All Dining Times Waitlisted on Carnival

I think it's simply poor customer service - along with the notion that a majority of passengers want anytime, so there is little point in trying to accommodate them. If you want assigned dining at a regular time, you should go see the MDR manager as soon as you board and press him to give you the time and table you want.

If you let me know which Carnival ship you are on I should be able to give you the direct email address for the Maitre'd. I always email them to ask for a table size and location. We have always gotten what I asked for.

But, we always sit at 6:15 or 8:15. We tried 'anytime dining' last month and absolutely HATED it. We always asked to share a table but except for one night we ate by ourselves. There were always empty tables!

We ate one night we with one other couple who could do nothing but talk about how they survived cancer. They were the only couple we ate with. We have eaten together for more than 55 years so enjoy meeting others!

So early, late, and YTD are all waitlisted. It's possible. Keep checking back before you cruise, though. It's possible that they just need to do some adjustments to make slots available. You will get to eat in the DR :)

When you get your dining time assignment, if you don't like it, just visit the Maitre d' when you board and request a change. If they can accommodate it, they will.

We are wait-listed for second seating on our upcoming Princess cruise. We took anytime dining on our one Carnival cruise and it worked out fine. We only had a long wait on the dress-up night.

If you let me know which Carnival ship you are on I should be able to give you the direct email address for the Maitre'd. I always email them to ask for a table size and location. We have always gotten what I asked for.

But, we always sit at 6:15 or 8:15. We tried 'anytime dining' last month and absolutely HATED it. We always asked to share a table but except for one night we ate by ourselves. There were always empty tables!

We ate one night we with one other couple who could do nothing but talk about how they survived cancer. They were the only couple we ate with. We have eaten together for more than 55 years so enjoy meeting others!

Carnival Valor! Traveling with friends in a separate room and we want to make sure we are at the same table.

The email address for the Maitre'd on the Valor should be vamaiterd@carnival.com. Give him your names and the names of your friends and ask to be seated together at whichever time you want to eat- 6pm,or 8:15. (Some ships have moved the 6:15 dinner to 6pm.)

On the Sunshine there is a line of 'any time' diners that let a maiter'd know what time they want to come to the anytime dining room so there might be one on the Valor too.

You can also ask for a table for 4 if you want (most ships have booths for 4) or table of 8. Tables for 6 are hard to find. We don't like big tables because you have to shout to talk to anyone who is not right next to you.

Most people want to eat at earlier times so the 8:15 time can be easier to get.

Email him after the cruise before yours has started- 5 or 6 days before yours. Maître'ds make up tables and times in the dining rooms. So ,don't email now or you could get lost by the time you cruise starts!

Make sure you thank him and say you are looking forward to meeting him.

We booked a Carnival cruise only a couple months prior to sailing last year due to my daughters crazy college schedule and the MDR was waitlisted for both early and late dining. My travel agent says they are completely booked months in advance during peak season and this is peak season. So it's not poor customer service, it's supply and demand. And there's high demand during holidays and summertime when kids and teachers are out of school. But as soon as we boarded we went to see the Maitre'd in the MDR and he fixed it for us right away. So if the emailing thing doesn't work go straight to the MDR upon boarding and talk to the Maitre'd like we did and he should be able to find you a table.

• 4 months later...

I'd like to piggy back this...got wait listed months ago for Carnival Glory. Travel Agent said there's not much he can do...Can I the e-mail address for the Maitre'd?

I'll be traveling with 8 adults and my 15 month old. Any suggestions? Should we try to get 2 tables, or a big one? Or even split the dining time if someone needs to take care of the baby while some of us eat? I can post this question on a more relevant sub if needed.

Thanks!

The email address for the Maitre'd on the Glory is glmaitred@carnival.com. I usually email the Maitre'd as we do not want a table for 10, or two. Ask him to please let you know he got your email and make sure you thank him when you email. Don't send it until the week before you sail so your request doesn't get lost.

We have been on the Glory a lot. She is an enjoyable ship!

I was wrong with the email for the Freedom. It is fdmaitred@carnival.com. Sorry about that!

The email address for the Valor is vamaitred@carnival.com.

Edited by Bonnie J.

Thank you Bonnie. Our cruise is this coming Saturday so I emailed Maitre'd. He/Carnival then contacted my Travel Agent, who then contacted me.

They were not able to move us to a set time. 7 of us are on Your Time Dining now, and the last party of 2 they will try to give YTD as well.

I guess when we board we'll see what happens with the last party. I believe this cruise is sold out now, so not sure our odds of having 9 sit together for a dinner. Fingers crossed that we can (even if we need to wait).

Thanks again!

I have seen people in a long line setting their time on ATD on the 1st day. Ask where this is and request a table for 9 and a time. The maitre'd will also be available usually about 1pm for people who want to change dining rooms or different time at the traditional time (6:15 or 8:15). The time will be in the Fun Times or ask at Guest Services. You could also let him know you'd like a table for 9 and ask easy way to get this table. I have seen people with beepers to let them know their table for ATD is waiting for them. I think you can ask for the same table each night if you like your waiter- ask how to do this too.

You could always go to the buffet for dinner but we don't like that either! You can check what's there at 6PM when they open. (they have fried shrimp often 1st night, and I go get htta for a before diner appetizer!

No matter when you have dinner, you will have a fantastic cruise!

We do not like ATD at all, recently tried it and still hate it! (We have been cruising every year+ since 1985!).

I'd like to piggy back this...got wait listed months ago for Carnival Glory. Travel Agent said there's not much he can do...Can I the e-mail address for the Maitre'd?

I'll be traveling with 8 adults and my 15 month old. Any suggestions? Should we try to get 2 tables, or a big one? Or even split the dining time if someone needs to take care of the baby while some of us eat? I can post this question on a more relevant sub if needed.

Thanks!

Not a great travel agent.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you provide email id for Carnival Ecstasy?

We used to because it was cheaper parking there than at a hotel. But now, after heart surgery and knee replacement we park for free. Charleston is the only Carnival port that has free handicapped parking. We have $5 shuttle from hotel in Cocoa (Port Canaveral) and we have parking garages we use in Miami or Lauderdale that are a lot less than at the port.

Oh, we live in Swansboro.

• 1 month later...
I’m in a similar situation on the Carnival Breeze next month. I’ve been waitlisted for early dining it’s just two of us and we are traveling with a big group and we are the only ones that ended up on a different time. I’m really stressed about it.

You need to make sure that all of the reservations are linked. Once they are, Carnival will make sure that everyone has the same dining time.

• 1 month later...

I am going on the Victory, do you have that email?