Dinner Reservations has there ever been no formal nights?

bobolz

Well I checked again for my oct 14th shadow cruise. Still NO formal nights showing. My TA also called Silverseas and they said that there were NO formal nights and that the choice was based on the discretion of the captain? Seems odd.

Will continue to consider that NOT having formal nights is unusual and return guests who expect formal nights would be disappointed if they packed formal clothes and there were no nights to wear them.

Well I checked again for my oct 14th shadow cruise. Still NO formal nights showing. My TA also called Silverseas and they said that there were NO formal nights and that the choice was based on the discretion of the captain? Seems odd.

Will continue to consider that NOT having formal nights is unusual and return guests who expect formal nights would be disappointed if they packed formal clothes and there were no nights to wear them.

I agree: it does seem very odd that the captain would be involved in a fairly routine decision as whether there would be formal nights and if so how many and when.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

My Silverseas now shows the 3 formal nights. So even though Silverseas originally told myself and my TA that none were planned, they did call to tell me there were now formal nights scheduled.

I just want to confirm if we were to pack just a jacket and tie (versus packing a suit) would we be allowed into MDR during a formal night? I know one person did respond and said that was accepted on one of their earlier silverseas cruises, but wondering if that still applied.

I just want to confirm if we were to pack just a jacket and tie (versus packing a suit) would we be allowed into MDR during a formal night?

Based on experience not many months ago, I believe you should have zero problem. Nonetheless, I strongly suggest that you also pack a shirt and trousers. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I am supposed to book restaurants in a few days for my December cruise, but as of today, out of 17 days, only 1 formal night is shown (the second night) and that’s all. Not very convenient to plan the various restaurant bookings. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPad using Forums