Printing airline boarding pass post cruise

Allycat2017

I've read all the posts and I just want to make sure I have no need to worry.

Our ship won't be back in port until the morning of our flight. I did buy Early Bird so I am

hoping that means I am secured an early boarding time no matter

what time I check in.

Am I correct?

You're pretty much correct, yes. You will be in A group. A group 1 through 15 are usually reserved for Business Class or List folks, then after that Early Birds are assigned as they are booked, meaning the earlier you book EB, the lower your number ends up being. Don't worry, you will end up with a boarding position early enough to select seats you're happy with.

You forgot that all seats--window, center and aisle--fly to the same airport.

However, you do have to concede to SWA's biggest shortcoming. Passengers do not get a piece of paper (or a digital image on their phone) proclaiming that they have exclusive claim to a particular seat. Most Americans have serious esteem issues and have to be assured that they are so special that they have complete dominion of a particular seat.

Between you and me, I'm surprised that the Early Bird Check-in is still only $15--surprised and pleased. It's a no-brainer for me.

I think this was implied, but a huge benefit is that if the price drops, you can rebook at the lower fare. You don't get the cash refund but it is banked and you can apply it to a future cruise (up to a year).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Those who fly on Southwest Airlines want to check in 24 hours before flight time to get their place in line. If they wait until they check-in with luggage, they will likely be among the last to board the plane and then can enjoy their middle seats.
Or you can pay a little extra for Early Bird check in and it will be taken care of for you. Worth 15.00 P/P to me. Whoops, should have scrolled down before butting in.

But, another reason I like Southwest is their points system. It usually takes less points than other airlines. For, example a flight on Southwest that costs $233.00 only takes 14,000 points. A similar flight on Delta would be $210.00 or 17,000 points. Most times Southwest is even better.

Edited by billco

Most Americans have serious esteem issues and have to be assured that they are so special that they have complete dominion of a particular seat.

Really? That's true of most American's? It's been my experience that while surely a lot of people, non-American's and American's alike, are pretty down to earth, surely believe they are special, the vast majority of them are pretty down to earth and nice to be around. There are others, however, that do have a really ego problem, that's for sure but they are a long way from being in the majority.

Tom

Really? That's true of most American's? It's been my experience that while surely a lot of people, non-American's and American's alike, are pretty down to earth, surely believe they are special, the vast majority of them are pretty down to earth and nice to be around. There are others, however, that do have a really ego problem, that's for sure but they are a long way from being in the majority.

Tom

Agree

and still with free 2 check-in luggage.

We only fly Southwest unless we can't get the flights we want. Almost always get a better fare on non-stop flights than other airlines lowest fares (which doesn't include check-in luggage), 2 free check-in bags per person and we always pay the Early Bird fee of $15pp. Never have to worry about checking in as you get automatically checked-in 36 hours before your flight and always get a low number in the A group. Well worth the cost of the Early Bird fee.

I know this doesn't help for those that fly other airlines but thought I would chime in since someone decided to use this thread to speak down about Southwest.

We have used the Southwest app to check-in when we didn't use the early bird option and have checked in exactly 24 hours before our flights and still got an A boarding slot. And if your tickets are under the same confirmation number, you can have both (or more) of your boarding passes on your phone and never have to print them out. They can scan your boarding passes.

We only fly Southwest unless we can't get the flights we want. Almost always get a better fare on non-stop flights than other airlines lowest fares (which doesn't include check-in luggage), 2 free check-in bags per person and we always pay the Early Bird fee of $15pp. Never have to worry about checking in as you get automatically checked-in 36 hours before your flight and always get a low number in the A group. Well worth the cost of the Early Bird fee.

I know this doesn't help for those that fly other airlines but thought I would chime in since someone decided to use this thread to speak down about Southwest.

We have used the Southwest app to check-in when we didn't use the early bird option and have checked in exactly 24 hours before our flights and still got an A boarding slot. And if your tickets are under the same confirmation number, you can have both (or more) of your boarding passes on your phone and never have to print them out. They can scan your boarding passes.

The same way we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're pretty much correct, yes. You will be in A group. A group 1 through 15 are usually reserved for Business Class or List folks, then after that Early Birds are assigned as they are booked, meaning the earlier you book EB, the lower your number ends up being. Don't worry, you will end up with a boarding position early enough to select seats you're happy with.

Thanks for answering my question.

I enjoy Southwest. Have often asked and gotten exit seats. People don't seem to know they are available. Also I put my boarding pass in photos so need no internet to bring it up. So faster. I have some perks with Delta , free bag and priority boarding, but still enjoy the Southwest experience. They always seem so happy to see you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums