NCL EPIC take 2!! July 2nd-9th 2017 NCL EPIC review

aliciawag

Thank you for the review. I am going on the Epic in October, our itinerary is a little different. We don't go to Naples, but visit Marseilles. I will keep the hair straightener issue in mind. We went on the Getaway last September and I didn't have an issue. I actually did not use it; it was too humid and wouldn't have made a difference.

Thank you for the review. I am going on the Epic in October, our itinerary is a little different. We don't go to Naples, but visit Marseilles. I will keep the hair straightener issue in mind. We went on the Getaway last September and I didn't have an issue. I actually did not use it; it was too humid and wouldn't have made a difference.

Are you sure you don't visit Naples? We go in October and visit Naples.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are you sure you don't visit Naples? We go in October and visit Naples.

Yes, I am positive. The week we are on the ship is a slightly different itinerary. I picked it because for some reason it was less expensive for that week than other times. We are on the October 22nd sailing out of Barcelona.

Thanks for this review.

My husband and I are going on our first ever cruise in 12 days time! We are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.

I have a few questions if you have time to answer!

Do we need any id other than passports? It's not very clear from the information given.

Do you know if there there many gluten free and dairy free food options on board?

Also, they say you have to be back on board the ship 2 hrs before it leaves port each day. Are they strict on this? This only gives us 3 hrs on Palma if disembarkation starts 2 hrs after docking.

Thanks for your help! :D

Yes, I am positive. The week we are on the ship is a slightly different itinerary. I picked it because for some reason it was less expensive for that week than other times. We are on the October 22nd sailing out of Barcelona.

we have a very active roll call for this sailing-come and join us

Thanks for this review.

My husband and I are going on our first ever cruise in 12 days time! We are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.

I have a few questions if you have time to answer!

Do we need any id other than passports? It's not very clear from the information given.

Do you know if there there many gluten free and dairy free food options on board?

Also, they say you have to be back on board the ship 2 hrs before it leaves port each day. Are they strict on this? This only gives us 3 hrs on Palma if disembarkation starts 2 hrs after docking.

Thanks for your help! :D

not person you directed question to but can help about back on board times

this causes a lot of confusion but the only time you have to be onboard 2 hours before is the port you start your cruise from

for all others it's usually 30 minutes before-there will be a board stating all aboard time as you scan your sail passes on leaving ship

you are usually able to get off the ship at each port after cleared by officials-near to port arrival time

only delays if a tender port

so don't worry you will have plenty of time to explore the ports

Edited by fabnfortysomething

not person you directed question to but can help about back on board times

this causes a lot of confusion but the only time you have to be onboard 2 hours before is the disembarkation port

for all others it's usually 30 minutes before-there will be a board stating all aboard time as you scan your sail passes on leaving ship

you are usually able to get off the ship at each port after cleared by officials-near to port arrival time

only delays if a tender port

so don't worry you will have plenty of time to explore the ports

Just come off epic and I can confirm this

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your review, glad you had such a lovely time! I'm booked on Epic for 1st time, not been with NCL since "Pride" in 2006. I'm taking my Daughter as a taster cruise (4days in October) I know she would love to see Priscilla and see that you pre- booked it. Do I do this via the website online and is there a charge? Is there a charge for the Beatles? Thank you for your help! I'm not telling her about the straighteners issue I will put my travel 1s in my carry on and hope for the best!!

You prompted me to go to the website and thank goodness I did! Only 1 show option left ( the 1 I didn't want after a full day in Florence but never mind at least I've got it) I'm so glad I read your review

Usually q a bit of availability if you just stand in line outside theatre so try that

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Great review. I've just read to see some current dailies as we are back on The Epic soon for the 4th time. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Good to see young couples enjoying cruising. We first cruised when I was 35 and my wife 33 and we regret discovering it 'so late' in life. We are making up for lost time though. [emoji16]

Us too! But we started even later 41 and 42, After our 1 st cruise I was angry we had not done one sooner..of course we have done one every year since but we missed out on so much.

The Epic was our first cruise and we loved it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Us too! But we started even later 41 and 42, After our 1 st cruise I was angry we had not done one sooner..of course we have done one every year since but we missed out on so much.

The Epic was our first cruise and we loved it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've been lucky enough to manage two per year the past couple of years. Making up for lost time.

We started on The Gem, but The Epic feels like our ship now.