Just the Two of Us -- Liberty Sept 9, 2018

rsharp83

ff90b237b2a2e78b785c1629a52890b9.jpg

I have a C-Pap machine. As many of you know electrical outlets on cruise ships are never where you need them. So of course an extension cord is always necessary. The ship will provide one if you need it.

But it’s always a tripping hazard. Our cabin steward had this nifty little trick. He used luggage departure stickers to secure the cord to the floor!

54097251c752ac2375196ec13917a2f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

True, he is a talker. But I found him to be funny and a nice change of pace. He really works hard to involve the audience. But I can certainly see how he might put some people off with the chatter and the rearranging of the songs at times to elicit a laugh.

We regularly sail from Galveston and would welcome a change in Schooner Bar.

Do you know who was in the pub and who was the band on board? Still lots of country?

I thought Allure went there?

Allure does go to Roatan. The couple that died doing the zip line excursion this July was aboard Allure.

So if an Oasis Class ship is sailing out of Galveston then there’s a built in itinerary.

We regularly sail from Galveston and would welcome a change in Schooner Bar.

Do you know who was in the pub and who was the band on board? Still lots of country?

There was a guitarist in the pub. He was good the few songs we listened to him.

There was a Caribbean band and a country band. The country band was more popular for sure.

We also did the family and friends cruise last Jan,good times. Our next Cruise will be Wife and myself, southern route out of San Juan on the Freedom. PS I like that KC CHIEFS uniform, GO CHIEFS.

How about those Chiefs!! And I got lots of compliments on the loud Hawaiian style Chiefs shirt. Several Texas Tech fans talked to me. And there were other KC peeps on board.

As we near the end of my review I will be posting pictures. Some with comments, some without.

6d0563e670f9813d098fde42ec0080f7.jpg

You can get this drink without any package...it’s chocolate milk.

952c74272015c8d378bfd7a9d7c1cb80.jpg

Right before the storm hit.

8c0f591471f8b01f6ff0c3f695f5e695.jpg

A seaside basketball goal on Roatan.

beaca4b9d86330f02d107390a5425d7e.jpg

a6aff8a48c8a0575b3ca38b8e2a1def9.jpg

The Mexican alternative to Corona.

5709d56f66a2cabcc986330ac33aaacd.jpg

66fd401659811b7d52be4dc38eb7ace1.jpg

657131bddf22d97cbba13acc1ddbf07f.jpg

e6137a25639976f4ad10f9866bca1690.jpg

That’s a wrap folks! Thanks for following along. I’m happy to answer any questions.

In June of 2019 I’ll be sailing on Harmony with a big group that now stands at 57 people! It’s going to be crazy fun. And I’m super excited to say that one of those 57 people is FamilyGoBoston! She’s my cruise planning mentor.

We don’t know exactly how we are going to do our review but it will be fun to work together to share our experience of organizing a large group sailing.

We are looking forward to a new piano player as well.

Hmm, that's a bit disappointing. The schooner bar is usually one of our favorite after dinner hangouts. Usually we hope for either a good sing-a-long player or someone that is humorous (like Matt Yee).

The guy there now seems to be neither.

Rsharp – how crowded was the pool area on sea days? I know it’ll be packed but were there loungers to be found anywhere in the vicinity? Doesn’t need to be by the pool or overlooking it but within a short walk to the Pool/Sky bars. ;)

I’ve sailed on Liberty 3 times in the past (from NY and FL) but this is the first since her 2016 refurbishment. I know they added like 80-90 more cabins and decreased the outdoor deck space to make way for the panoramic view staterooms and for the mini-golf. That is the area we usually sat. Grrrr.

Looks like max passenger capacity with from 4,200 to 4,900 passengers! 700 extra people in 80-90 more rooms. Those must be some big rooms! :eek:

Rsharp – how crowded was the pool area on sea days? I know it’ll be packed but were there loungers to be found anywhere in the vicinity? Doesn’t need to be by the pool or overlooking it but within a short walk to the Pool/Sky bars. ;):

Well, my insight here is limited. I don’t spend much time laying out. We lost one full sea day to rain and most of another sea day because DW didn’t feel well.

There did deem to be plenty of chairs on the upper deck. Solarium chairs were tough to come by.

TY for the review and pics; DH and I are traveling soon just to take a break from life. We too usually travel with a group of 16 so evaluated our drink and dining in the same way, I thought I was the only one whose resolution was to drink more but we also plan to indulge/try new things with the drink and a 3D dining pass. Just the Two of Us was the perfect title that caught my eye and kept me interested in your thread so thanks again!

Well, my insight here is limited. I don’t spend much time laying out. We lost one full sea day to rain and most of another sea day because DW didn’t feel well.

There did deem to be plenty of chairs on the upper deck. Solarium chairs were tough to come by.

Thank You. I know it's usually hit-n-miss. Liberty seems to handle the crowds well (mostly) but was wondering if the increase in passenger capacity and decreased public space pushed her over the edge.

And thank you for the excellent trip report. I've actually read it several times now as I gear up for my cruise in Nov.

Lots of great pictures! I like the ones of Oasis at sunset!

We would have enjoyed a “theme night” piano man, he was not Onboard last spring. The schooner bar did have a piano man but he played mix of things each night.

We also really liked the aerial/ cirque du soliel type show. One of the best we thought!

We detest country music, just not our thing, and they had a country band in the lounge most nights for dancing, and ocassionally played on deck or for the promenade parties, but we found plenty of other kinds of music. The DJ was almost always top hits or 90s revival music in the disco!