Ice in cabin for sailaway?

mafig

Good idea There most likely will NOT be ice in your cabin

I suspect that room service will be swamped at sailaway since it opens right after muster. Plus, there's no way the champagne can get cold enough in that short time.

How did you handle the ice situation for your champagne sailaways in the past during all of your previous cruises that are in your signature??

I haven't been on Royal in a while.

In my recent, previous cruises, MSC and Celebrity, Champagne (sparkling wine really) and ice was provided by the cruise line. It was in the cabin already. The last time we were on Royal, I believe a full ice bucket was in the cabin at embarkation.

This is the first time in years we've brought champagne with us.

I haven't been on Royal in a while.

In my recent, previous cruises, MSC and Celebrity, Champagne (sparkling wine really) and ice was provided by the cruise line. It was in the cabin already. The last time we were on Royal, I believe a full ice bucket was in the cabin at embarkation.

This is the first time in years we've brought champagne with us.

A few years ago, Royal stopped automatically providing ice in the staterooms. They will still provide ice now, but only upon request.

A few years ago, Royal stopped automatically providing ice in the staterooms. They will still provide ice now, but only upon request.

So, it's been a decade since I've cruised (we will be on harmony in a few weeks though!)... I can't remember... but are the ice machines kept on lockdown? We can't just go fill a bucket when we want?

So, it's been a decade since I've cruised (we will be on harmony in a few weeks though!)... I can't remember... but are the ice machines kept on lockdown? We can't just go fill a bucket when we want?

No, you cannot go and fill your own ice bucket.

If you don’t see your room steward right away , I’d grab the bucket and go to a bar and ask them to fill it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Go to a bar - pool deck is a good idea - and ask for a beer bucket without the beer. You'll get a big plastic ice bucket full of ice. (larger than the cabin ice buckets, and better for a bottle of champagne.)

Two excellent suggestions. Thanks! That's what I'll do.:D

As you live in Florida - do you drive to the port?

Here's how I handle the exact dilemma.

I chill the champagne and freeze one or two bottles of water, fill a gallon zip lock with ice cubes just before I leave home, and put it all, along with a cold Diet Coke, in an insulated Publix bag.

I loop the bag handles over my carry on, and voila, as soon as I get to my cabin I have chilled champagne, a cold drink of water, and/or a cold soda. The ice easily lasts until the steward comes on his evening rounds.

There will probably be "That's too much trouble, I'm on vacation" responses, but it works easily for me, and I enjoy being to get into relaxation mode quickly, without having to go to the pool bar to track down a bucket of ice.

I did do that, once, before I figured how to be self sufficient.That would be the way to go, if you don't want to DIY

Agree with others that the stewards and room service will be either unavailable or too busy to help chill your wine on boarding day.

We usually have champagne on our balcony during sailaway.

We'll be bringing a bottle of champagne.

Will there be ice in the cabin?

I am not usually a picky person . But i need to have ice in my cabin. On the first day when your cabin steward introduces himself to you ask for ice. He will gladly bring it . You can also request glasses they will do this for you. Everytime i cruise i do this. They usually remember for the rest of the cruise that i like to have a bucket of ice . If you're lucky enough to have a good attendant . I usually do on rccl:cool::cool:

As you live in Florida - do you drive to the port?

Here's how I handle the exact dilemma.

I chill the champagne and freeze one or two bottles of water, fill a gallon zip lock with ice cubes just before I leave home, and put it all, along with a cold Diet Coke, in an insulated Publix bag.

I loop the bag handles over my carry on, and voila, as soon as I get to my cabin I have chilled champagne, a cold drink of water, and/or a cold soda. The ice easily lasts until the steward comes on his evening rounds.

There will probably be "That's too much trouble, I'm on vacation" responses, but it works easily for me, and I enjoy being to get into relaxation mode quickly, without having to go to the pool bar to track down a bucket of ice.

I did do that, once, before I figured how to be self sufficient.That would be the way to go, if you don't want to DIY

Agree with others that the stewards and room service will be either unavailable or too busy to help chill your wine on boarding day.

I don't mean this in a rude way . Please don't misunderstand.

But it is their job.

Ice should be a staple in the cabin.

I don't consider this request an imposition.

Also it use to be standard practice.

I am not usually a picky person . But i need to have ice in my cabin. On the first day when your cabin steward introduces himself to you ask for ice. He will gladly bring it . You can also request glasses they will do this for you. Everytime i cruise i do this. They usually remember for the rest of the cruise that i like to have a bucket of ice . If you're lucky enough to have a good attendant . I usually do on rccl:cool::cool:

Oops, I forgot glasses.

There won't be glasses either?