Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

First time with Royal Carribean coming up next year,on previous cruises 'formal' or 'black tie' nights have been pretty much adhered to ship-wide,from what I have seen am I right in thinking that on RCI it is mainly only expected in the MDR please guys?

It's not even expected in the MDR. On Ovation of the Seas last year guys were allowed in the MDR wearing t shirts, beach shorts and thongs (flip flops if you're in the UK). When I queried this with RC the response was that dress requirements were a recommendation only.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by only way to vacay Just an update...I was just on the Freedom with my sisters. We had 2 cabins and the new policy is if one person gets a drink package then all in the same cabin must also get one. One of my sisters cannot drink but had to get a drink package anyway.

is this the policy for the soda package as well?

I purchased a soda package recently and it didn't require my roommate to purchase one. I originally had the refreshment package that included coffee etc and she didn't have to purchase. It seems like its mainly the alcohol packages but I could be wrong. I am definitely not an expert on RCCL as I am about to take my first cruise. Not sure if its different from ship to ship, I will be sailing on HOTS.

Originally posted by only way to vacay Just an update...I was just on the Freedom with my sisters. We had 2 cabins and the new policy is if one person gets a drink package then all in the same cabin must also get one. One of my sisters cannot drink but had to get a drink package anyway.

I’m not sure that that is a “new” policy with the alcohol package, but regardless, they do not do the same with the soda package. I would say that’s because of the cost of alcohol (potentially very high) vs the cost of soda (really nominal). Frankly, they could just as easily give the sodas away (like they used to!) as someone, or two or three, can’t drink enough of it to make the package anything but a huge profit to the cruise line. The alcohol, however, could be doubled up by a couple in a cabin and make it much more worthwhile, for the passengers! I don’t think they really care much if people share sodas. It’s almost all profit anyway.

I’m not sure that that is a “new” policy with the alcohol package, but regardless, they do not do the same with the soda package. I would say that’s because of the cost of alcohol (potentially very high) vs the cost of soda (really nominal). Frankly, they could just as easily give the sodas away (like they used to!) as someone, or two or three, can’t drink enough of it to make the package anything but a huge profit to the cruise line. The alcohol, however, could be doubled up by a couple in a cabin and make it much more worthwhile, for the passengers! I don’t think they really care much if people share sodas. It’s almost all profit anyway.

It has been reported by many that if one does not drink, to call and purchase a refreshment package instead with one alcohol package. It is significantly cheaper than purchasing 2 alcoholic packages.

There is no requirement for purchasing soda or refreshment packages for multiples in the same cabin.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Me and my husband have purchased the alcohol package. For my 2 daughters what drinks are available free of charge, just debating whether to get them the soda package or not?
Free drinks readily available: flavored water (usually lemonade and a fruity flavor), tap water, iced tap water, iced tea, no premium coffee, milk and from-concentrated juices at breakfast.

Free drinks readily available: flavored water (usually lemonade and a fruity flavor), tap water, iced tap water, iced tea, no premium coffee, milk and from-concentrated juices at breakfast.

Thank you. So in the MDR is that all they can get with their meal?

Do you know how much 1 soda (like a Sprite or Cocacola) would be?

Thank you

Thank you. So in the MDR is that all they can get with their meal?

Do you know how much 1 soda (like a Sprite or Cocacola) would be?

Thank you

You can get anything you want in the MDR if you are willing to pay for it[emoji4]. The drinks that I listed above are available in MDR with your meal.

A 12 oz can of soda is going to be about $3.50 (which includes the 18% gratuity).

The soda package is unlimited soda from the fountain (doesnt include canned, although some have said they have been successful in getting cans, but dont count on it). Some ships have the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines that can be used with the package but the special cup that you are provided with the package to use.

This FAQ is in the process of being created by our Royal Caribbean Community members. It should contain answers to the most commonly asked questions about cruising on Royal Caribbean ships.

This sticky is an excellent idea BUT have you noticed some of the dates that the information was (I assume) originally posted on the first page ?, or am I misinterpreting the posting dates ?. The information appears to be years out of date and thus unreliable !.

