14 night Land of the midnight Sun

Jenny2121

Has anyone taken the Cruise "Land of the Midnight Sun" on Sapphire Princess? We are taking it next year. I would like to know specifics about the trip. I would like to know which stops that are made that you are able to get off the ship and walk directly into the city.Which stops that you must get on a bus to get into the city. What excursions that are offered do you feel were worth taking. I noticed that Bergen is a short visit. 7am - 2pm. Can you get off the ship and walk directly into Bergen or do you need a bus? First time on a large ship. Many thanks, Jenny

I don't know your ports, but places like Alesund, Stavanger, Bergen are easily walked from the dock. Some small ports will be reached after cruising up one of the long fjords, and will be small villages, such as Geiranger or Flam.

Has anyone taken the Cruise "Land of the Midnight Sun" on Sapphire Princess? We are taking it next year. I would like to know specifics about the trip. I would like to know which stops that are made that you are able to get off the ship and walk directly into the city.Which stops that you must get on a bus to get into the city. What excursions that are offered do you feel were worth taking. I noticed that Bergen is a short visit. 7am - 2pm. Can you get off the ship and walk directly into Bergen or do you need a bus? First time on a large ship. Many thanks, Jenny

We did this cruise this year in June, but on the Crown Princess. From what I remember you have one different port to us next year, replacing Flamm with Geirangerfjord.

All the ports except Gravdal you can walk into from the ship. Gravdal, very little there, we did a tour organised by our roll call. Wasn't very good, and the Princess tours didn't look much better. Tromso is walkable but about 1.5-2 mile walk. Can get local bus from across the road from where you dock. Honningsvagg - nice little town, probably worth an hour look round. Tours from here to North Cape, don't bother with Princess, go with local company nordkapp.no alot cheaper and better tour. The tours only open up though a couple of months before the cruise. You want to book the 'North Cape Sightseeing' Tour. The only Princess tour we did was at Skjolden, as there's basically very little to do there apart from admiring amazing scenery. We did the tour that took in the Urnes Stave church and scenic drive about 3-4 hours long, we did the afternoon one and went for a walk in the morning. Bergen, for some reason make you get a free bus to the edge of the port which takes approx 30 secs!!!.Stavanger, Tromso, Bergen & Trondheim we just did DiY. In Alesund we did another private tour arranged by our roll call to the Trollstigen(sp.)

Here's a link to our photos....the scenery is amazing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94468374@N02/albums/72157683590604214

I don't know your ports, but places like Alesund, Stavanger, Bergen are easily walked from the dock. Some small ports will be reached after cruising up one of the long fjords, and will be small villages, such as Geiranger or Flam.

In Stavanger we also did a Lysefjord cruise & Pulpit Rock tour privately aswell as walking round. The link is below, they go from next to where the ship docks.

http://www.rodne.no/fjord-cruise/lysefjord-pulpit-rock/

In Alesund the tour was 'Alesund from Fjords to Trolls'. We had our own coach because of the numbers on our roll call, but it sounds like you could book independantly anyway. Just let them know you're arriving on a cruise.

https://www.norwayexcursions.com/en/activity/50466/alesund-from-fjords-to-trolls