Booked Allure cruise now gone from RC website ?

Midwestgal

We booked super early for April 26,2020 cruise, we booked in April of this year so two years out.

I found the cruise , priced it, and choose our cabin. I then booked it with my TA . A couple of months ago I did a price check and the cruise isn’t even listed , nothing listed for Allure after March of 2020....my cruise is still in my account with Royal when I checked.

I called my TA and his company site (cruise planners) still shows it, I looked again yesterday and it’s not there.

Any thought as to why this would be? My TA said give it some time.

Honestly it’s not a big deal as I’d just jump on Symphony or even try MSC SeaSide , I’m just curious what’s up with Allure, is it being moved or dry docked ?

No one will know for sure at this point. Mistake on the website, dry dock, redeployment, charter. Could be anything.

Okay thanks. I have the feeling she’s being moved or chartered . I wonder how soon RC would let us know , hopefully not just a few months ahead of sailing.

As a back up Wednesday just book Symphony

We booked super early for April 26,2020 cruise, we booked in April of this year so two years out.

I found the cruise , priced it, and choose our cabin. I then booked it with my TA . A couple of months ago I did a price check and the cruise isn’t even listed , nothing listed for Allure after March of 2020....my cruise is still in my account with Royal when I checked.

I called my TA and his company site (cruise planners) still shows it, I looked again yesterday and it’s not there.

Honestly it’s not a big deal as I’d just jump on Symphony or even try MSC SeaSide , I’m just curious what’s up with Allure, is it being moved or dry docked ?

This has been a strange sailing.

A while ago all sailings for April went code red (not available for sale). Most likely as she will head to Europe for her 5 year dry-dock following the same pattern as Oasis in 2019.

What was strange was 2 weeks ago all of the sailings that had previously been code red showed up as available to book again. They are now all back to code red. This is for all sailings from March 22 2020 through then end of April.

This has been a strange sailing.

A while ago all sailings for April went code red (not available for sale). Most likely as she will head to Europe for her 5 year dry-dock followingbthe same pattern as Oasis in 2019.

What was strange was 2 weeks ago all of the sailings that had previously been code red showed up as available to book again. They are now all back to code red. This is for all sailings from March 22 2020 through then end of April.

So it looks like a re-deployment.

To the OP: there's no telling when Royal will notify you. However, don't make any changes to the booking so that you will be eligible for anu consideration the cruise line might offer.

We booked the 4-26-20 cruise back in April of this year.

In early July we realized that it was no longer listed on the RCI website.

We’ve never heard one word about this from RCI yet.

We booked another cruise on the Oasis for that week and will wait on RCI to see what they say.

Edited by CookieDiva

So it looks like a re-deployment.

To the OP: there's no telling when Royal will notify you. However, don't make any changes to the booking so that you will be eligible for anu consideration the cruise line might offer.

Yes, it’s following the same thing that Royal did with Oasis.

Originally Oasis sailings were released until the end of April. The last 2 weeks were then cancelled and turned into a TA for her trip to Europe and drydock.

What’s different is that there are now the last 6 sailings being removed. I suspect that she will have her drydock at the start of the European season as opposed to the end like Oasis is having.

The Oasis sailings had been closed for many months before people were notified. I think the were finally notified in December.

Yes, it’s following the same thing that Royal did with Oasis.

Originally Oasis sailings were released until the end of April. The last 2 weeks were then cancelled and turned into a TA for her trip to Europe and drydock.

What’s different is that there are now the last 6 sailings being removed. I suspect that she will have her drydock at the start of the European season as opposed to the end like Oasis is having.

The Oasis sailings had been closed for many months before people were notified. I think the were finally notified in December.

Correct they were notified in December for the Oasis, not sure how long the sailings had been offline

Daughter & I were booked for the April 19 & 26, 2020 and it has been off the books for a good 2 months now. I have received no information to date so have moved us over to the Freedom for March 1 & 8 2020. I am to receive 600 in FCC but so far only received the first 300 for the April 26 2020 sailing so will call tomorrow to see about the other one then hopefully apply it to our new cruises. I need to do so before they expire next August of 2019.

If the ship is moving they need to say something.

Something that’s funny about this cruise we’re booked on is that it never sat right with me for some reason.

I chalked it up to cruising in April not my usual cruise time but there has been something off and uneasy for me about it.

I now think we’re going to book the Encore on NCL or the MSC SeaSide so I’d like my $250.00 deposit back.

I’ll be giving them a call tomorrow to see if I can find anything out.

If the ship is moving they need to say something.

Something that’s funny about this cruise we’re booked on is that it never sat right with me for some reason.

I chalked it up to cruising in April not my usual cruise time but there has been something off and uneasy for me about it.

I now think we’re going to book the Encore on NCL or the MSC SeaSide so I’d like my $250.00 deposit back.

I’ll be giving them a call tomorrow to see if I can find anything out.

Good luck with your call. Others currently booked called repeatedly to no avail. From personal experience with other sailings that I’ve been on that have gone code red the reps that you or I or even travel agents get to speak to know abosolutely nothing. All they see is that it can’t be booked.

It sucks waiting and not knowing but unfortunately I have not read one report of anyone getting a truthful answer before Royal is ready to release the information. I’ve actually been told that the sailing was closed while they assigned the crew their cabins.

Once it is announced you will receive a letter from Royal outlining your options. Options usually include cancelling for a full refund of your deposit, price protected sailings on another ship with similar sail dates and itinerary as well as some OBC or just some OBC that you can apply to any cruise booked at current pricing.

The part about the timing here that seems of interest to me is the corresponding rumor that Oasis goes to Galveston in May 2020...

If Allure does an April drydock followed by s Europe summer season - how many Oasis class would be in Florida for summer? Just Harmony and Symphony?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with your call. Others currently booked called repeatedly to no avail. From personal experience with other sailings that I’ve been on that have gone code red the reps that you or I or even travel agents get to speak to know abosolutely nothing. All they see is that it can’t be booked.

Thanks for the heads up , I won’t even bother to call then.

All Allure cruises are still showing on CruiseCal through the April 26th cruise which disembarks on May 3, 2020. I wouldn't worry about it not showing on the RCI website. They keep having things appear and disappear. Might be website glitches, who knows. I know it gets annoying, but I wouldn't cancel your cruise until you know for certain that your cruise has been changed.

my wife and I had been on a B2B April 19, 2020 and april 26, 2020.

We got an email long ago that the April 26th cruise had been canceled/chartered.

my wife and I had been on a B2B April 19, 2020 and april 26, 2020.

We got an email long ago that the April 26th cruise had been canceled/chartered.

Intresting that you got an email but a huge cruise booking site received nothing and apparently RC agents don’t even know. That’s even more frustrating that select passengers only received one.

Do you still have the email. If so can you copy and paste it?

Just so you know there are no cruises listed for Allure in April at all so I wouldn’t count on you April 19th sailing.

Suss 1234

Do you remember what month you received the email ?

i'm going to guess that i received the email early august.

i doubt i still have it but i will look.

this was a b2b that we booked onboard. so maybe that made a difference in getting the email.

Intresting that you got an email but a huge cruise booking site received nothing and apparently RC agents don’t even know. That’s even more frustrating that select passengers only received one.

Do you still have the email. If so can you copy and paste it?

Just so you know there are no cruises listed for Allure in April at all so I wouldn’t count on you April 19th sailing.

correct on the april allure cruises.

we changed to oasis and booked 4/5/2020 and 4/12/2020.