Edited by PeeBee2
Update: OK, I see now, I mistakenly thought this was a new sticky but clearly on re-examination it is an old one
  • Thanks 1

C&A Benefits

how can I Change the welcome amenity ??

Earlier I was able to change if I like Coke or Juice or water, I can't find this point anymore.

I try to serach here ich CC, but maybe I use the wrong words to search ?

Pls. help.and thank you in advance

link don't work:

In addition, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members can go online to www.RoyalCaribbean. com/UpgradePreferences or call one of our Loyalty Representatives (www.RoyalCaribbean.com/ContactLoyalty) in their local offices to preselect from a list of beverages to be included with their welcome waters & snack.

C&A Benefits

how can I Change the welcome amenity ??

Earlier I was able to change if I like Coke or Juice or water, I can't find this point anymore.

I try to serach here ich CC, but maybe I use the wrong words to search ?

Pls. help.and thank you in advance

link don't work:

In addition, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members can go online to www.RoyalCaribbean. com/UpgradePreferences or call one of our Loyalty Representatives (www.RoyalCaribbean.com/ContactLoyalty) in their local offices to preselect from a list of beverages to be included with their welcome waters & snack.

Log into you C&A account on the RCCL website and click on your profile, preferences.

Log into you C&A account on the RCCL website and click on your profile, preferences.

In Addition I Asked RCCL via mail, this is the answer !!!!

Regrettably, the option to select your preferences online is not currently available. You may choose your selection by calling us at 1-800-526-9723, or e-mailing us at crownandanchor@rccl.com. Your current selection is xxxx.

maybe this help otherones also

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Abbie,

So sorry for the delay, have had a very hectic summer.

Someone responded after our post that we weren't supposed to refer to FB in these threads, yet I've seen it done in numerous other posts, so I'm not sure what to do :(.. so I'll just give you the general information:

What you do first is do a search for Harmony of the Seas and request to join that group- this is the one where you get the most information on FB. Once approved you do a specific search for you date of sailing...

That can be named in various ways: Roll Call and your date, or your date and Roll Call. It might also include the name of the ship [probably will]. It's usually started by an individual that's sailing, so if you don't see one that's for you sail date you can start one. These are specifically to share information or meet; but you can also accomplish that here.

Here's the rule I think the person was referring to. But I'm not soliciting you right now, just describing what you can do...

We believe a ROLL CALL created on Cruise Critic should stay here. We've worked long and hard to create this community, and have provided a certain level of trust and privacy for our members. If they choose to participate in a FB Roll Call, they'll have to learn about it somewhere other than Cruise Critic.

We request that you not solicit people to your Facebook page on any of our ROLL CALLS.

CreativeCher-I will be sailing on Harmony 2/27/19. Would you please direct me to the FB pages that would help with my planning. Thanks, I appreciate your help

This is a great idea! Can we please start a new thread on this? I got so excited when I saw information on Adventure Ocean! We are emeralds cruising with our children for the first time. I have had a hard time finding information on the kids club. Would love to trust this info, but it’s 8 years old! [emoji15]. Help. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

You can take what you want back to your room regardless of whether you have the drinks package or not. If you mean can you bring drinks back to your room that you have brought onto the ship that's another story. Here's a tip. Without knowing what cruise line you are on - most drinks packages exclude bottles of wine bought in the dining rooms (although the price is usually discounted), but if you order your wine by the glass instead of the bottle it's included in the package - this can make the difference between a drinks package being worthwhile or not.

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2018 at 6:45 AM, Sweet Carolina Girl said:

This is a great idea! Can we please start a new thread on this? I got so excited when I saw information on Adventure Ocean! We are emeralds cruising with our children for the first time. I have had a hard time finding information on the kids club. Would love to trust this info, but it’s 8 years old! [emoji15]. Help. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I completely agree. There should be a forum just for Adventure Ocean questions. I'm just wondering how my 3 year old will do the week we cruise.