In suite dinner service

4welches

I only used the breakfast service some years back when the full dining room breakfast was available, which is not the case anymore. You can order warm items etc, but no salmon plates, eggs benedict etc anymore for breakfast.

If you order items from the dining room, everything that is part of your order will be delivered at once. Hence if you place an order for two starters two mains and two desserts, all of it will be delivered at once

I only used the breakfast service some years back when the full dining room breakfast was available, which is not the case anymore. You can order warm items etc, but no salmon plates, eggs benedict etc anymore for breakfast.

If you order items from the dining room, everything that is part of your order will be delivered at once. Hence if you place an order for two starters two mains and two desserts, all of it will be delivered at once

If you’re in a suite, this is not accurate.

You can get eggs Benedict as it’s served all sea days in the MDR

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed with my parents last year. They were in an OS and one night we all had dinner in their suite. While it was nice, everything was delivered at the same time and by the time we got to our main courses they were barely warm. Others have said you can stagger the courses so the food is hot. I would recommend doing this

Dinner or any other meal in a cabin is definitely not like eating in the restaurant. Everything is brought at once...and unless you're in a suite with an actual dining table, it's difficult at best! Only OS and above have dining tables....eating at the coffee table isn't fun.

The aft 2 bedroom GS (formerly Royal Family Suite) on Grandeur have balcony tables with plenty of room for 4 people. :D

That’s true. Didn’t the old Royal Family Suites also have dining tables and chairs in the living room area?

we are in a 2 bedroom GS on our upcoming indy cruise and I was wondering if it was possible to bring the outside dining table and chairs into the lounge area ?

Speak to your stateroom attendant, I've read here of other guests getting this done for them.

we are in a 2 bedroom GS on our upcoming indy cruise and I was wondering if it was possible to bring the outside dining table and chairs into the lounge area ?

That’s true. Didn’t the old Royal Family Suites also have dining tables and chairs in the living room area?

Ours did. A round table and 4 chairs.

Hello. Has anyone had the main dining room food delivered in their suite? What was it like? Do they bring all the courses at the same time? We were considering doing this and just wondering what it was like. Thanks!

We did it on Freedom in a GS on lobster night with my son and his wife. Their 2 year-old wasn't feeling well and they weren't planning on going to the MDR. Brought the table and chairs in from outside. Two sat at that table and two sat at the glass coffee table. Even though we had the drink package, I bought a bucket of beers from the Solarium bar. It was very nice. I prefer being served in a dining room but it was great in a pinch.

Just avoid the creme brulee. That was delivered to our room but by the time we were able to eat it, the carmelized top wasn't so carmelized any longer. Unless, they just didn't do a good job in the first place. It was "liquidy" and not very good. It was good the night we had it in the dining room, though.

Unless you have at least an OS, it’s really awkward as there is no table/chairs at which to eat.

Actually, Grand Suites have a table on the balcony and large coffee table in living room. I have eaten many meals on the coffee table and was not too uncomfortable. It's more like a picnic than a fine dining experience but can be fun. Make sure to order foods that don't need to be really hot to enjoy.