RCL - Buying more than 1 'guaranteed balcony’ cabin - usually allocated together?

50andfabulous

Hithere

I am aware that if you buy an unallocated cabin, e.g. an unallocated guaranteed balcony cabin, you can be placed anywhere on the ship (in a cabin with a balcony).

I am wondering if I buy 2 unallocated cabins, are they typically allocated near / next to each other? I know there are no guarantees on where the cabins will be, and can be on different decks, but am interested to hear people’s experiences on whether RCL usually tries to allocated the cabins together, when multiple unallocated cabins are purchased. Thanks

ps If I really want the 2 cabins together, I'll pay more and choose my cabin numbers, but interested to hear other people's experiences. thanks

You are right,...there are NO guarantees that the cabins will even be on the same deck, let alone "side by side"....I don't know how hard they "try", but I'm pretty sure they don't spend much time on it!

Only book a GTY cabin if you don't care WHERE on the ship you are!

Our first cruise we booked guarantee. we had 6 cabins. EVERY cabin was not near another. One was forward one was aft another was on the other side midship. others were on different decks

If wanting to be together-- book it that way BUT really you are not going to be hanging out in the cabins. they are not that big nor are they designed for get togethers. Meet up for dinners/ meet in public spaces. telephones are equipped with voice mail etc.

As others have said, very little likelihood they will be together. While being assured of the base category booked, they may not even be in the same category as the booking category is the minimum that could be assigned - one or both could be assigned a higher category. If you want staterooms together, do not book a GTY rate.

Evidently I booked a 'guarantee balcony room' on accident! This is my 1st cruise on Royal Caribbean and my 2nd cruise. The 1st being 10 years ago. I called to ask when I get to choose our cabin and was told I don't get to choose. At least I think that's what she said? Couldn't understand her very well! Is there anyway to change this so we can choose? My Mom has heart issues and can't walk far. She's going to be really mad at me if we can't choose a room close to the elevators!

Maybe you should switch to a different category so you can pick where your room is located. It might cost a little more but only you know if it's worth the extra money.

Thanks for responding! Any idea how to do that? I had a terrible experience calling customer service!

Evidently I booked a 'guarantee balcony room' on accident! This is my 1st cruise on Royal Caribbean and my 2nd cruise. The 1st being 10 years ago. I called to ask when I get to choose our cabin and was told I don't get to choose. At least I think that's what she said? Couldn't understand her very well! Is there anyway to change this so we can choose? My Mom has heart issues and can't walk far. She's going to be really mad at me if we can't choose a room close to the elevators!

You can pay the difference to pick your cabin. A ship is huge - have you considered a scooter. Getting to the elevator is not a problem-- but going from the Dining room to a show lounge will be a big distance.

Thanks for your reply! I have tried emailing and still haven't gotten a response to see if I can pay the difference. I don't want to call and get someone I can't understand again! Their customer service sucks!!! It's making me leary of cruising with them!!