill them up with ice and soda/lemonade at the drink machines then have it with them all over the ship. We bring stainless steel water bottles to refill with ice cold water from the drink machines to have in our cabin. I prefer a refillable water bottle to eliminate plastic bottle waste and to not have to lug a huge package of bottled water on the ship.

Not necessary and a waste of paper cups. DCL only asks that you avoid touching the nozzle with your cup.

If this is true, it has changed since our last DCL cruise. The signs used to request that you use a clean cup and fill your container with that. They do have a crew member stationed to clean the beverage station very frequently, but the kids on board create disasters on a regular basis.

Not necessary and a waste of paper cups. DCL only asks that you avoid touching the nozzle with your cup.

And we all know how well everyone obeys the "rules". I've seen people put their cup all the way up against the nozzle and fill up their cup. Even with the "Please use fresh cup for refills" sign right in front of them.

If this is true' date=' it has changed since our last DCL cruise. The signs used to request that you use a clean cup and fill your container with that. They do have a crew member stationed to clean the beverage station very frequently, but the kids on board create disasters on a regular basis.[/quote']

They still do. Just got off of the Magic this morning and visited the drink station frequently.

Another policy they don’t enforce☹️ everyone states and see signs to use a fresh cup to get a soft drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not only will they bring your soda in the dining room after the first day or so you will not have to tell them what you like.

They just show up w/ it.

Sometimes but not always. We've had servers who had our drinks waiting and servers who didn't (despite the fact that we drink the same soda each and every night).

Sometimes but not always. We've had servers who had our drinks waiting and servers who didn't (despite the fact that we drink the same soda each and every night).

Yes, one of the marks of a good assistant server (potential main server) is the ability to know and have ready the drinks for the people they are serving.

We've had servers who did just that. One cruise (table for 8) we switched seats every night, so, after the second night of the cruise, the assistant server just had the drinks set on a tray beside the table and was there as soon as someone sat down and served the appropriate drink.

We've had servers who couldn't get it straight who ordered what (and that it was the same drink every night).

I'll admit I'm a challenge as I switch out between 3 different drinks from day to day, but there often wasn't much of a wait as soon as I let my server know that night's preference.