Is Voom Internet available on Mariner of the Seas

Don't expect it to work as well on Mariner - it has the older slower system.

Mariner just had the squillion dollar upgrade. And the WIFI was SO bad on the trip to the renovation in Spain.

They had started the re-wire fro the new system before we got off.

Thank goodness. It was terrible.

Mariner just had the squillion dollar upgrade.

They had started the re-wire fro the new system before we got off.

Thank goodness. It was terrible.

They may have done some rewiring of the system within the ship, but the main connection to the outside world did not improve - still high orbit sat connection.

• 1 month later...
They may have done some rewiring of the system within the ship, but the main connection to the outside world did not improve - still high orbit sat connection.

Wow I'm surprised they wouldn't update the internet connection after such a big refurb. I was spoiled with the internet connection on Anthem. It was so fast, they kids could watch Netflix with no problems.

Wow I'm surprised they wouldn't update the internet connection after such a big refurb. I was spoiled with the internet connection on Anthem. It was so fast, they kids could watch Netflix with no problems.

The company has stopped retrofitting the O3b service onto older ships. No explanation publicly revealed.

Since the Mariner now does 3-N and 4-N itineraries, are the Diamond Plus internet perks (two 24-hour periods) the same or reduced somewhat? We've only sailed one short cruise before and that was years ago. Planning a B2B on Mariner after the Symphony TA.

Thanks!

Donna

Wonder if Mariner of the Seas offers Voom Internet? I need it to keep in touch with work. Oasis has it and it works well.

I was on the Mariner 2 weeks ago. VOOM works ok. No ports blocked. I was able to use VPN to connect to work.

Internetspeed is ok. The only disappointing this is early on disembarkation day, I logged out of 1 device and tried to login again on another device as I have done in previous days but could not login anymore

I was on the Mariner 2 weeks ago. VOOM works ok. No ports blocked. I was able to use VPN to connect to work.

Internetspeed is ok. The only disappointing this is early on disembarkation day, I logged out of 1 device and tried to login again on another device as I have done in previous days but could not login anymore

Do you know what VPN technology is used by your work connection?

Do you know what VPN technology is used by your work connection?

I needed to connect to various clients (yes even on a cruise) and they all use different technologies/software but I could connect to all of them with baracuda, forticlient, windows client etc, and also teamviewer was working.

I bought the VOOM with streaming by the way. (waited for a 40% discount offer)

I needed to connect to various clients (yes even on a cruise) and they all use different technologies/software but I could connect to all of them with baracuda, forticlient, windows client etc, and also teamviewer was working.

I bought the VOOM with streaming by the way. (waited for a 40% discount offer)

Thanks, I typically use a Windows client also, that's good news.