Printing airline boarding pass post cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:04 AM.
3,570 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by oskidunker
Dont even try yo get a boarding pass using ships internet. You will waste hours. Print it at the airport. Basic Economy? Why would you even consider it. You get what you pay for. Not for me. I am willing to pay more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
We usually fly Southwest - love the airline. We sit at the computer ready to click on the exact time for printing our boarding pass. The faster you check in the better position you get in boarding. We've never had a rough time printing our boarding passes on Princess. Carnival is another story.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruises

10/2017 Crown Princess - New England
05/2017 Grand Princess - Alaska
02/2017 Grand Princess - Hawaii
11/2016 Royal Princess - Caribbean
10/2016 Caribbean Princess - New England
5/2016 Carnival Legend - Alaska
4/2016 Coral Princess - Panama Canal
2/2016 Ruby Princess - Mexican Riviera
1/2016 Ruby Princess - Hawaii
12/2015 Island Princess - Panama Canal
9/2015 Carnival Miracle - Mexico
5/2015 Golden Princess - Alaska
4/2015 Crown Princess - California Coastal
1/2015 Star Princess - Hawaii
10/2014 Star Princess--Mexico
8/2014 Carnival Imagination--Mexico
5/2014 Star Princess (Alaska)
2/2014 Sapphire Princess--Mexico
11/2013 Grand Princess--Hawaii
8/2013 Carnival Miracle--Alaska
1/2013 Inspiration--Mexico
1/2013 Inspiration (b2b)--Mexico
10/2012 Island Princess (Panama Canal)
10/2010 Carnival Spirit--Mexico
10/2010 Carnival Spirit-b2b--Mexico
1/2010 Carnival Splendor--Mexico
1/2009 Carnival Spirit--Mexico
11/2007 Carnival Spirit--Mexico
1/2004 Diamond Princess--Mexico
11/2003 Carnival Pride--Mexico
12/2002 Carnival Elation--Mexico
1/2001 Carnival Elation--Mexico
5/2000 Carnival Elation--Mexico
1986 - RCCL Song of America--Caribbean
1984 - RCCL Song of Norway-
-Caribbean
League City, TX
40,113 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by XBGuy
Yes, I do pay the extra $15 to Southwest. Of course, with all the eyes that are now turning to Southwest in this thread, I can see that they will up that to $20-25 pretty soon.
It was just $10 when first introduced, so it has already been increased by 50%.
League City, TX
40,113 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by Pierlesscruisers
I agree. Makes SWA less crowded
Except it is not less crowded. Four SWA flights I was on last week were 100% booked.
Whidbey Island, WA
871 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by JF - retired RRT
Can you put 2 boarding passes on one phone??
On Alaska Airlines, when we book a flight for two, both boarding passes come up on the Alaska Airline App on both of our phones.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sailed!
USS Midway - '72-73 - Subic Bay Philippines (x9), Hong Kong, Singapore, Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
USS Ranger - '76 - Subic Bay Philippines (x3), Singapore, Perth Australia (Shellback)

USS Independence - '80 - South Atlantic, Cape of Good Hope, Mauritius, Indian Ocean, Gulf of Oman,(123 continuous sea days), Suez Canal, Mediterranean Sea, Straits of Gibraltar

USS Independence - '81 - Straits of Gibraltar - Mediterranean Sea, Naples Italy (x2), Straits of Gibraltar

Ruby Princess - Eastern Caribbean 3/25/12 - Silver Anniversary Cruise
Ruby Princess - Eastern Caribbean 2/3/13 - Gayle's Birthday Cruise
Norewgian Pearl - Alaska 6/16/13 - 4 Generation Family Cruise
Golden Princess - West Coast Getaway 9/30/13

UPCOMING:
Star Princess - Hawaii 9/23/17
Chico, California
9,558 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by WVBill
On Alaska Airlines, when we book a flight for two, both boarding passes come up on the Alaska Airline App on both of our phones.
Waiting to see if that happens. Booked a Delta flight using AA miles but Delta and AA have since dissolved their partnership. Delta changed my flight back from LAX to a crazy early flight and both Delta and AA say "so sorry" and tell me that there is no way to fix it because they are no longer partners. We have to try to make an 11:15 flight out of LAX. We will definitely have to insist on being among the first to disembark carrying our own luggage. I do have the AA app but, so far, it isn't showing our seats and I'm thinking it likely won't show our boarding passes either.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

COLORADO
59,527 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by caribill
Except it is not less crowded. Four SWA flights I was on last week were 100% booked.

We have never had a SW flight that was not full.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Keith
Princess Elite Member
57 Princess Cruises

USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32
The low desert, AZ
3,545 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by Colo Cruiser
We have never had a SW flight that was not full.
It still happens occasionally. Rare, yes, however, it has happened 3 times out of my last 7 flights on Southwest in this last year.

OK, I will also admit that they were either on some less than popular routes or at odd times.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back."
Steven Wright

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
Arizona
1,178 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
I've read all the posts and I just want to make sure I have no need to worry.

Our ship won't be back in port until the morning of our flight. I did buy Early Bird so I am
hoping that means I am secured an early boarding time no matter
what time I check in.

Am I correct?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Teresa
Upcoming:
Island Princess-Panama canal- April 2018 - 19 days

Completed:
Disney Wonder - Bahamas - October 2008 - 5 days
Golden Princess - Hawaii - April 2013 - 14 days
Ruby Princess - Caribbean - November 2014 - 7 days
Golden Princess - Alaska-August 2015 - 10 days
Crown Princess - Hawaii - October 2016 - 15 days

Ruby Princess - Mexican Rivera-October 2017 - 7 days
Raleigh, N.C.
12,181 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
I check in when we fly on Southwest but don't bother to print the boarding passes. Whatever number we get stays the same and we can print them out when checking our luggage.

We were on Virgin Atlantic booked through Princess EZAir coming back from London last month. On Virgin, we could pick our seat assignments 72 hours before the flight. It took me around half an hour to sign both of us up for Virgin's flyer program and pick our seats. Thankfully I had plenty of my free 250 minutes left at that point in the cruise. If I had realized I needed to do that in order to reserve the seats, I would have done so before leaving. But we got very lucky--aisles seats for both of us (diagonally across from each other) with no one in the middle seats beside either of us. And the people sitting in front of us did not recline.
California
5,324 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by greenie082756
I've read all the posts and I just want to make sure I have no need to worry.

Our ship won't be back in port until the morning of our flight. I did buy Early Bird so I am
hoping that means I am secured an early boarding time no matter
what time I check in.

Am I correct?
You're pretty much correct, yes. You will be in A group. A group 1 through 15 are usually reserved for Business Class or List folks, then after that Early Birds are assigned as they are booked, meaning the earlier you book EB, the lower your number ends up being. Don't worry, you will end up with a boarding position early enough to select seats you're happy with.
3,068 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
You forgot that all seats--window, center and aisle--fly to the same airport.

However, you do have to concede to SWA's biggest shortcoming. Passengers do not get a piece of paper (or a digital image on their phone) proclaiming that they have exclusive claim to a particular seat. Most Americans have serious esteem issues and have to be assured that they are so special that they have complete dominion of a particular seat.

Between you and me, I'm surprised that the Early Bird Check-in is still only $15--surprised and pleased. It's a no-brainer for me.

I think this was implied, but a huge benefit is that if the price drops, you can rebook at the lower fare. You don't get the cash refund but it is banked and you can apply it to a future cruise (up to a year).

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Northern California
2,639 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by caribill
Those who fly on Southwest Airlines want to check in 24 hours before flight time to get their place in line. If they wait until they check-in with luggage, they will likely be among the last to board the plane and then can enjoy their middle seats.
Or you can pay a little extra for Early Bird check in and it will be taken care of for you. Worth 15.00 P/P to me. Whoops, should have scrolled down before butting in.

But, another reason I like Southwest is their points system. It usually takes less points than other airlines. For, example a flight on Southwest that costs $233.00 only takes 14,000 points. A similar flight on Delta would be $210.00 or 17,000 points. Most times Southwest is even better.
WA state
2,957 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Most Americans have serious esteem issues and have to be assured that they are so special that they have complete dominion of a particular seat.
Really? That's true of most American's? It's been my experience that while surely a lot of people, non-American's and American's alike, are pretty down to earth, surely believe they are special, the vast majority of them are pretty down to earth and nice to be around. There are others, however, that do have a really ego problem, that's for sure but they are a long way from being in the majority.

Tom
Oakville, ON
2,269 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by Pierlesscruisers
Really? That's true of most American's? It's been my experience that while surely a lot of people, non-American's and American's alike, are pretty down to earth, surely believe they are special, the vast majority of them are pretty down to earth and nice to be around. There are others, however, that do have a really ego problem, that's for sure but they are a long way from being in the majority.

Tom
Agree
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Island Princess - BVE on Dec 6/17 @ PE T2
Island Princess - 60-day Grand South America, Jan 24/18.... & .... no FCD left as we have re-booked this one as 3 separate segments and saving a bundle. Depart PE T2 & Return T??
Colorado
729 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by easyboy
and still with free 2 check-in luggage.
We only fly Southwest unless we can't get the flights we want. Almost always get a better fare on non-stop flights than other airlines lowest fares (which doesn't include check-in luggage), 2 free check-in bags per person and we always pay the Early Bird fee of $15pp. Never have to worry about checking in as you get automatically checked-in 36 hours before your flight and always get a low number in the A group. Well worth the cost of the Early Bird fee.

I know this doesn't help for those that fly other airlines but thought I would chime in since someone decided to use this thread to speak down about Southwest.

We have used the Southwest app to check-in when we didn't use the early bird option and have checked in exactly 24 hours before our flights and still got an A boarding slot. And if your tickets are under the same confirmation number, you can have both (or more) of your boarding passes on your phone and never have to print them out. They can scan your boarding passes.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises

Sapphire Princess - January 21, 2006 7 Night Mexican Riviera
Caribbean Princess - January 21, 2007 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Dawn Princess - January 19, 2008 7 Night Mexican Riviera
Coral Princess - July 10, 2010 7 Night Alaska Northbound
Sapphire Princess - January 22, 2011 7 Night Mexican Riviera
Sapphire Princess - June 9, 2012 7 Night Alaska Southbound
Celebrity Reflection - January 18, 2014 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Emerald Princess - January 25, 2015 7 Night Western Caribbean
Celebrity Reflection - January 30, 2016 7 Night Western Caribbean
Regal Princess - January 22, 2017 14 Night Caribbean East/West Adventurer

Upcoming Cruises:

Grand Princess - January 22, 2018 15 Night Hawaii (RT San Francisco)

Royal Princess - January19, 2019 14 Night Caribbean East/West Adventurer

US Navy 1979-1983
  • USS Ranger (CV-61 Aircraft Carrier) - Indian Ocean and North Arabia Sea
  • USS Coronado (AGF 11 LPD) - Persian Gulf
  • USS Spruance (DD 963 Destroyer) - Persian Gulf
  • USS Oliver Hazard Perry (FFG 7 Fast Frigate) - Persian Gulf
19,474 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by huskerdan25
We only fly Southwest unless we can't get the flights we want. Almost always get a better fare on non-stop flights than other airlines lowest fares (which doesn't include check-in luggage), 2 free check-in bags per person and we always pay the Early Bird fee of $15pp. Never have to worry about checking in as you get automatically checked-in 36 hours before your flight and always get a low number in the A group. Well worth the cost of the Early Bird fee.

I know this doesn't help for those that fly other airlines but thought I would chime in since someone decided to use this thread to speak down about Southwest.

We have used the Southwest app to check-in when we didn't use the early bird option and have checked in exactly 24 hours before our flights and still got an A boarding slot. And if your tickets are under the same confirmation number, you can have both (or more) of your boarding passes on your phone and never have to print them out. They can scan your boarding passes.

The same way we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Arizona
1,178 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by triptolemus
You're pretty much correct, yes. You will be in A group. A group 1 through 15 are usually reserved for Business Class or List folks, then after that Early Birds are assigned as they are booked, meaning the earlier you book EB, the lower your number ends up being. Don't worry, you will end up with a boarding position early enough to select seats you're happy with.
Thanks for answering my question.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Teresa
Upcoming:
Island Princess-Panama canal- April 2018 - 19 days

Completed:
Disney Wonder - Bahamas - October 2008 - 5 days
Golden Princess - Hawaii - April 2013 - 14 days
Ruby Princess - Caribbean - November 2014 - 7 days
Golden Princess - Alaska-August 2015 - 10 days
Crown Princess - Hawaii - October 2016 - 15 days

Ruby Princess - Mexican Rivera-October 2017 - 7 days
Baltimore, Maryland
798 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
I enjoy Southwest. Have often asked and gotten exit seats. People don't seem to know they are available. Also I put my boarding pass in photos so need no internet to bring it up. So faster. I have some perks with Delta , free bag and priority boarding, but still enjoy the Southwest experience. They always seem so happy to see you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums